Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonesxl1100
    • Oct 2010

Rear wheel fitment on elswick hardtail on xs650

Anybody here rocking an elswick hardtail on their xs650? His have adjustment bolts on the axle plates eliminiating the stock adjusters. He provides a spacer which makes everything between the axle plates fit nicely. I'm not so sure on the outside of the axle plates though. Anybody have any pics of your setup? Looks like I may need another spacer made.
  • branded
    • Aug 2010

same here hardtail didn't come with any info

Comment

• bonesxl1100
      • Oct 2010

Yeah, i looked at an xs650 on his website and his axle looks like he is using a spacer on the nut side. Guess im gonna have to try and find one or have one made. He could have supplied one or at least inform me about it.

Comment

• branded
        • Aug 2010

i did get a little thin spacer with it i'm guessing its for the wheel but i have to spread the axle plats apart a little to get it in. i also had to ream out the axle plats because they where cut to small for the axle. i'm not too impressed with elswick or his hardtail but its on now so fuck it.

Comment

• bonesxl1100
          • Oct 2010

Yeah so did I. But its for the inside between the axle plates. The one he made and the stock spacer makes the wheel fit nice on mine. I gotta come up with a space for the outside though. Something to go over the threads where they meet the taper.

Comment

• bonesxl1100
            • Oct 2010

Here is the right side. you can see the original wheel spacer in there.
            IMG_0948

and here is the left side. you can see the spacer on the inside that elswick provided with his hard tail. Looks like Im gonna need one on the outside too as the nut wont be able to tighten up against the plate.
            IMG_0949

what do you guys think? Should I be ok with another spacer there? Looks like I can get away with the same size as the one elswick provided me. 1' OD, 13/16" ID and 1/2' long. Any fab guys out there that can make me one?

Comment

• branded
              • Aug 2010

could use a stack of washers to get you buy

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                • Oct 2010

It's nowhere near getting on the road so I have time to just have a spacer made. I'll post in the main forum. Thanks

Comment

• speakerboxxer02
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bonesxl1100
                  Anybody here rocking an elswick hardtail on their xs650? His have adjustment bolts on the axle plates eliminiating the stock adjusters. He provides a spacer which makes everything between the axle plates fit nicely. I'm not so sure on the outside of the axle plates though. Anybody have any pics of your setup? Looks like I may need another spacer made.

Hey Bones.. I think both of those spacers that Elswicks provided you with go on the outside of the axle plates. You're supposed to use only your stock spacers on the inside of the Axle plates. When you tighten down on the nut it presses the axle plates in filling in that gap you had. Now if you cant tighten the nut down far enough because you need another spacer, then add it to the outside of the axle plates. The bike on my profile pic has this same Elswickcycles hardtail setup and I only have my stock spacers inside the axle plates. I'll try to take a pic to show you what mine looks like tonight.
                  Last edited by speakerboxxer02; 03-28-2012, 1:00 PM. Reason: better info

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by speakerboxxer02
                    Hey Bones.. I think both of those spacers that Elswicks provided you with go on the outside of the axle plates. You're supposed to use only your stock spacers on the inside of the Axle plates. When you tighten down on the nut it presses the axle plates in filling in that gap you had. Now if you cant tighten the nut down far enough because you need another spacer, then add it to the outside of the axle plates. The bike on my profile pic has this same Elswickcycles hardtail setup and I only have my stock spacers inside the axle plates. I'll try to take a pic to show you what mine looks like tonight.
                    Yeah if you could provide a pic that would be awesome. I only got one spacer from elswick. That's the one you see in the left. The one on the right is the original spacer. I took this apart a couple years ago so are you saying I should have another stock spacer like the one i have on the right? I feel like an idiot because of this. Haha

Comment

• Bloodhound
                      • Aug 2009

I don't have that hardtail but I just had someone with a lathe make me 1/4 spacers on both sides of the axle.

Comment

• BrandonThePleb
                        • Feb 2011

bones i've had 2 frames done with elswick before. those spacers(2) that should have came with the frame go on the outside so you can still use the stock axle. you should still be able to use your stock spacers in between the frame.

Comment

• purerockfury
                          • Mar 2011

i don't have an elswick but pretty much the same set up, i used two washers on the inside one each axle plate then on the outside i made two spacers (same thing but on the outside of each axle plate) out of 1/2 plate to take up the space because the axle is to long...

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
                          Last edited by purerockfury; 03-29-2012, 8:38 PM.

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BrandonThePleb
                            bones i've had 2 frames done with elswick before. those spacers(2) that should have came with the frame go on the outside so you can still use the stock axle. you should still be able to use your stock spacers in between the frame.
                            Thats the thing, i only got one spacer from elswick. He didnt send me 2 with the frame. So i only have the one from him shown on the left and the one stock one shown on the right in the pictures. Unless youre talking about the stock chain adjusters that also act as spacers on the original swingarm, Im thinking I need another spacer made. So am I wrong to do it like this...........

from left to right
                            castle nut-spacer-axle plate-spacer- (hub) -stock spacer-axle plate-axle head

can any of you elswick hardtail owners post a pic of your setup? A pic is worth a thousand birds in a bush or some shit like that.

thanks all

Comment

• bonesxl1100
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by purerockfury
                              i don't have an elswick but pretty much the same set up, i used two washers on the inside one each axle plate then on the outside i made two spacers (same thing but on the outside of each axle plate) out of 1/2 plate to take up the space because the axle is to long...

Yeah thats pretty much what im thinking I need to do. So you have a 1/2 spacer between the head of the axle and outside of the axle plate too? Thanks for the pics

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;