Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Torch
    • Jul 2009

Speedfiend... I've never been much of a purple guy (thanks to that little fagot Prince) and I'm not a big BSA fan but that is one good looking purple BSA. Nice job!.
    Last edited by Torch; 04-07-2012, 9:14 AM.

Comment

• Speedfiend
      • Dec 2009

Thanks guys. Yeah, nobody loves the purple, 'cept my daughter. I've been thinking about painting it black. I don't know... I can't leave anything alone.

Comment

• starwolf
        • Apr 2024

...an alternative to black, .... Midnight Blue. Used to know a guy who had an old panel van(gutted out old ambulance) , it was Midnight Blue, though it looked black until your eye caught it in just the right light, then you realized it was blue, not black.

Comment

• signal9
          • Apr 2024

Back to the stacks, suppose there's some cool filter alternative to try? Throw a sock over the stack, or tie a bandana over them? Something new to be adopted, overdone and ultimately bashed here on the forum?

Comment

• robweeve
            • May 2018

" Also with the carbs pointing towards the rear of the bike when you are riding in high wind they don't get enough air. "

are you serious? LOL, if so then practically every bike with rear positioned airboxes/pod filters are starving for air. doesn't anyone around here monitor/edit statements like that?

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by robweeve
              " Also with the carbs pointing towards the rear of the bike when you are riding in high wind they don't get enough air. "

are you serious? LOL, if so then practically every bike with rear positioned airboxes/pod filters are starving for air. doesn't anyone around here monitor/edit statements like that?
              LOL So you believe that everything on the internet has to be true because it's on the internet??? WOW

Comment

• datadavid
                • Oct 2014

Strong cross winds are actually noticeable(barely) when running pods or stacks. Not so that it hurts the engine though. I put foam socks on my stacks just because i got a fresh top end on it. Runs slightly richer and looks ugly as fuck but works great.

Comment

• Tricky13
                  • Mar 2017

I have both on my T160 but then i have the room.

Comment

• hillcat
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by robweeve

No, we depend on people like yourself to correct. Not the Mods.
                    This is a very old post to be digging up. Maybe keep the corrections to more current posts.
                    I agree with your statement on "stern" mounted carbs.
                    That purple BSA will catch your eye.

Comment

• Nanonevol
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Torch
                      Speedfiend... I've never been much of a purple guy (thanks to that little fagot Prince) and I'm not a big BSA fan but that is one good looking purple BSA. Nice job!.
                      "little fagot" huh? Nice talk. Prince liked girls far as I know - what's that say about you? How many people bought your records?

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Nanonevol
                        "little fagot" huh? Nice talk. Prince liked girls far as I know - what's that say about you? How many people bought your records?
                        I have used often House of Kolor "Kandy Burple" which is a pretty amazing color and changes to a degree depending on lighting. From almost black to a Bright Bluish Purple. Had a shop customer tell me
                        "aint no way I will have fag purple on my bike!" But truth is, I sold a number of bikes with it, as well as shop customers picked it. Nobody complains and several said the color/paint job sold the bike.

Dodge makes a modern Challenger with a new updated version of their Plum Purple. Pretty bad ass car. While my favorite is the Orange and black layout I sure would have ZERO problems with a Purple Challenger. One sweet ride!

We are painting my wifes 69 Chevelle in Purple. Thats a given, but we are arguing about the rally stripes. I want a cream/alaskan white and she wants black rally stripes. I think she should defer to the painters expert opinion. (ME) She says "Do you want to keep living here?" so pretty much how thats going to work out. Unless you want your ass kicked by a girl, I wouldnt make fun of her Purple Chevelle.

Comment

• Nanonevol
                          • Feb 2017

Sure, it can be a good color. I never heard it was associated with a lifestyle. Sadly some people are still living in the Dark Ages or something. Now if you paint the bike in rainbows, you're making a statement!

Last edited by Nanonevol; 06-08-2018, 5:34 PM.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123
                            We are painting my wifes 69 Chevelle in Purple. Thats a given, but we are arguing about the rally stripes. I want a cream/alaskan white and she wants black rally stripes. I think she should defer to the painters expert opinion. (ME) She says "Do you want to keep living here?" so pretty much how thats going to work out. Unless you want your ass kicked by a girl, I wouldnt make fun of her Purple Chevelle.
                            Black vanishes and doesn't make the purple "pop" while showing every speck of dust, but as they say "you can be right, or you can be happy". Go for happy, shoot it black and avoid the asskicking.

Stacks vs. pods? Pods flow worse (there's good reason for the elaborate stock Jap airbox designs on their modern machines) but on a chopper who gives a fuck? It ain't a racer and pods are convenient for maintenance.

What velocity stacks do not do is stop backfires from igniting extra fuel which may result from flooding. I won't run them on the street but I'm ruthlessly practical. Putting out a couple of customer bikes reminded me why I roll like that. I keep a soaking wet t-shirt handy when tuning a bike with stacks. I've a fire extinguisher too of course but who wants to clean dry chem off an engine?

They don't stop dust and sand either but if you ride on clean paved roads that's no big deal.
                            Last edited by farmall; 06-08-2018, 6:07 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;