Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nateridesbikes
    • Sep 2011

100th Anniversary Sporty "Build"

Not so much a build thread but rather a timeline of changes I've made and will make to the bike. Sold an 05 Yamaha R6 and picked this thing up a few months ago.

From the CL ad

Had to be a cool a guy and take off the fender

Then I got some new bars from Zombie Performance and some ridged struts.

Also got a new headlight so I could get rid of the unibrow.

This is the most recent project. The tank needs a bit of touching up but im pretty happy with it. The rear fender got chopped tonight so hopefully I can get some paint on it soon too.

Thats all for no but seeing as how I cant leave things alone there will be more to come.
  • WingNut
    • Dec 2010

Good start! Ditch that seat and get a new intake!

Comment

• nateridesbikes
      • Sep 2011

Thanks man. The intake is actually the next thing on the list, I really hate that ham can. I'm still on yhe fence with the seat. I'm not crazy about it but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I really dig the biltwell banana seat but I want to keep the 2up option. I plan on hardtailngb it this winter at which point I want to do a true ridged seat. I'm trying to to make changes now that I will have to change again when I cut it in half.

Comment

• Spade115
        • May 2010

Looks good, intresting choice for paint but damn cool

Comment

• nateridesbikes
          • Sep 2011

Im going to see if one of the local shops can weld some bungs in for me so I can get the tank mounted. In the mean time Im going to get the rear fender painted. More than likely going to keep it simple and do solid black.

Comment

• KackAttack
            • Apr 2011

looking better but i really dont like the bars... they only look good on my bike ! rofl

Comment

• nateridesbikes
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by KackAttack
              looking better but i really dont like the bars... they only look good on my bike ! rofl
              haha the second I saw the bars I had to have them. Sooo much better than those apes!

I got bored tonight and wanted to see what the new tank looked like. I am beyond stoked on it. I just need to get some bungs welded in so I can get this bad boy on permanently. The tiny tank makes the seat look even more miserable so Im going to need to get that sorted out next.

Comment

• nateridesbikes
                • Sep 2011

Finally got my tank mounted. The welder I was using at first was a garbage 90 amp that just wouldnt cut it but my friend ended up letting me use this giant old mig they use for fixing tractors and what not. Its crazy how much easier it is to weld this stuff when you have the right equipment.

also got rid of the forwards and put on some 10.5in shocks. Its a lot more fun than with the ridged struts.

Last edited by nateridesbikes; 09-15-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Dozer
                  • Jun 2012

Pretty sweet Nate. I got a black 100th ann with 288 miles for $2700 a month ago. Doing a lot of small stuff here and there. Once I get my new tank from Eric at Jake's Customs, I'll post pics over in the Sporty Thread.

Comment

• Hutch
                    • Sep 2009

Thats a sharp looking bike and I knew I recognized it...you work at NW downtown in DSM right?

Comment

• nateridesbikes
                      • Sep 2011

thanks dudes and yes I do work at NW, im guessing you work there too? What bike do you ride?

Comment

• bigdumbhead
                        • Jun 2011

What kind of pipes are you running? Still have the forwards? Looks great!

Comment

• nateridesbikes
                          • Sep 2011

Thanks man. Pipes are rinehart and I do have most of the forwards. Snapped the the brake rod off in the MC. How you ask? I have no idea.

Comment

• Hutch
                            • Sep 2009

I work over in the 1100 building, but lately i've just been riding my mismatched 04 sporty with the ness fairing.

Comment

• nateridesbikes
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Hutch
                              I work over in the 1100 building, but lately i've just been riding my mismatched 04 sporty with the ness fairing.
                              Oh nice! I saw it parked by me the other day.

Havent got anything else done sense the tank. Still need to figure out the seat because I hate everything about this one.

the lady looks awfully badass on it tho haha

Last edited by nateridesbikes; 10-01-2012, 7:52 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;