Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KickassSeaBass
    • Mar 2012

elmiguel13-Thanks for the tip on the no boat ignition, and thanks for the link for the push button, that goes on the starter/solenoid cover that is behind the exhaust correct? Do I need to remove the exhaust to get at it? Also, I will probly go with the whiskey throttle, but is there any way I can run the single cable as opposed to the push/pull cable? You mentioned getting the 2 cable whiskey "just in case" can I ask why? I figure if I am cleaning everything up, I may as well try and run as few cables as possible.

brach77- Thanks for the tip off on the throttle, I will go with the whiskey, any tips on how to convert my push/pull stock throttle to a single cable?

CanineMerc-Seriously thanks for the tip on wiring the kill switch together

ThePete-Thanks for your thoughts about soldering. I went to radio shack today and scoped everything out, seems I can get most of the parts and stuff I need for like $10-$20 bucks so thats sweet! Ya know I might take you up on some help. I am going out of town this weekend so I can't start work yet and besides I need to order the handle bars and throttle (though can't decide single or dual whiskey throttle) but maybe when I get the parts I could PM you about some help (a ride out to Murrietta sounds fun, plus cold beer and pizza). Also your kill switch ignition key looks awesome!!! Good luck on that garage by the way!

Well, I went to radio shack priced out soldering stuff, still need help deciding on whether to get a single or dual cable whiskey throttle, any ideas? I am running a stock throttle now what are the pros and cons (and labor) of running a single cable?

PS I am getting pretty stoked to start this bad boy up and have to say a big thanks to everyone for all their wisdom, knowledge and encouragement! You better believe when I start I will be taking pictures and posting them!

Comment

• brach77
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by KickassSeaBass
      elmiguel13-Thanks for the tip on the no boat ignition, and thanks for the link for the push button, that goes on the starter/solenoid cover that is behind the exhaust correct? Do I need to remove the exhaust to get at it? Also, I will probly go with the whiskey throttle, but is there any way I can run the single cable as opposed to the push/pull cable? You mentioned getting the 2 cable whiskey "just in case" can I ask why? I figure if I am cleaning everything up, I may as well try and run as few cables as possible.

brach77- Thanks for the tip off on the throttle, I will go with the whiskey, any tips on how to convert my push/pull stock throttle to a single cable?

CanineMerc-Seriously thanks for the tip on wiring the kill switch together

ThePete-Thanks for your thoughts about soldering. I went to radio shack today and scoped everything out, seems I can get most of the parts and stuff I need for like $10-$20 bucks so thats sweet! Ya know I might take you up on some help. I am going out of town this weekend so I can't start work yet and besides I need to order the handle bars and throttle (though can't decide single or dual whiskey throttle) but maybe when I get the parts I could PM you about some help (a ride out to Murrietta sounds fun, plus cold beer and pizza). Also your kill switch ignition key looks awesome!!! Good luck on that garage by the way!

Well, I went to radio shack priced out soldering stuff, still need help deciding on whether to get a single or dual cable whiskey throttle, any ideas? I am running a stock throttle now what are the pros and cons (and labor) of running a single cable?

PS I am getting pretty stoked to start this bad boy up and have to say a big thanks to everyone for all their wisdom, knowledge and encouragement! You better believe when I start I will be taking pictures and posting them!
      the whiskey comes in a single cable option and thats what I run. just remove the factory push cable and throw it out. If you want to retain you hand brake light you need a banjo pressure bolt switch. good luck and post pics of your progress. If your interested I have some pics in my profile of my finished set up.

Comment

• KickassSeaBass
        • Mar 2012

brach77-Oh ok, very cool, so I can run the single whiskey no problem. Silly question but why do some people run dual? Is there some advantage I am not aware of? Because the single is much much cleaner. I checked out your pics and it looks real clean and really good! By the way, are those the stock levers for clutch and brake/MC?

By the way I thought of some other wiring questions any thoughts on what gage wire I should be running, I think radio shack had like 18 AWG do I need thicker?

Also should I be using a 10 or 15 amp toggle switch? I found both and am not sure which I should be running for the high/low/off light switch.

Comment

• brach77
          • Oct 2011

dual is required for the bike to be sold to the public. the thought is if your stuck at WOT you can push it closed. I have never had this problem and the spring on the carb is more than enough to shut her close if the shit hits the fan. but if it really goes south just cut the power and coast it out.

http://www.wiringproducts.com/index.html I got all my toggles here. got them in marine grade and so far so good. I try to get the highest amp rating I can

the perches are all stock and have since been massaged to be even cleaner. the only thing I would change now is my MC for a smaller one. but for now Im very happy with my junk.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;