Ultima “E” Replacement Performance Carburetor, opinions?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • purerockfury
    • Mar 2011

Ultima “E” Replacement Performance Carburetor, opinions?

seen these carbs on ebay going for like 220 brand new

The Ultima® R-2 Performance Carburetor is directly interchangeable with S&S® Super E Carburetors, also will accept S&S® jets & bolt pattern air filter assemblies. Patented design improvements over S&S® Carburetors include a relocated accelerator pump nozzle for increased throttle response and Thunder Jets are an easy bolt on, simply remove the plug and screw in the Thunder Jet.

i got an ironhead and in need of a carb, i was thinking of running a super e but even used they seem to be running the $250 to $300 range and i found one company that sells them for $300 new just for the carb which is fine cause i got the manifold and air cleaner but was wonder if anyone had any experience or thoughts on the ultima?

my thoughts are it's cheaper and sounds like they made some improvements but i don't really want to spend the $220 on a piece of crap when i could just spend the $300 on a proven carb...

Photobucket
  • bkrtrsh
    • Jan 2012

I think you should guinea pig it for us and let us know if it works for you...If it doesn't we could always take up a collection for you to help offset the cost

Comment

• ricki
      • Mar 2012

Last issue of The Horse had a big write up on it. Check it out if you can.
      I would spend the cash for the S&S myself.
      Love mine. Keep your cash in the USofA.
      Last edited by ricki; 04-22-2012, 5:18 PM.

Comment

• tobiism
        • Aug 2009

fuck that blatant knock-off bullshit!!! Go with S&S if thats the style of carb you want.

Comment

• YcMatt
          • Aug 2009

I agree with both ricki and tobiism. I read that article, buy the s&s.

Comment

• purerockfury
            • Mar 2011

thx for the feedback! that was my gut feeling to begin with, usually you get what you pay for and have been burnt before trying to save a few bucks... just figured i'd put it out there to see what others thought

i'll just wait til i can find a deal on a used super e or just spend the $ on a new one, trying to keep this build on budget...

Comment

• Revelator
              • Aug 2009

Atta Boy.

Soooo.......... Did anyone else notice the crooked ass brass nut on the choke assembly of that import carb?

kinda makes
              ya wonder what other crooked ass ( shitty machine tolerances) parts may be lurking inside the guts.

Comment

• SportsterBob
                • Aug 2009

hey purerockfury.
                I had a super e, b and two throat on my 1980 ironhead. the one that had the best response was the super b with the bolt-on accelerator pump
                why don't you buy a used one on ebay and clean it. the rebuild is very easy to handle.

besides. where is ultima from?

by the way, the best carbs are from europe. sorry guys, no offence to your american pride.

and don'f forget the mikunis.

Comment

• purerockfury
                  • Mar 2011

bob, it actually had a super b on it when i bought it but it needed to be rebuilt and from people i've talked have said nothing but good things about super e's so i figured that's the way i'd go, so i sold the super b

i do know an old timer that has a few super b's and one with the accelerator pump on it he'd give me on the cheap BUT i was at his house last night talking about carbs and he brought up the ultima, he said if it was him he'd buy one and advised me too... this dude is know joke either he's in his 60's, he's been a bike mechanic for longer than i've been alive and builds fucking crazy engines i was actually drooling over a knuckle head he had on his bench he's doing for a customer. anyways he's got me thinking about it again....

i did notice the crooked nut too, not the best pic if your trying to sell these things...lol

i don't get the horse...did the article say it was a piece of shit or what?
                  Last edited by purerockfury; 04-26-2012, 4:40 PM.

Comment

• Hubbard
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by purerockfury
                    seen these carbs on ebay going for like 220 brand new

The Ultima® R-2 Performance Carburetor is directly interchangeable with S&S® Super E Carburetors, also will accept S&S® jets & bolt pattern air filter assemblies. Patented design improvements over S&S® Carburetors include a relocated accelerator pump nozzle for increased throttle response and Thunder Jets are an easy bolt on, simply remove the plug and screw in the Thunder Jet.

i got an ironhead and in need of a carb, i was thinking of running a super e but even used they seem to be running the $250 to $300 range and i found one company that sells them for $300 new just for the carb which is fine cause i got the manifold and air cleaner but was wonder if anyone had any experience or thoughts on the ultima?

my thoughts are it's cheaper and sounds like they made some improvements but i don't really want to spend the $220 on a piece of crap when i could just spend the $300 on a proven carb...

Photobucket
                    If your kid needed a new heart valve would you buy the proven one or a cheap chinese copy from a bunch of backroom crooks????

Comment

• TheGooch13
                      • Dec 2010

Get the real deal quit fucking around already..... or not

Comment

• SportsterBob
                        • Aug 2009

hey fury
                        I think thats the best way to get the stuff, talk to the oldtimers thats what I'm doing, too.
                        I'm actually too young to have the half of the experience the old guys have.
                        I think it depends on the setup of the bike. last weekend I was talking to an old fat one that is racing sportsters. last year he sold me a delorto dhla. and he said that the super b is a good one for e-start sportys like mine.
                        the super e I have, was never running very good.

If you have the money for ultima. buy and try it.
                        everybody is complaining about it being crap, but I think no one has actually tried it!
                        good carbs aren't about the price or the country they are from.
                        Its the thinking and understanding of the physics behind it. I still don't know where ultima is from but if they know what they doing, this thing kicks ass!
                        It takes a smart brain to make perfect things, not necessarily an american.

I'm still going with the S&S on mine its a blast!!!

Comment

• Kickstarts
                          • Feb 2012

Want to make some money real quick? Rip off someone elses hard work. Why have an original thought anyway?

Comment

• brach77
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kickstarts
                            Want to make some money real quick? Rip off someone elses hard work. Why have an original thought anyway?
                            seems to be a lot of that going around now.

Comment

• Kickstarts
                              • Feb 2012

No reason to help it along. I'd rather run a rebuilt Bendix than a rip off "Ultima". It might work better.

Apparently the Ultima is made in China just like the Bendix rebuild kits that don't work. Try to get a China made Bendix accel pump to work. I hope they're not made in the same factory cause you won't be going anywhere on your bike.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;