CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default What’s a mostly stock 76 Ironhead worth???

Running....needs “finishing touches” but it looks pretty decent (and the year I was born) he’s asking $1500 or best offer

My policy in general is to offer 60% of asking on pretty much anything, and be willing to leave it lay.

But, that price for a running XL, IF it runs good and rides good, would be OK. If you are just buying somebody else's project, that's probably way high, at least for around here. And if he doesn't have a clear title in his name, pass.

Jim
    Last edited by JBinNC; 04-23-2019 at 6:39 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

CH or H model ... ???

Get Adobe Flash player

Pics help enormously. Motorcycles are like women. One man's hottie is another's skank.

I bring cash because people hate turning down dead Presidents. The market is soft and the Ironhead market is even softer.

I also bring a compression tester, spark plug wrench and my jump pack though jumper cables will do (never jump from a running car or truck!) unless the bike has a kicker. Most used IHs are worn out like a sixty year old lot lizard. If it needs a top end job it likely needs a lot more so don't be surprised. Of course you can always upgrade while you're at it.

If the bike runs I insist on it being cold when I arrive so I can observe a cold start.

Get Adobe Flash player

Agree with all the above. "Finishing touches" will probably cost a LOT. And above all no title, no deal

take your time to go through it, at that price I wouldn't be totally put off if it needs a top end so long as everything else is good - particularly the gearbox which is normally an ironhead issue.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk1976 View Post
    Running....needs “finishing touches” but it looks pretty decent (and the year I was born) he’s asking $1500 or best offer
    That's a loaded question....... Way more info and pics are needed....... Does it have the original paint and tank decal????

Share This