Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RetroRob
    • Oct 2011

Help Me Decide .....

Ok finally making progress on my 66 Triumph build, elelectically a pretty minimalist bike, just headlight and tail light. New Harley style dual coils, plan on a buying Pazon ignition. The jury is still out if I'm going to run a battery or not. Can't afford a mag, so what are my choices, how well do the battery elimators work ? What are the best ones ? Would you run a battery, if so why ? What's the smallest most compact battery I can hide inconspicuously ? Thanks in advance for the input !
  • rustbusket
    • Oct 2011

im running the pazon/sparks eliminator combo and everything seems good. all i have is headlight, led tail and some plate lights. just wire it where you can start it first then turn on lights.

Comment

• Torch
      • Jul 2009

we do no battery bikes with electronic ignitions without any issues and we sell a complete "No Battery kit" just for this.
      When they are done like this nothing is visible......[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Comment

• matix99def
        • Jul 2011

not trying to thread jack but im debating the exact thing. im not running electronic ignition, bt i wanna run no battery. can u use the sparx eliminator capactior from lowbrow for 16 bucks? and just wire it accordingly?

Comment

• RetroRob
          • Oct 2011

Thanks for the input, I'm waiting on my pazon, got my coils and just got my sparks bat elimator, looks simple and small.

Comment

• RetroRob
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by matix99def
            not trying to thread jack but im debating the exact thing. im not running electronic ignition, bt i wanna run no battery. can u use the sparx eliminator capactior from lowbrow for 16 bucks? and just wire it accordingly?
            I'd say yes, but call then to be sure

Comment

• Torch
              • Jul 2009

yes, a capacitor is just a simple little battery

Comment

• matix99def
                • Jul 2011

Is there a wiring diagram for one or a certain way to wire it? Where do most people mount it? Does it replace my zener and everything?

Comment

• RetroRob
                  • Oct 2011

Good diagram on lowbrows site, I can seem to paste it here

Comment

• Torch
                    • Jul 2009

Is there a wiring diagram for one or a certain way to wire it? Where do most people mount it? Does it replace my zener and everything?
                    no, a capacitor only replaces a battery, you still need all the other stuff.
                    a battery eliminator charge box will replace all that other stuff.

Comment

• dazegoneby
                      • Apr 2024

heres few diagrams for you hope they help I run no battery with boyer brandson setup, has been no probs for 4 years
                      Attached Files

Comment

• RetroRob
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Torch
                        we do no battery bikes with electronic ignitions without any issues and we sell a complete "No Battery kit" just for this.
                        When they are done like this nothing is visible......[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
                        Hey Torch, lets see under that tank. Right now Im trying to squeeze coils, pazon, Sparx, amd a mini horn under my Foster tank

Comment

• Torch
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by RetroRob
                          Hey Torch, lets see under that tank. Right now Im trying to squeeze coils, pazon, Sparx, amd a mini horn under my Foster tank
                          the only thing under the tank is the dual lead coil, all the other stuff is on the "No Battery" tray under the engine like this one.[IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by Torch; 05-31-2012, 9:36 PM.

Comment

• RetroRob
                            • Oct 2011

Great idea, thanks !

Comment

• matix99def
                              • Jul 2011

the sparx regulator from lowbrow, if i get that i can run no battery or zener and whatnot without having to use anything to make it work?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;