Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Loud & fast

  1. #41
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,444

    Default



    This was last Sunday. I'm not in this pic. I know the dude, but not super well. Like I said, he built my friends bike, did some small machine work for me, and rolls with these other dudes I know(Lucky 7) on occasion. I wasn't trying to get up in his face and be like "hey dude, remember me!" But he ended up coming up to me and saying whats up. My point in this is only to say that he is a super good,nice dude, way grounded. And he really does know his shit. And yeah, he is one of us, for sure.

    Never met the other dude. He might be a cool, but he doesn't seem like someone I would roll with... but all that stuff is scripted, so who knows.

  2. #42
    aaronc
    Guest

    Default

    He bought a Willys for 7 grand yeeeaaaahhhh right. Still really like the show thou.

  3. #43
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    on the gasmonkey site, Aaron refers to that bike of his as a "shovelhead with a suicide shifter". cred=gone. (it just bugs me, especially from someone that "builds" bikes)

    Richard Rawlings looks and acts like a Vegas douchebag, now having said all that....it is a cool show cause I like the cars they are selling. I really liked the 70 Linocoln.
    Last edited by vetto; 09-17-2012 at 9:05 AM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    That's pretty cool.

    Deep Ellum isn't what it used to be though, but it might have made a turn back up... well, at least it might have mellowed out a tick. When i was in my early 20s it was where we always wanted to be on a Friday night, now 15 years later... well... its just not.

    Next time you guys get down here look me up.

  5. #45
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    for a while, it was sketchy hip hop clubs... the kinda place you didn't wanna go after dark. now, you can go there after dark, but it's still not the kind of place you actually want to go to.

    Some cool stuff still happens down there, but no real nightlife to speak of.

    I bet the spaces are a lot cheaper though...

  6. #46
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetto View Post
    on the gasmonkey site, Aaron refers to that bike of his as a "shovelhead with a suicide shifter". cred=gone. (it just bugs me, especially from someone that "builds" bikes)
    Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell it is not a "suicide shifter"? I also noticed the response came from ADMIN and in a number of the responses it was clear that ADMIN was not Aaron. It seems that most who know him would likely disagree with your assessment of "cred=gone".

  7. #47
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    where's his shop located?
    Missed this. 2600 block of Main Street. Pretty sure it's closed up since he went back to Gas Monkey. It was a cool space, upstairs loft with a big shop underneath. I'd live there in a second.

  8. #48
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moto4fun View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell it is not a "suicide shifter"? I also noticed the response came from ADMIN and in a number of the responses it was clear that ADMIN was not Aaron. It seems that most who know him would likely disagree with your assessment of "cred=gone".
    Aaron, what kind of motorcycle do you ride?

    Admin June 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm
    It’s a shovel with a suicide shift, built three years ago. Love it.
    So if "Admin" was not aaron, someone should have a word with whoever is.
    I can tell he doesn't have a suicide shifter cause there aint no such thing. He jockey shifts the shovel we see on tv, but I couldn't see the clutch setup to tell if it is a "suicide clutch" or a rocker...probably the former.

    I will take your word that Aaron is what he appears to be, a righeous shovel rider with mad skills and I take back my cred statement.
    Last edited by vetto; 09-17-2012 at 3:57 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetto View Post
    So if "Admin" was not aaron, someone should have a word with whoever is.
    I can tell he doesn't have a suicide shifter cause there aint no such thing. He jockey shifts the shovel we see on tv, but I couldn't see the clutch setup to tell if it is a "suicide clutch" or a rocker...probably the former.

    I will take your word that Aaron is what he appears to be, a righeous shovel rider with mad skills and I take back my cred statement.
    not looking to start a fight or nothing but you would really judge him on his terminology anyways? i've heard plenty of people refer to it as a suicide shift or jockey shift doesn't really matter..

    i've been watching the show, it's pretty cool and NO DRAMA like the rest of the discovery's line up. honestly even that dude Richard seems pretty cool, kinda douchey but funny and they build some cool shit although i have seen them using spry cans on shit, not something you would expect from a pro shop on some of the high dollar cars too...

  10. #50
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Don't get me wrong, I too like the show for the same reasons! They seem like regular dudes building a car like regular people on a real budget would!

    As far as terminology, Fab Kevin did a long article about this in the Horse...the term comes from foot slipping off the clutch pedal and accidentally rocketing into an intersection or traffic...ergo, suicide clutch. Different from the stock rocker foot clutch made by the factory on hand shifted harleys.

    and I ride a suicide clutch - jockey shift shovel. You are right, many people get the terminolgy wrong.

  11. #51
    hobart
    Guest

    Default

    good show, that model a was fucking awesome. and a new one is on in 20 mins.

  12. #52
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetto View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I too like the show for the same reasons! They seem like regular dudes building a car like regular people on a real budget would!

    As far as terminology, Fab Kevin did a long article about this in the Horse...the term comes from foot slipping off the clutch pedal and accidentally rocketing into an intersection or traffic...ergo, suicide clutch. Different from the stock rocker foot clutch made by the factory on hand shifted harleys.

    and I ride a suicide clutch - jockey shift shovel. You are right, many people get the terminolgy wrong.
    thank u for putting that shit straight. been getting it wrong for at least 35 yrs.

  13. #53
    Junior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I was excited to see this show. Unfortunately, the "owner" cat completely turned me off with his unabashed douchebaggery. Fast N Loud - unDVR'd.

  14. #54
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    good thing they're getting paid for the show cause he lost his ass on those cars last night...

  15. #55
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,734

    Default No shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by purerockfury View Post
    good thing they're getting paid for the show cause he lost his ass on those cars last night...
    That Chevy fucking ruled!

  16. #56
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Fast&loud crew are commin to my buddys lil shop this Sunday. He has known them a long time. He says they are good folks. They are picking up a model A he is selling them for $6,500. They got some work to do on that mother. Be enteresting to see what they say they paid. On a sidenote, im leaving my chop over there so it can be on t.v. ....fame whore!

  17. #57
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetto View Post
    Richard Rawlings looks and acts like a Vegas douchebag, now having said all that....it is a cool show cause I like the cars they are selling. I really liked the 70 Linocoln.
    HEY, ima Vegas Douchebag and i take offense at that comment.
    that guy is a WAY bigger dick than i am. . .

  18. #58
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I like the show but it would be killer if the owner dude never talked. Question, at what point in life do you look down at your hands and think : boy, I sure need a bunch of large silver skull rings on these fingers.

  19. #59
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    HEY, ima Vegas Douchebag and i take offense at that comment.
    that guy is a WAY bigger dick than i am. . .
    Show me your rings!

    Quote Originally Posted by recycler View Post
    I like the show but it would be killer if the owner dude never talked. Question, at what point in life do you look down at your hands and think : boy, I sure need a bunch of large silver skull rings on these fingers.
    I think that's my problem with that guy...poster child for material happiness.

  20. #60
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by recycler View Post
    I like the show but it would be killer if the owner dude never talked. Question, at what point in life do you look down at your hands and think : boy, I sure need a bunch of large silver skull rings on these fingers.
    Ha Ha! That made me giggle. its been said before but, they do all talk the same on these shows. Its like they come from the same village. I think they are reading.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
NEWS   FORUM   EVENTS   CLASSIFIEDS   BLOGDUMP   COMMUNITY   MEMBERS
CHOP CULT HOME

Advertise    |    Contact    |    2009ChopCult    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct

Chopcult on Facebook