Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chirp82
    • Apr 2012

triumph help

I have a 71 650 , It starts first kick. It gets going fine but once i get into third or fourth gear and i am coming to a stop it dies. Im not sure if it could be something simple , any help would be appreciated,
    thanks
  • TheLakewoodKid2
    • Nov 2009

stocker or chopper/bobber? are you running a battery? E.I?

Comment

• chirp82
      • Apr 2012

bobber, no battery , pazon sure fire, and a podtronics
      thanks

Comment

• CRFyou
        • Mar 2010

How old is/are your carb(s)?

Are those shits sloppy?

Is it an AMAL, or that lousy chinaman carb?

Comment

• chirp82
          • Apr 2012

Its an amal, not to sloppy, i took it apart it was clean , is it possible it could have something to do with being to rich or to lean , Last ride after it died , when i kicked it to start it back up it popped like a backfire, but it did start.

Comment

• starwolf
            • Apr 2024

I'm curious , are you just trying to come to a stop in 3rd or 4th gear, or are you actually downshifting to aid in the slowing process? I don't think it would make a big difference in the engine cutting out, just curious,more than anything.
            It may be too rich/ lean, or even though you say you cleaned the carbs , there may be a restriction in the pilot jets. A .015 guitar string and a bit of carb cleaner will ensure there is not. I think air screws are supposed to be set at 1 1/2 turns out (don't hold me to that), but yours may be a bit different. It may even be possible you need to adjust the idle up a bit (don't go too crazy , don't make it idle at 3,000RPM) This issue sounds fuel related.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• chirp82
              • Apr 2012

Yes i am down shifting, when slowing down , I will try the guitar string and the idle up.
              thanks

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;