CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default D-Bags Say the Darndest Things

Ok a few days ago before this bitter cold hit and you could actually stand being outside I rolled the Bottomfeeder out of the garage because I thought i got some of the shit worked out and I wanted to kick on it a minute. As i was doing that a middle aged man in a pickup covered in "chrome" Harley stickers drove past, stopped, and reversed back to me and watched me for a moment and said. "why you even bothering with that ugly piece of shit? Looks like you got a nice one in there" I just told him I liked building them and making my own and he just kinda chuckled there. As i tried to figure out why my XS wouldn't turn over he seriously parked in the middle of the street watching me and laughing for a good ten minutes. saying things like. "fuck'n rice burners" and "Where's them rear shocks for that thing?" finally he just drove off after he figured out he wasn't going to get a rise out of me. This is just one of the many of these encounters i'm sure are yet to come with this bike in this area.

i was just wondering whats some of the most amusing comments/stories you guys have gotten about your scoots from people who don't quite appreciate these death traps we love some much?

Get Adobe Flash player

i always get " man i love those old bikes"

Get Adobe Flash player

hahahh circa nineteen ninety something?

Get Adobe Flash player

My one conversation with a typical harley guy....
    --Typical Harley guy "Hey check that out you have a hand shifter.............. where the hell is your clutch????"
    Me "Right there where you would normally shift it"
    --Typical Harley guy with utterly confused look on his face ".................................................. .............. why the hell would you do that????" more utter confusion look
    Me " Cause its fun"
    --Typical Harley guy " that thing looks dangerous as shit" walks away still looking confused

Get Adobe Flash player

i like yer scoot bean! i like "old" bikes too

Get Adobe Flash player

had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
    harley guy with a puzzled look:"what kind of bike is that"
    me: " its a 99 sportster chopper"
    harley guy:" Really?"
    me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"
    harley guy:" wow thats cool!"

fun times

Get Adobe Flash player

I have friends who ride dressers and billet barge couch-on-wheels baggers who call my bike a "tinkertoy" and a girl's bike and that sort of shit. I let it roll off my back 'cause they're my buds, but there are other dudes out there who think the same things.
    For a lot of those guys, riding is either an expensive weekend or once-a-month hobby to alleviate their male menopause, or else they were badass when they were younger but can't ride hardtails now because they're too old.
    I was on my Yamaha once and a total stranger riding by on a bicycle told me to "get a Harley." I was so confused I almost forgot to tell him to get fucked.

Get Adobe Flash player

oh dude to many to state...I ride a rebel well not just the Rebel but thats my chop tho and mostly its justified but I get crazy stuff like that looks so good why would spend so much time on a rebel if you could make another bike look that cool...and the many typical racial jap slurs...

Get Adobe Flash player

i was up at the local watering hole one time and i was about ready to leave and i saw two guys looking at my bike. so i thought what the fuck might as well join the conversation. (my bike is the one i purchased from rudehog, raw tank and fenders no front brake and a jockey shift.) When i walked up this is what i heard.

D-bag #1 said to D-bag #2: wow this is a nice bike but i still looks like he is working on it.
    D-bag #2 to D-bag#1 : well why do you say that?
    D-bag #1: well he has no clutch lever, no front brake and he hasn't even painted it. So he must have driven it up here in a truck to show it off..
    At this time i have heard about enough and i walk over pick up my helmet that was right next to the bike and told the to D-bags to have a nice day and by the way i ride my shit often Bitch.

Get Adobe Flash player

my dad has a Yamaha rolling couch and gives me crap for owning a harley. so it does go both ways.

