Just crashed my bike for the first time today...

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adirproductions
    • Mar 2024

Just crashed my bike for the first time today...

Hello everyone, my name is Adi. I have been lurking for a while now but figured this would be a great start to this forum. First I would like to tell all of you that this place is awesome and it is like that because of everyone involved. You guys are great!!

Alright, now to the meaty story...

I just finished putting some Z-Bars and mid controls on my 97 XLH1200C around 2 months ago... I also put new grips and mirrors etc... So today I went to Cycle Lab in South Florida to pick up my Red V2 Fulmer helmet that I've been waiting for 3 weeks to arrive. I hit 595 west and not even one exit through I am on the HOV (Far left lane) going around 60 when traffic slows down drastically in front of me. I hit my brakes with good distance from the SUV in front of me. The vehicle then proceeds to brake even harder and at this point I don't have much space. So i veer off into the emergency lane and right when I am near him he jumps out in front of me. So luckily I go around him but it's too late. I lock up both tires... rear end swings out from my left side, so far I am holding it steady and then the bike just grabs the road and flings me off... luckily I fell into grass between East and West bound traffic. I remember the whole thing, I was calm... once I was in the air I just remember tucking in and tumbling... then landed on my feet and got up. Knee hurts, back muscles hurt... basically feels like I got tackled in a friendly match of football.

The motorcycle works, the bars are goners... my hand controls might need replacement... mids look beat up but might still work. Gas tank has a nice scratch. Luckily I hit no one. I am fine... but i've been riding for 2 years, this is my first bike... and I was told, "It's not if, it's when" and I guess I have joined the elite of the road.

Anyways, figured this might be a fun way to introduce myself.

Again, you people are all great... Love the site and I hope to add something to ChopCult.

Take Care,
    Adi

PS... I will try to get some pics for you all to enjoy.
  • jpswino
    • Aug 2009

Glad you're okay man. Those types of events happen.

AND yeah, there are two types of riders, Those that have been down and Those that are going down.

Its great you made it to the other club with your pride and body intact.

Cheers, jp

Comment

• Revelator
      • Aug 2009

hey Adi, Welcome to the cult. Hey man....How'd Your new V2 work out in the crash? Did it pass
      the crash test? Hey, shit happens, At least You are okay, cycle parts can always be replaced,

Comment

• steffan
        • Dec 2009

glad to here your ok. I'm one of the ones who hasn't gone down yet. I know its comming, i have no delusions about that. look on the bright side.....you get to pick out a new paint job.

Comment

• wickedblockhead
          • Aug 2009

now you have a great story to impress the ladies with.

Comment

• willythepirate
            • Aug 2009

Assholes in SUVs I hate them. Glad to know you walked away.

Comment

• DeeBee
              • Aug 2009

stepped over the highside?!.....ouch

Comment

• billdozer
                • Mar 2024

Glad you are still here to post about it!

Comment

• adirproductions
                  • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Revelator
                  hey Adi, Welcome to the cult. Hey man....How'd Your new V2 work out in the crash? Did it pass
                  the crash test? Hey, shit happens, At least You are okay, cycle parts can always be replaced,
                  I bought those elastic net with hooks when I picked up the helmet... I have a stock Rider/Passenger HD centipede like seat... so I strapped it down onto the passenger area... It was pressing a little against my back while I rode cause I wanted to feel it behind me the whole ride...

After I got up... some people helped pick up the bike... I looked at the helmet... not a single scratch... So I am glad about that... 3 weeks man, that was a long one.

PS... I was riding with a Harley Jacket with pads in the shoulders and elbows... I also was wearing a Scorpion Ex1000 full face, and a pair of Mechanix gloves. Everything fared well.

Comment

• adirproductions
                    • Mar 2024

Originally posted by DeeBee
                    stepped over the highside?!.....ouch
                    I was lucky, where I highsided was onto a large patch of soft soil and soft grass. Maybe a mile ahead all the guard rails start to exist.

That would've been bad.

Comment

• adirproductions
                      • Mar 2024

jpswino - Thank you very much!

steffan - Yup... I was thinking either a Satin Red or Metal Flake Red, I was thinking like and old school hot rod. Quick description... I have the Diamond White Biltwell seat w/ accessories, Fab Kevin Ford '33 Taillight/Tag Side mount, Bobbing rear fender (soon), White wall in rear (need Avon 21" WWW for front), 1" risers, Probably go back to drag bars with those risers and make a semi cafe/rod motorcycle... anyways, thats another post but thank you very much!

wickedblockhead - unfortunately I have been only impressing the dudes...

willythepirate - Yes you are right, but Stay at home dads who drive Miatas... well that's a hole other story for chop cult... (Chased me down on i75... that was fun)

DeeBee - Let me say that my highside was perfectly executed... I watched videos online when I got home... and mine was perfect compared to the others on youtube. Thank you though!

billdozer - Thank you, and yes... cause I've been waiting to make time to create an account here. I love this place.

To everyone... Thanks. It's 3:46am and I am feelin it Anyways I am off to bed once again.

Take Care!!!

Comment

• beanhead78
                        • Nov 2009

wow ive been down twice. first time i remember the whole thing cause i saw it coming. second time i remember being at a red light next thing i remember seeing my bike on the ground with the throttle stuck wide open and some dude yelling holy shit man you need help.that was about a month ago and my arm still aint right. crashing sucks.glad to hear your alright.

Comment

• DirtFloorJim
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by beanhead78
                          i remember being at a red light next thing i remember seeing my bike on the ground with the throttle stuck wide open and some dude yelling holy shit man you need help.that was about a month ago and my arm still aint right. .
                          That's the one I fear the most! Every time I hear screeching brakes behind me. Glad you made it thru. If you're able walk, ride, crawl, or get carried away alive its a good thing!

Good luck to both of you healing up. Get back on the bike ASAP.

Comment

• dirtyd
                            • Sep 2009

good luck on the heal up, you should be feeling it today, but thankfully its nothing major. like its been said steel is steel, it can be replaced. good thing you are alright.

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                              • Mar 2024

Originally posted by willythepirate
                              Assholes in SUVs I hate them. Glad to know you walked away.
                              There are SUV's and then there are 4x4's. Just wanted to make that distinction.

Glad your OK! Most of my problems have been with BMW's and Volvo. There was an old Caddy once back when I was a kid.

Welcome to the club!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;