Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HRK123
    • Mar 2012

Kush's XS650 rebuild

I say rebuild because it's already been hardtailed, so I'm tearing this bike down and reassembling it piece by piece. Some of you might recognize it, I bought it off another member not too long ago. I was originally going to just go over the bike to make sure everything was tight and working before riding the hell out of it, but there was enough that I wanted to change, fix or replace that I figured I'd just break the whole thing down and start from scratch, one section at a time. So here goes my rebuild pictorial - I apologize for all of the pictures, I get carried away. If it's too much I'll slow it down.

Starting with the rear and moving forward, I stripped everything from the motor back. But first thing is first. A work table!

Home sweet home:

Started by removing the rear wheel, brake linkages, battery and electronics box, etc.:

Cleaned up the frame - welds look good and it's powdercoated, so I just cleaned it up:

Thorough cleaning of the stock brake pedal linkages, and back on the bike:

Next to strip the battery and electronics box:

All stripped and sanded, ready for paint:

While the paint was drying, I made some new seat mounts and got the seat affixed back on the bike:

Battery box painted and back on the bike:

All three pieces back on the bike and ready to go:

That's it for now, I was going to put the wheel back on but the drum is completely shot and one of the shims is cracked (which nobody sells), so I'll have to find a replacement junk yard wheel and hub before it can go back on. I also sanded down the rear fender but haven't decided on paint yet, so that's staying off. But, everything else is back together so next I'll be moving to the motor.

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
Working...
;