CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Regular foot clutch or Rocker style clutch?

I'm riding a 65 Slabside Shovel with a 12 over front end. I have no front brake so I just want to see if anyone else out there is running something similar and give me some input on weather to go with the regular foot clutch set up or the rocker style foot clutch, and yeah i know its fucking dangerous thats the point so if your here to tell me to get a front brake or not to use a foot clutch setup then dont waste your time posting. Thanks

xilefba

I have bikes with both and I like the non rocker foot clutch better. Maybe because it is just like a car with a manual transmission.

Get Adobe Flash player

ya i guess so ... have you ever been caught on a hill and needed to make that quick transition? which style you think would be better for that kind of situation? keeping in mind that i have no front brake

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shovelpan69 View Post
    ya i guess so ... have you ever been caught on a hill and needed to make that quick transition? which style you think would be better for that kind of situation? keeping in mind that i have no front brake
    A rocker thats set up correctly would be your best bet. Take the time to find an oem setup, the aftermarket trash from teddy the fag is useless. If it's set up and adjusted right the pedal will stay depressed so you can have your left foot free if need be.

xilefba

You just get used to it either way I guess. I just don't like the rocker clutch as much. But I also rode non rocker first.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a non-rocker foot clutch on my generator shovel. Once I rebuilt the clutch pack, it is smooth as silk. I just make sure I find neutral before I stop. I have a front brake, so not sure how you will deal with hills. I find my set-up just as easy as any car.

aaronc

The bike in my pic is the first foot clutch bike Ive ever road,nuthin crazy.But I can see benifits to both styles.Being new to this style ridin its nice to be able to just push down and the clutch is disengaged,cause man I get screwed down shiften pullin levers pushin brakes in traffic.It gives ya kinda of a breather plus its got a friction disk so you can ease in a lil better then the other style in/out.But that being said I could see gettin a year down with this and making my own controls/clutch pedel.Cause for whatever reason the rocker just feels wierd shiftin,its like its in its own way.But for someone just gettin down with jammin gears by hand with a cool chop Id go with the rocker till ya kinda get use to it.

aaronc

I should add that I dont use a front brake even thou there's one on there.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've got 4 on the road and they all have pretty much the same setup, nonrockers that I made and they are very friendly to me. I rode a scooter once with the old Jammer type pedal and thought it just flat sucked. But if this is your first go round and with no brake and all that fork it may help to have a little safety margin with a rocker. I don't know about you but stallin one at a light is embarrasin to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Thanks for all the input

Whats the best website or place to get a good rocker style clutch, not looking for any cheap japan shit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shovelpan69 View Post
    Whats the best website or place to get a good rocker style clutch, not looking for any cheap japan shit.
    I believe you have your asian countries mixed up

aaronc

The one I bought from v-twin is made in the good ol U.S.A.

aaronc

Japan=beautiful,china=death

Get Adobe Flash player

Default ya my bad

I meant Chinese shit

HotSnotRocket

Since I "think" I'm one of the few that actually own a factory bike with a jockey shift and suicide clutch (rocker) I'll tell you...

With a Rocker you can take your foot off of it and it will "somewhat" stay in that position. My '57 Pan belonged to my best Pal who is dead. When he owned the bike I rode it as a Chopper with about a 24" over front-end without any front brake. Even with the rocker, turning left is a challenge. If you are stopped on a slight up hill grade and turning left without a front brake, more interesting. Cause it will happen. It takes some skill but you'll get the knack for it.

I know it's your Scoot but with either rocker or just foot clutch I'd seriously consider a front brake.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default thanks for the info

I really cant run a front break i have a narrow springer, i would have to run a special set up and I really dont have the money.

Get Adobe Flash player

This is what I was running on my daily but switched to a rocker style set up. Good choice!

Photobucket

Share This