Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • me
    • Dec 2009

My build thread, from a pritty girl to an ugly betty

well it seems at this point once a year i get an itch to tear my scoot down and test my abilities to fabricate and create something new that i can be proud of.

it started out with some cool bolt on stuff, then it went to some small fabricating work, well this is as far as i'm comfortable going as of yet ( i would love to go farther but sinse this is my only bike and a daily rider i hate bein down for more than 2 months...drives me nuts)

i'm really excited about this particular build, for me its gonna be a super striped down bike that tests my fabricating abilities.

the last version was sooooo dam pritty, i did love the look of that bike, but it did start to anoy me bein worried about where i can and can't ride or what i feel like i can do with it.

this bike is gonna be totaly ridable! thats the point of it. soooo watch the progress in here if ya want

ALSO! this is a budget build....my goal is 135$ total for the whole smash....i've been tallieng and i'm close

also i'll be havin questions from time to time so i'll appriceiate input on questions i have.

my trailer fender for 15$ at northern tool

little moch up, carboard cut of of what the seat will look like, trailer fender and sissy set up

choppity chop chop of the fender struts

• me
    • Dec 2009

OK here is my first question. i'm hopin this will be enough to support a rider...i have an idea for an extra 2 mounting spots but i would prefer not to if don't have too.

first, weld this round stock to the fender and then to the frame...if i weld it to the center of the fender down deep it should hold the fender well

other 2 mounting spots will be the fender sturts...i'm thinkin it could look something like this with either 16 or 10 guage flat stock welded to the fender and bolted to the strut bolt

do you think that could support someone or do i need a few more mounting brackets??

Comment

• Toecutterp
      • Sep 2009

It will work. Unless shes a bremerlo

Comment

• Customdelux
        • Dec 2009

I would put more, make it like a triangle for strenght. Just a suggestion, better to be safe then sorry.

Comment

• kromsucks
          • Aug 2009

what size rear tire is that

Comment

• me
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by kromsucks
            what size rear tire is that
            its a 150...looks big with such a little fender...

Comment

• deadman13
              • Aug 2009

are those pegs ebay specials? seen some on there just like em, grips too. a bit too long for my application, but not bad.

Comment

• me
                • Dec 2009

ok made some good progress today, got the toggles hooked up to the horn cover today, it looks great, i'm really satisfied with it. this removes all the switches off my bars cleaning them up, of course i still have the big bulky master cylinder up there but i'll tackle that another build.

got the bars and risers all moded up, i used a wooden dowle for the actually bar, i'll cut up the regular bar tommorro

also changed my mind about the sissy bar set up so i bent up a new one today that i will be commin strait off the swingarm with and welding to the fender...it will support better... i just bent it today, it won't be this tall, i need to cut it up a little, its about 4' tall, i'll end up being about 16-18 inches off the fender i think

O also found a place fo the ignition...diggin it

i'm lovin the stance of the bike at this point...if feels soo freakin good!

Comment

• kromsucks
                  • Aug 2009

put the light on the lower triole tree it will look 1000 times better

Comment

• Toecutterp
                    • Sep 2009

You decided to run sold wood bars

Comment

• me
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Toecutterp
                      You decided to run sold wood bars
                      yeah i'm keepin it real old school and figured i could elmers better than weld

Comment

• me
                        • Dec 2009

will this work??

so i'm relocateing the front brake master cylinder down to opporate off the rear brake lever. i'm thinking something very similar to a fatboy (and i would assume all softail) setup.

i'm gonna make up the bracket but i'm wondering if something like this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yz-25...Q5fAccessories ) will work?

i'm assuming i would need new banjos? right? but could i hook up my cable and run my stock sporty brake system with this???

thanks

Comment

• me
                          • Dec 2009

little more work done

ok well thanks to this forum i was able to make my own seat pan, i have never done this before and have absolutly no expeirience with makeing something like this, but following the thread about making your own seat pan i was able to whip this up...little grinding and cutting and it should be even and when i cover it it will look great!

also found a cool location for my mirror, i can peak right threw my leg and it works pritty good, def not grreeat but good enough. also got the bars cut up (the metal ones

the regulator on the welder was messed up but got that figured out too so i'll be just practicing welding for the next couple a days

original template for the seat

cut it out of flat sheet metal with a jigg saw

i deff couldn't bend it with just my strength, my back isn't good enough to put that kinda pressure on it, so i heated it up with a benz0 torch with map gas (not the most effective but all i had and it worked) for about half an hour for each bend then closed it in the garage door and pulled, after 1.5 hrs or so and 2 bends this is what i was left with...

then somethin small, found a cool spot for my rear view mirror

and my little helper....or distractor...iether way i needed someone to make sure i wasn't dickin around to much

Comment

• me
                            • Dec 2009

well got the sissy bar made, bars welded up and i figured out how i'm gonna mount this fender finaly, sorry but these are the best pics i got...evodog came over and man does he know his shit. taught me some cool stuff, learned how to make an old school type bender and some cool little things that will make my life easyer in the future...cool petcock, some closed mount bung things (i always fuck up what thats called) , the things to mount my tank into my frame with...anyway, bike is really comin along, just gotta figure out this braking system and i'll be good

and a fuzzy pic of evodog leavin on his bad ass chop

Comment

• 1beatnik
                              • Dec 2009

Looks nice, I used "kinda" the same idea for my bike. I wired headlamp hi-low and actually even the starter to toggle switchs, I used the frame upright motor mount braket to connect them to. It is kinda up under the tank so it hides them. Nice project though!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;