X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2stroketim
    • Jan 2012

This is some pretty heavy shit man.
    Organized religion - whew. More people have been killed in the name of Christ than can be counted.
    To me, you don't really need to bible thump to be a Christian. You don't even really need to go to church; and, so some extent, I think, you don't even really need to believe that Christ is the savior.

There are those of you here that on one hand are saying "Fuck Christians" as an all encompassing thought. That being said, even those of you with the 666 tattoos probably act more "Christian" than you think you do. (I know, it may hurt to hear that haha)

Being a Christian is not determined by how well you have memorized the bible. People need to ask themselves some basic questions before stating the Friedrich Nietzsche quote "God is Dead." God may be dead; but the basic principles of his religion live on, very strongly I may add. It is evident even here in CC. One could even say that the basic tenet of this site is Christian - in that there are like minded individuals gathering to share experiences and knowledge to make us better. (Better bike builders, but the rationale is there.)

A vast majority here, I would consider Christian based on their actions within this small website

We help each other when needed. (Christian principle.)

If I was broke down in northern CA, I know I would be able to count on my man Hooligan to help me out if he could. (Christian principle)

We all read posts/comments here that we don't agree with. A lot of the time, instead of being a douche bag and typing something that is kinda asshole-ish, we don't say anything at all. (Christian principle.)

Your actions determine if you are a Christian. Reading the bible does not make you a Christian, your actions do.

Many of you here need to really do some deep introspection, and realize that your problem is not Christianity itself, nor its basic tenets of (basically) being a good person. Your issue is the bible thumpers and religious, holier than thou, hypocrites. Your issue is with ORGANIZED religion, and I get that.

So, before you just say flat out "Christians are bible thumping assholes," really think about your day to day actions. Do you hold the door open for someone? Are you teaching your kids to be good people? Would you stop to help someone with a flat tire? If my chain broke while we were riding, and you had an extra master link would you let me have it? Do you have an ounce of compassion for those that are less fortunate than you are? I would venture to guess that even you guys that are from the fuck jesus camp will answer yes to those questions....

Comment

• Hooligan80
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by TheLawWon
      So, Satan is NOT part of religion? Where did 666 come from? Maybe the Bible?
      Satan was a word that translated to "The Opposer" in the old testament, which meant anyone who opposed the teachings of Christ or the belief of one supreme God. It had nothing to do with being a deity. Study your beliefs before you pass judgement on others. Satan did not become an actual figure until the New Testament, which proves the bible is bullshit. I fucking hate religion because that's what it is, mindless bullshit for the weak herd. I've seen more crooked shit in churches than I have in alleys in the ghetto. Drug deals, tax fraud, prostitution, child molestation, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, adultery, etc. All this shit that your bibles preach against has gone on in your own churches. A book of bullshit followed by hypocrites. I think religious talks should be banned from any forum except religious forums aside for the occasional "Send your prayers" or prayers needed thread for someone.

Comment

• Hooligan80
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 2stroketim
        This is some pretty heavy shit man.
        Organized religion - whew. More people have been killed in the name of Christ than can be counted.
        To me, you don't really need to bible thump to be a Christian. You don't even really need to go to church; and, so some extent, I think, you don't even really need to believe that Christ is the savior.

There are those of you here that on one hand are saying "Fuck Christians" as an all encompassing thought. That being said, even those of you with the 666 tattoos probably act more "Christian" than you think you do. (I know, it may hurt to hear that haha)

Being a Christian is not determined by how well you have memorized the bible. People need to ask themselves some basic questions before stating the Friedrich Nietzsche quote "God is Dead." God may be dead; but the basic principles of his religion live on, very strongly I may add. It is evident even here in CC. One could even say that the basic tenet of this site is Christian - in that there are like minded individuals gathering to share experiences and knowledge to make us better. (Better bike builders, but the rationale is there.)

A vast majority here, I would consider Christian based on their actions within this small website

We help each other when needed. (Christian principle.)

If I was broke down in northern CA, I know I would be able to count on my man Hooligan to help me out if he could. (Christian principle)

We all read posts/comments here that we don't agree with. A lot of the time, instead of being a douche bag and typing something that is kinda asshole-ish, we don't say anything at all. (Christian principle.)

Your actions determine if you are a Christian. Reading the bible does not make you a Christian, your actions do.

