CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CRFyou View Post
    Imagine if Black Flag sued all the people that poached their bars....
    I'd settle for a Rollins beat down, Hell if Danzig can take it so can I, I'm sure I'm a hell of a lot tougher than Glen. I'm too broke to sue anyways.

I was contemplating the next repaint of my bike and rather than do a racing stripe I was going to make the strip going down the fenders a continuing series of bars off set in the same manor, course there would be a whole lot more than just 4 by the time it got done. Might look cool, or I may just end up scrubbing that off too.
    Last edited by ThePete; 04-27-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rodbuster86 View Post
    While I think you are absolutely right I also think there is a certain image of the HA. A image that they would like the general public to respect and I'm not sure a public court case like this helps. They walk a fine line and maybe they did approach them before filing papers but I can't help but think that if the secretary got a call saying so-and-so from the Hells Angels wanted to speak with Rob that there would have been immediate importance placed on the call. Some things we don't need to know and this might be one of those. Who knows maybe that call was made and got no traction.
    It does help since they went a legal route instead of going in and busting heads. It's not like Y&R went and modified a band logo or a skate logo, but they did it with a well known outlaw MC logo and it could have had disastrous or deadly repercussions considering the fact that it's well known that rival clubs have sometimes bloody and deadly confrontations. To someone in a rival club that doesn't know that Y&R is just a clothing brand that ignorantly ripped off the HA logo could end horribly for some kid that just bought the shirt because it looked cool and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rivalries are real and shit does happen. Better to openly deal with this, because maybe rival clubs will happen to see this and not mistake the shirt for some kind of club support merch, but just a shirt from a company that some idiot "graphic designer" copied a logo for.

Get Adobe Flash player

Imagine if Black Flag sued all the people that poached their bars....
    Big difference between tattooing a band logo on you and wearing the insignia of a well known outlaw club. The band tattoo won't get you fucked up. I have a Crimson Ghost tattoo on my hand, but I wouldn't get the colors of a club tattooed on me that I don't belong to.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 24Cycles View Post
    Saw that earlier

That truely is reckless youth
    word

Get Adobe Flash player

Even if I were ever be in part of some outlaw club I don't think I get anything tattooed on me it's nice and easy to be identified is walking probable cause.

Sent from the glory hole.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan80 View Post
    Big difference between tattooing a band logo on you and wearing the insignia of a well known outlaw club. The band tattoo won't get you fucked up. I have a Crimson Ghost tattoo on my hand, but I wouldn't get the colors of a club tattooed on me that I don't belong to.
    I wasn't talking about band tattoos at all. I have a Strung Out Astrolux.

I was talking about the same exact thing with the HA logo. Designers designing and what not.

Here's Allen's badass flyer for a ride we went on.

I'm on the motorcycle on the far right.

Bing Bong!!

rideabove 1

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah I remember seeing that flyer, thought it was pretty bad ass.

Sent from the glory hole.

Get Adobe Flash player

I wasn't talking about band tattoos at all. I have a Strung Out Astrolux.

I was talking about the same exact thing with the HA logo. Designers designing and what not.

Here's Allen's badass flyer for a ride we went on.

I'm on the motorcycle on the far right.

Bing Bong!!

rideabove 1
    I don't think Henry Rollins would come out to your work or house and pay you a business visit over stealing his old band logo. And his band logo wouldn't possibly get you beaten or killed.

Get Adobe Flash player

I seen this a while ago. Fuckin chooches! Im glad. They need to sue these wanna be faggot nigger bitches

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Gunterjaeger View Post
    I seen this a while ago. Fuckin chooches! Im glad. They need to sue these wanna be faggot nigger bitches
    The award for most homophobic and racist comment in this thread goes to......

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Gunterjaeger View Post
    Go rub your cock on some razor edged swazis, you super hardcore bonehead you

Get Adobe Flash player

Did no one mention when they were talking about the logo . Hey man maybe this is not a good idea ?? Did the really think the could have kids out there rocking a logo that could get them hurt ?
    It's fuckin crazy to me !!!

Droppin N word what a dick !

Get Adobe Flash player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunterjaeger

Quote Originally Posted by BillySlicks View Post
    The award for most homophobic and racist comment in this thread goes to......
    No shit. We need to start testing for steroids!!

Get Adobe Flash player

this and the other thread thats turning pretty racist pretty fucking quick.....

starwolf

Wow this thread made me realize that Hank III's logo is ripped off from Henry Rollins - Black Flag

dazegoneby

Is the guy who did this,,, realy that freakin stupid,, he outta suck a can of raid,,,same effect,less trouble,,,
    Last edited by dazegoneby; 04-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by starwolf View Post
    Wow this thread made me realize that Hank III's logo is ripped off from Henry Rollins - Black Flag

Greg Ginn's brother ray pettibon designed the logo. Rollins could give a fuck what anybody does with it, he doesn't get any money off his work in black flag anyway

Get Adobe Flash player

Few bands actually take the time to trademark a logo so they are open game to being ripped off. There is a good chance someone warned them not to use the death head but they probably ignored it.
    I had a customer come in all excited about his new custom paint job which was a profile of a skull with a tribal wing. I told him it was HA and he'd have to get rid of it. He laughed at me and told me I didn't know what I was talking about because he was "friends" with them and headed to Sturgis. He was in town two hours when he was pulled over and told he could use the grinder to take it off or they would use the grinder to take his face off. Needless to say his bike came home without paint and was repainted without the skull and "wing" the next week.

Get Adobe Flash player

Please don't equate the bars with Rollins. They were using them long before he showed up. Besides, everyone knows Chavo was the best singser for Black Flag.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by theghostoflLinkWray View Post
    Please don't equate the bars with Rollins. They were using them long before he showed up. Besides, everyone knows Chavo was the best singser for Black Flag.
    I enjoy stuff from every album but I agree with you

Share This