Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMFNC
    • May 2011

Changing up a logo to suit your needs is a skateboard tradition that Steve Rocco and the world industries empire made millions from. Of all the cease and desist letters they got (which is about all this lawsuit is going to result in), the threat of broken legs by HA over an image of chocolate george riding with a hippy chick they altered for a Rodney Mullen graphic was the only one that had them worried. Maybe HA will get some money out of Viacom but my bet is this will only end in a cease and desist.

Also, HA handling this thru legal channels is a smart move to strengthen their stance that they are a club of motorcycle enthusiasts and not a criminal empire. Get it?
    Last edited by JMFNC; 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: Thinking chair

Comment

• CRFyou
      • Mar 2010

Imagine if Black Flag sued all the people that poached their bars....

Comment

• ironhead86
        • Feb 2011

If you have a patent on something then I understand which they do. and as far as being "not intelligent" In your opinion you are the ignorant ones. We don't live in the days of the old You either ADAPT OR DIE and for them to adapt is smart and logical as a business person. I can't beat the shit out of someone in the parking lot at work like we use to everyday so we adapted and continue to grow.

Comment

• JMFNC
          • May 2011

Originally posted by CRFyou
          Imagine money spent on black flag cd's and merch went to more band members than just Greg ginn.

Comment

• rodbuster86
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by ironhead86
            If you have a patent on something then I understand which they do. and as far as being "not intelligent" In your opinion you are the ignorant ones. We don't live in the days of the old You either ADAPT OR DIE and for them to adapt is smart and logical as a business person. I can't beat the shit out of someone in the parking lot at work like we use to everyday so we adapted and continue to grow.
            While I think you are absolutely right I also think there is a certain image of the HA. A image that they would like the general public to respect and I'm not sure a public court case like this helps. They walk a fine line and maybe they did approach them before filing papers but I can't help but think that if the secretary got a call saying so-and-so from the Hells Angels wanted to speak with Rob that there would have been immediate importance placed on the call. Some things we don't need to know and this might be one of those. Who knows maybe that call was made and got no traction.

Comment

• ThePete
              • Nov 2011

I'd settle for a Rollins beat down, Hell if Danzig can take it so can I, I'm sure I'm a hell of a lot tougher than Glen. I'm too broke to sue anyways.

I was contemplating the next repaint of my bike and rather than do a racing stripe I was going to make the strip going down the fenders a continuing series of bars off set in the same manor, course there would be a whole lot more than just 4 by the time it got done. Might look cool, or I may just end up scrubbing that off too.
              Last edited by ThePete; 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by rodbuster86
                While I think you are absolutely right I also think there is a certain image of the HA. A image that they would like the general public to respect and I'm not sure a public court case like this helps. They walk a fine line and maybe they did approach them before filing papers but I can't help but think that if the secretary got a call saying so-and-so from the Hells Angels wanted to speak with Rob that there would have been immediate importance placed on the call. Some things we don't need to know and this might be one of those. Who knows maybe that call was made and got no traction.
                It does help since they went a legal route instead of going in and busting heads. It's not like Y&R went and modified a band logo or a skate logo, but they did it with a well known outlaw MC logo and it could have had disastrous or deadly repercussions considering the fact that it's well known that rival clubs have sometimes bloody and deadly confrontations. To someone in a rival club that doesn't know that Y&R is just a clothing brand that ignorantly ripped off the HA logo could end horribly for some kid that just bought the shirt because it looked cool and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rivalries are real and shit does happen. Better to openly deal with this, because maybe rival clubs will happen to see this and not mistake the shirt for some kind of club support merch, but just a shirt from a company that some idiot "graphic designer" copied a logo for.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                  • Jul 2010

Big difference between tattooing a band logo on you and wearing the insignia of a well known outlaw club. The band tattoo won't get you fucked up. I have a Crimson Ghost tattoo on my hand, but I wouldn't get the colors of a club tattooed on me that I don't belong to.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 24Cycles
                    Saw that earlier

That truely is reckless youth
                    word

Comment

• ThePete
                      • Nov 2011

Even if I were ever be in part of some outlaw club I don't think I get anything tattooed on me it's nice and easy to be identified is walking probable cause.

Sent from the glory hole.

Comment

• CRFyou
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                        Big difference between tattooing a band logo on you and wearing the insignia of a well known outlaw club. The band tattoo won't get you fucked up. I have a Crimson Ghost tattoo on my hand, but I wouldn't get the colors of a club tattooed on me that I don't belong to.
                        I wasn't talking about band tattoos at all. I have a Strung Out Astrolux.

I was talking about the same exact thing with the HA logo. Designers designing and what not.

Here's Allen's badass flyer for a ride we went on.

I'm on the motorcycle on the far right.

Bing Bong!!

rideabove 1

Comment

• ThePete
                          • Nov 2011

Yeah I remember seeing that flyer, thought it was pretty bad ass.

Sent from the glory hole.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                            • Jul 2010

I wasn't talking about band tattoos at all. I have a Strung Out Astrolux.

I was talking about the same exact thing with the HA logo. Designers designing and what not.

Here's Allen's badass flyer for a ride we went on.

I'm on the motorcycle on the far right.

Bing Bong!!

rideabove 1
                            I don't think Henry Rollins would come out to your work or house and pay you a business visit over stealing his old band logo. And his band logo wouldn't possibly get you beaten or killed.

Comment

• Gunterjaeger
                              • Jan 2012

I seen this a while ago. Fuckin chooches! Im glad. They need to sue these wanna be faggot nigger bitches

Comment

• BillySlicks
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Gunterjaeger
                                I seen this a while ago. Fuckin chooches! Im glad. They need to sue these wanna be faggot nigger bitches
                                The award for most homophobic and racist comment in this thread goes to......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;