Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfdiaff
    • Apr 2012

Try not to be too harsh it was free.

So back in march my dad gave me a 1973 Triumph bonnie t140. It was my grandfathers bike that he bought new. My grandpa actully gave my dad two bikes. The 73' and a 53' Triumph thunderbird. Of course my dad gave my the 73' instead of the 53' but i guess beggers cant be choosers. This is my first build. I have been on bikes since my 2nd birthday. All of my roadbikes have been of the rice version. As I have gotten older. Gonna be 30 this year my idea of cool has changed from going over 100 mph everywhere to cruizing around on something ugly I built. Try not to be too harsh I am building this in my 10x10 shed.

The details and plans. I hated the banna seat so I cut the back half of the frame off. I built a mount for a trailer leaf spring to act as somewhat of a suspension. Took the front fender off and cut it up to be a back fender. Made a bracket to mount it to the swing arm. Bought a seat pan made the mount. Burnt two holes in the frame trying to get it attached. Apparently when they bent the back bone it gets real thin. Made a taillight and license plate mount gonna run a model a taillight. Paint is all flat black but gonna run flat white wings on the tank I have to keep the triumph look. Gold leaf will edge the two. I plan on brass plating a few things spokes controls and cover bolts. Gonna sand anything shiny. No battery. No seat pad. No Tach. No speedo. No wires. I want it to look like there is not enough shit there to run. Here are some pics of what I have so far.

• lfdiaff
    • Apr 2012

Damn it worng section

Comment

• lfdiaff
      • Apr 2012

How the hell do I move that to the british bike section

Comment

• NHMike
        • Apr 2024

Not bad!

Although, I wouldn't trust MY rear section with that rear section. Looks pretty sketchy.

Comment

• chopshopsnake
          • Jul 2011

you might want some kind of bumpstop as a fail safe if you plan on running that rear section.. if that spring work hardend and broke you might sorta be fucked a little bit.

Comment

• longlivepunk
            • Jan 2012

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Let us know how it works!

Comment

• bobbystat
              • Feb 2012

dude, I love unconventional builds like this.

Mad Max!

Comment

• TemeculaTerry
                • Jul 2009

Mad max death trap! no offense brother but you may want to re-think this, beef it up a bit, I like the look though but there is a good reason you probably never have seen it before!

Also put into consideration tire expansion!

Comment

• crush1776
                  • May 2011

I'm with Terry, unique idea but has ass-bust written all over it, your ride so do what you want but....

Comment

• RetroRob
                    • Oct 2011

I'd rescue the engine and buy a new frame

Comment

• dirtbag
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by RetroRob
                      I'd rescue the engine and buy a new frame
                      Or just scrap it and buy a new stocker....to quote the great yellowman,"nobody move nobody get hurt"..

Comment

• 73Iron
                        • Feb 2012

I vote to keep that rear section, just make sure your using cut down leaf springs, not just strip of bar stock. Real leaf spring shouldn't work harden, bar stock will. Ive seen a few bikes that had leaf spring suspension like that before, looks good.

Comment

• davidabl
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 73Iron
                          I vote to keep that rear section, just make sure your using cut down leaf springs, not just strip of bar stock. Real leaf spring shouldn't work harden, bar stock will. Ive seen a few bikes that had leaf spring suspension like that before, looks good.
                          Do you know if there were ever any production motorcycles that did it that way ?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;