X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2WheelEnthusiast
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by OldSchoolBully
    That hi temp paint turned out smooth.
    thanks, the funny part is I did it with some 50 cent brushes from a fleet farm store. Just took my time and tried not to put on too much paint so it wouldn't run. I like how it turned out, and I'll be wrapping the headers and painting them the same color so they don't flake. I have yet to find a high temp that can truly last

Comment

• OldSchoolBully
      • Aug 2011

I'm leaning towards VHT paint. Wrapped my exhausts twice and am never totally happy with it. Never looks really black. And I feckin hate working with fibreglass.

Comment

• 2WheelEnthusiast
        • Apr 2012

and I wire brushed the cases and valve covers to shine them up a bit. They were pretty gunky
        Attached Files

Comment

• 2WheelEnthusiast
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by OldSchoolBully
          I'm leaning towards VHT paint. Wrapped my exhausts twice and am never totally happy with it. Never looks really black. And I feckin hate working with fibreglass.

really? Do you have any pics of your pipes? I just googled VHT flameproof and looks like some legit exhaust paint, and if it flakes I may go that route. I just planned on painting the header wrap with the same high temp paint haha

Comment

• OldSchoolBully
            • Aug 2011

[IMG][/IMG]

the pipes. That is supposedly 'charcoal black'. Did you just use a normal wire brush for the engine? I own a rat , I've accepted that, but I would like to get some of the worst crap off....

Comment

• 2WheelEnthusiast
              • Apr 2012

ya just a repular whire wheel, bought a couple different sizes from a hardware store, $1.50 each, took about 1 wire wheel to do both sides of the cases and another one to do the rims. I just used my old mans air powered dremel. It's nice to have a larger size to do the big parts and a small one to get into the small crammed areas. though it might be easier if you take the covers off, I kept them on the bike when I did mine, because I was lazy ha

Comment

• 2WheelEnthusiast
                • Apr 2012

Well my tires, seat, and tach cable came in the mail this week. All the things that needed paint are painted. So expect a nearly complete bike by sunday at the latest, as soon as my last final is done Im burning the midnight oil until this thing is on the road, can't wait to take it thru some twisties (and hopefully turn some heads)

Comment

• Townson
                  • May 2012

Suzuki family unite! lol

Comment

• 2WheelEnthusiast
                    • Apr 2012

Well im almost done. I got everything done except my taillight, license plate bracket, and get some bigger main jets. The middle pic is when I first got the bike for comparison.
                    Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;