Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soaz
    • Oct 2009

The daily beatster. 78 Gs750

So this little fella was on craigslist and after having to sell my last bike after being unemployed for the better part of the last year I had to have something with two wheels and a motor!

Here is her story as I know it, if you care about that sort of thing.
    So there was a guy bidding on a storage unit site unseen. He put in his silent auction bid and actually one. He was only interested in the cargo container itself to use as a storage shed. He was stoked when he found a Chevy small block inside, but not so much when he saw an dusty greasy old jap bike in milk crates.
    He called his friend and asked if he was interested in a project. Being a bit of a bike addict he was happy to oblige. After getting a new title he decided it was worth rebuilding the motor and making her whole again. Once he saw she ran, he painted her up. After a while he became bored and put her up for sale.
    That's where I came in. This 4 Cylinder, 4 Carb, inline cylinder 8 valve fella was a bit of a racer in its day. 72 HP aint bad.
    She pulls strong, strong enough to get me into trouble.

Here she is. I was going to go cafe etc etc. After a freezing cold ride tonight where I couldn't wipe the smile from my face, I may just leave her alone in all her glory. We'll see.

For under $1000 the only other thing this fun... would only last a few minutes.
  • soca750
    • Nov 2009

id personally throw some drag bars on it but looks pretty clean just like it is. wouldnt blame you if you kept it that way

Comment

• MetalHeadFab
      • Aug 2009

The exhaust flanges are all rusted to hell.

Your better off just packing it back up and shipping it over here.

Comment

• Lbfam730
        • Nov 2009

Congrats. I think the Clubmans would look sharp. For under $1,000 I would have definitely picked it up also even if my wallet's thin these days.

Comment

• Rudehog
          • Aug 2009

Fuggit! chop it!

Comment

• soaz
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MetalHeadFab
            The exhaust flanges are all rusted to hell.

Your better off just packing it back up and shipping it over here.
            I'll start putting it back to milk crate form for shipping. HA!

I wonder if I'd have to shorten up all the cables if I went to clubmans. For now she stays stock, but we'll see.

Comment

• JayTucc
              • Oct 2009

That's a clean looking ripper you got there. Run 'er as is for now and then give it a good chop job.

Comment

• Brandon
                • Aug 2009

go to the home page and check out the two little words at the top of the page...CHOP CULT!!!!!!!!!!!! not stock cult...Cut it up. Stock is for bankers

Comment

• workingclass
                  • Aug 2009

SCORE!! nice ride, cut it, ride it stock, whatever, its yours have fun.

Comment

• soaz
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Brandon
                    go to the home page and check out the two little words at the top of the page...CHOP CULT!!!!!!!!!!!! not stock cult...Cut it up. Stock is for bankers
                    har har. It's not gay store bought chopper either, but I see plenty of those.

Comment

• Bozi
                      • Dec 2009

Ha, thats cool. I had a 78' GS1000 come to me, been in a barn, stored nice for 20 years, 4800 miles on it.
                      Your paint & tail are cooler then mine. But yeah, I fired it up, rode it around & was like, yes this is a keeper.

Did you yank the air box & add the filters, or was it like that when it came?
                      When removing airbox from these things with the CV carbs, they need tinkering I found. A lot. If it was like that when you got it & it runs right across the board, thats a big bonus.

The top picture is mine, the lower picture is what I want mine to Morph into while I sleep.

Comment

• soaz
                        • Oct 2009

The pods were on there it sounds good when I get up to higher RPM's. I can hear the air moving in.

After speaking at length with the seller I'm a bid leary to touch the carbs (Lets say because I put on some pipes or something). I have his bill where he spent quit a bit to have them cleaned out and rebuilt. Then he spent a long time trying to jet them and sync them up. Kind of a pain to get 4 cylinders to work together without a computer controlling everything.

It runs better than any old bike I've ridden. Unless she implodes tomorrow I'm loving her. Just a couple more days and I feel like I already got my monies worth out of her. Everything from there on out is gravy.

So, did you have to shorten cables to put those sharp looking bars on?

Comment

• born2boogie
                          • Apr 2024

Little trackers n new exhaust n yer done.

Comment

• soaz
                            • Oct 2009

Did a little new years morning ride out to a nice windy road.
                            Put some flat trackers on the bike.

Comment

• Brandon
                              • Aug 2009

Looks good with the new bars. I guess you decided to keep it stock. Thats cool its yours, just ride and enjoy. Keep an eye on those foam filters they start breaking down on the inside and get sucked into the motor. I had em on my cb and found ths insides rotted. Im going with the k&n air filters.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;