Get Adobe Flash player

After the cop pulled me over doing almost 90 at 3:00 am he asked how I could even trust that bike to go that fast. I told him I trusted it to 120. Complete lie since my 71 cb750 was no way going to hit 120.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pulled into an outdoor mall once and parked near a pair of identical billet-barge "choppers". As I'm locking my bike up, one of the D-bags who rides them walks up and says something along the lines of "Don't bother. No one is going to steal a girls bike." I just shrugged and went about my business. Funny thing was that as I'm coming out I spotted some 12 year old kid steal one of their Nazi pudding bowl helmets. I wish I had stuck around to see the D-bag's reaction.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BFJosh View Post
    had my triumph at california bike week last year and the conversation went like this
    harley guy with a puzzled look:"what kind of bike is that"
    me: " its a 99 sportster chopper"
    harley guy:" Really?"
    me:"yea well its modified we shaved the front cylinder down and capped it to cut down on weight then gave the single cylinder two plugs were thinking of taking it to bonneville to beat some speed records"
    harley guy:" wow thats cool!"

fun times
    Hahahahahahaha thats funny shit. Fuck people. I ride a sporty and get people telling me I ride a girls bike all day long. A guy I know who has a pan thats not to bad looking was giving me shit about riding what he called a piglet so I told him thats cool cause my girl bikes gonna pass you. He told me at his age he's not about going fast but looking cool, so I said what about when I'm done with my bike and it's faster and looks cooler. I didnt get an answer from him.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by beanhead78 View Post
    i always get " man i love those old bikes"
    not to thread-jack but what hardtail is that beanhead?

Get Adobe Flash player

It's a dumb story, but this one time I was stopped at a traffic light and I hear these two dudes in a pickup truck next to me talkin about my bike (cb750) and the guy in the passenger seat says to his buddy "damn....how old do ya think that thing is?" The driver says "thats one of them panheads from the sixties"

i chuckled hehe

Despite the d-bags that say something dumb, I've been fortunate enough to meet a bunch of cool dudes that know exactly what they're talkin about. like when someone says "Nice chop....sohc cb750 right?"...that puts a smile on my face

Get Adobe Flash player

I get it two ways, either people as questions like "how do you ride that", "What kind of bike is that", "how far can you ride that" or I get old guys who tell me about the bike they had that looked like it when they got back from Nam (which lead to awesome conversations about bikes and old times).

I've never had anyone give me shit about it being a Sportster, but then again, I get a lot of "What kind of bike is that?" even from the Harley crowd.

My buddy has an XS 650 Chop that gets more attention from people when we ride together than my Harley. Most people don't really know what to think of them because there arent too many like them in our area.

I have another one of those "old bikes"

Get Adobe Flash player

Not about bikes but...

Here in belgium, american cars were often seen till the mid-seventies.
    After the fuelcrisis almost all of them disappeared.
    Ten years back i found a '74 four-door pontiac lemans heap of junk, and the reactions i got on that car are all in the line of this thread.
    From 'i had a cadillac just like that' to 'i love the sound of that big V8' (when it actually was an in-line six). Even heard 'is that a pontiac camaro?'...

Get Adobe Flash player

and why the fuck do they feel they HAVE to say something at the gas pump? All I want to do at a gas station is fill the fuck up and be pissed about gas prices

I can see as Im pullin into the station their just dyin for ya to cut the motor so they can start yappin "oh my blah blah had one of those old blah blah blah Awesome that your still riding your blah blah what year is that one man?

uh, its a 2007

silence.................

Thanks for playing 'Im a douchbag' see ya real soon!

Get Adobe Flash player

I pulled into an auto parts store one day on a friend of mine's bike. It's a big old long Redneck Engineering thing, probably 12 feet long. This guy jumps out of his truck and says, "that' nice, is that one of them bobbers?" I said, uh, yeah I think so.

Get Adobe Flash player

oh oh oh! I just remembered one! IT was a week or two after of bought my 2009 Iron 883 off the show room floor.I pull into the gas station on a BRAND NEW BONE STOCK bike. and some guy walks around from the other side of the pump stares at my Iron a minute and then says "Man I love these old bikes, How much did it cost to restore it?" I laughed my ass of and said "haha old? its fresh from Milwaulkee!" and started up the "Old" Electronic fuel pump for my "OLD" EFI and tore out of there.

Share This