Many of you here need to really do some deep introspection, and realize that your problem is not Christianity itself, nor its basic tenets of (basically) being a good person. Your issue is the bible thumpers and religious, holier than thou, hypocrites. Your issue is with ORGANIZED religion, and I get that.

So, before you just say flat out "Christians are bible thumping assholes," really think about your day to day actions. Do you hold the door open for someone? Are you teaching your kids to be good people? Would you stop to help someone with a flat tire? If my chain broke while we were riding, and you had an extra master link would you let me have it? Do you have an ounce of compassion for those that are less fortunate than you are? I would venture to guess that even you guys that are from the fuck jesus camp will answer yes to those questions....
        Tim, none of that has to do with Christian principles, it's called common decency and common knowledge of right and wrong and being intelligent. You don't need some religion to teach you that. Would I help someone in need? Yes. Why? Because in my head, I would help someone because it;'s the right thing to do. I don't need a bible or a religion or a god to teach me that it's common decency and common courtesy to help your fellow man when they are in need. That's why I label myself as a LaVeyan Satanist, because it's a para-religion, a belief that parodies other religions, and it's based around philosophies, not as Godhead. There is no God, you are your own God, you choose your own path. I realized there was no God when I watched my grandmother deteriorate through a 4 year fight with Parkinsons Disease, and die a slow, cruel, and sometimes outright humiliating death. She was a devout Christian her whole life, and that's how she was repaid by GOD? Yeah, if there was a God, he wouldn't have made her suffer like that.

Comment

• Hooligan80
          • Jul 2010

By the way, if no one ever bropught up their religious beliefs, then a lot of people would have never died over those stupid beliefs. No Muslim Exteremist to attack Christian America, No Catholic versus Protestan wars in Ireland, No Christian Crusades which lead to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands. No slaughter of native tribes that refused to convert to Christian beliefs, etc. etc. etc. Once again, fuck religion.

Comment

• 2stroketim
            • Jan 2012

You have good points Hooli - I was trying to get across the basic ideals of Christianity, kinda playing "devils advocate."
            My personal opinion is more like - dude - a God sitting on a throne? Really? Some dude rising from the grave. Really? Dude killing his own family to prove a point. Really? Vengeful wrath for the non-believers. Really? Pestilence and starvation. Fuck me that shit sucks.

I haven't been to church in 15 years. I know the bible was written by the only people that COULD write, and; it was written as a way to control the masses. Before we were smart enough to have a God/jesus, we worshiped the fuckin sun. I get all of that. Creationism is FUNNY.

My point is, I guess, that you don't need to be labeled a Christian to act like one is supposed to. Notice I said "supposed to."

Comment

• Hooligan80
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 2stroketim
              You have good points Hooli - I was trying to get across the basic ideals of Christianity, kinda playing "devils advocate."
              My personal opinion is more like - dude - a God sitting on a throne? Really? Some dude rising from the grave. Really? Dude killing his own family to prove a point. Really? Vengeful wrath for the non-believers. Really? Pestilence and starvation. Fuck me that shit sucks.

I haven't been to church in 15 years. I know the bible was written by the only people that COULD write, and; it was written as a way to control the masses. Before we were smart enough to have a God/jesus, we worshiped the fuckin sun. I get all of that. Creationism is FUNNY.

My point is, I guess, that you don't need to be labeled a Christian to act like one is supposed to. Notice I said "supposed to."
              I'm finally glad someone else gets it. I went to church for years, up until I was 25, then one day it hit me like a Mack fucking Truck, it's all bullshit.

Comment

• 2stroketim
                • Jan 2012

My family was not ever super religious, and I started questioning this shit at a pretty early age. My grandfather always had this really cool library and there were literally thousands of books. So I read a lot of them. I always thought is was interesting for a Christian to say to a Muslim, "You don't believe what I do, so your going to hell." It's like, dude, who makes you right?

Religion was created by man, to give some sort of answer for the fear of the unknown. Norse religion is super interesting to me, but again, created for fear of the unknown.

It's the people that feel they are above others that give Christianity a bad rap. That and the millions of deaths in the name of god.

