Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kougan
    • Feb 2012

69 Triumph - Front end question

Ignoring the random add-on parts (rear fender, headlights, seat pad...), I finally found what's possibly a great hardtail specimen.

One thing I can't quite get though is there's something wonky about the front end, which puts the whole bike at an awkward upward angle. I can't tell if the rake's been adjusted slightly, or if the forks are just extended. And of course, the owner's not sure either.

I was hoping someone could distinguish what it is before I make a four hour drive to check it out.
    Attached Files
  • Torch
    • Jul 2009

it looks like it started out in life as a 69 TR6 and then it was raped by guy that couldn't afford a Harley,
    it has 4" over tubes, and a Mikini carb and many other horrible aftermarket parts. but could still be saved.

Comment

• kougan
      • Feb 2012

Haha you nailed it exactly, but for the low price he's asking for, I can deal with it. (Gotta love those mufflers too.)
      From what's probably obvious from my question, I'm shyly stepping stepping away from strictly stock bikes, and slowly getting into customs..

So basically, the guy just has some longer, aftermarket forks on it? Makes sense. That'll be first to go after that fender then..
      But I can see a totally decent bike to work with minus some of "Harley" bits.

Comment

• Torch
        • Jul 2009

I'd buy it, in this case all the ugly can be un-bolted.
        you'll have to disassemble it before your friends see it, or you will never live it down.
        Last edited by Torch; 04-22-2012, 5:33 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;