Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bikebldr
    • Mar 2012

cb900 bobber

hey guys, so im picking up a cb900 that i want to do a simple chop on to have a scoot to ride while my other one is under construction. does anyone know if i can cut the springs a little bit on the rear shocks and be able to keep them tight still? i know some youcan, and some when you cut them they springs dont get tight in the keepers again. has anyone done this? i want them to be like the ones on this cb in the pic
    Attached Files
  • MrFuckingBrandon
    • Oct 2009

I would never recommend cutting shocks. It's not safe and much easier to get shorter shocks. If you dont want to buy shorter shocks, strut the rear to lower the bike. You may want to run your fork tubes an inch or two higher in the trees to compensate for the lowered rear. It will keep your front end from flopping too much.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
      • May 2010

If you own a tap and die set! You can cut them down. You need to grip the center bar with a wrench if ou can see a nut, or needle nose vise grips if no nut. Then twist off the top cap. Be careful because it's obviously under some tension. Then cut your springs from 1-3" off. Whatever you cut off, also cut off the center bar. Then re tap the center bar and thread the cap back on. Boom, shorter shocks one the cheap and right way.

Also, if you cut slightly more off the bar than you did off the springs, you'll have more tension, so more 'per load' and less chance of bottoming out.

Comment

• bikebldr
        • Mar 2012

Awesome idea. I didnt know that the top twisted off, ive always tossed them in the trash and run rigids. I will do that for sure. Thanks for the idea

Comment

• wallyvtk
          • Jan 2012

make it hard

chop it make it hard! loks good though love the bars and the short stance

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;