Comment

• dazegoneby
                  • Apr 2024

In the end do we go to the mystical place ?do we have anything more, than the life we live day to day ?seems people want you to think yes, follow the rules and you win the prize.My prize in this life is what i ride and how i live .cause regardless in the end, you dont get to take the bike with you to cruise the skys .as far as whos better off, being this way or that .it is on each of our heads to do what you feel is RIGHT.summing it all up in a nut shell,enjoy this life, Cause when i almost died ,all i saw was blackness not a neon sign at peters gate.seems that we are sheep in a field .the thing is which gate to go thru,when the gate is finaly opened.religon is a way to cope with the insanity that is daily life.help those that need it, judge who you may .when the clock stops, then you can finaly see, if all that is real or just a bunch of man made b/s.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2012, 7:08 AM.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by xllance
                    Nice post ! The problem is not with religion, it's with people. I really don't consider myself "religious". I just believe in my savior.........Jesus Christ and that he died for me.....I really don't like posting stuff like this on CC but I can't read all the "Fuck Christians" posts and just leave it at that. I would never put down someone for what they believe. Want to know what I believe? Ask me. I won't beat you on the head with the Bible. And NH Mike, you're an ok dude seems to me but going with way of the world is weak. It takes a very strong person to live like a Christian, which I struggle with all the time. That's the point of it all. We are weak and fall short. All of us.
                    Yep! My dad used to say about being a man AND being a Christian. "Its about always doing the right thing no matter what it costs you." I try to live my life that way. TRY. Its all I can do. Dont make me perfect. It dont make me look down my nose at others.

But people against Christianity look down thier nose at me. Say I'm weak or stupid or whatever.

If you dont care about Christianity .......well then dont say anything about it.

I dont care about Lacrosse ..........and thats the first time I've ever typed that word. hopefully the last.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Saltytonk
                      Yep! My dad used to say about being a man AND being a Christian. "Its about always doing the right thing no matter what it costs you." I try to live my life that way. TRY. Its all I can do. Dont make me perfect. It dont make me look down my nose at others.

But people against Christianity look down thier nose at me. Say I'm weak or stupid or whatever.

If you dont care about Christianity .......well then dont say anything about it.

I dont care about Lacrosse ..........and thats the first time I've ever typed that word. hopefully the last.
                      Look, I don't look down on anyone if they are Christian, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, etc. I just don't need someone preaching to me, or telling me that because I don't believe in their God or their savior, I'm going to go to some place where my soul will burn for eternity. Get it?

Comment

• Saltytonk
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                        Look, I don't look down on anyone if they are Christian, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, etc. I just don't need someone preaching to me, or telling me that because I don't believe in their God or their savior, I'm going to go to some place where my soul will burn for eternity. Get it?
                        Ok. Did someone do that here? I didnt see it in this thread.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                          • Jul 2010

Yup, the minute someone said "Fuck religion", which is a general statement, meaning all religions, not just pertaining to one. I see this place like a bar, you never talk about religion in a bar. Save that shit for church and AA meetings.

Comment

• BillyT
                            • Dec 2010

Came in the junk pile to look at naked chicks... And got sucked into this thread again... God dammit...

Comment

• Saltytonk
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                              Yup, the minute someone said "Fuck religion", which is a general statement, meaning all religions, not just pertaining to one. I see this place like a bar, you never talk about religion in a bar. Save that shit for church and AA meetings.
                              ok I'm sorry ....but I dont understand how someone saying that is refering to you going to hell for not believeing in God. I dont make the connection.

I also believe in a document that gives me freedom of speach. That means we are free to speak whatever we want ..........where ever we want.

For the record I'm not intending to offend you or argue. I was merely takeing a stand to defend my beliefs ........not oppress others with them.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                                • Jul 2010

I really don't give a fuck about hurting people's feelings or being inconsiderate toward people who call themselves christians. I've met enough you those types to know that it's all fucking bullshit and I personally can't stand them. I man up to all my mistakes. I also take all the credit for everything I accomplish. I will not use religion as an excuse for my shortcomings. Nor will I give credit to some "guy in the sky" for the shit that I conquer with my own willpower and intelligence. I will say FUCK RELIGION and stand by it. I will not stand by while christianity continues to be a safe haven for hypocrites and pedophiles to prey on the weak. Children are taught that church is good and god will protect them and then they are molested in the one place they are told is safe. The church takes from the poor by guilting them into thinking if they don't give %15 of their check like the person next to them does then they don't love god as much. It's all a big fucking scam. RIP George Carlin

Photobucket

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;