Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mhormell
    • Mar 2012

wants to invert my front end, need advice please help

ok so i have a 1995 yamaha virago xv 1100, im strongly considering converting my front end to inverted, i did some research and found that the

2009 gsxr 1000 also has a 32 degree rake and 129mm trail
    my only concern is fork length..

they seem alot shorter in length so im just curious how much its going to lower my front end?? my rear tail is lowered 2 inches, ?

just need some feed back heres a pic of my bike now
  • richfrazier
    • Nov 2010

i loking at a shitload of work to put the gxr front forks on. basically everything from the neck forward...new trees..forks..fender...brakes..wheel..be caffull buying used sportbike front ends..they take a pounding from wheelies and stopies.

Comment

• hawtpocket
      • Jan 2011

in short. pretty much any modern inverted front end will not be long enough. you should be able to make it work if you put the stock springs back.

viragotechforum.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viragotechforum.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• mhormell
        • Mar 2012

ya i know it requires the entire front end, im cool with that, and thanks for the link, that exactly what i needed to see, i love the invert look on that virago, i found a local shop that does front end swaps on any bike, im gonna give them a call and see what they charge

Comment

• ibuiltmine
          • Jun 2010

have you looked up bearing sizes and stuff between the two? I just put a TL1000 front end on my sporty, not too big a deal. I just had a new stem make in the size and shape of the sporty stem, then had it pressed into the gsxr lower tree.
          the biggest thing is the difference between how the top tree clamps. on a sport bike there is a retaining nut unter the tree that holds the stem in. Im not sure if your virago has this style, or a pinch bolt like a harley?

Comment

• mhormell
            • Mar 2012

ya on the virago its 2 retaining nuts, wont be problem

Comment

• hawtpocket
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mhormell
              ya i know it requires the entire front end, im cool with that, and thanks for the link, that exactly what i needed to see, i love the invert look on that virago, i found a local shop that does front end swaps on any bike, im gonna give them a call and see what they charge
              classified moto does a triple tree service, so if you already have a front end you want to use all you need to do is send it to them, ( and pay bucks$$$) they do all the jazz to make it fit and then send it back.

Comment

• mhormell
                • Mar 2012

Nah I just need to do some research, I can swap neck races and tree bearings my self, just need to find out if the tree length will work without modification

Comment

• hawtpocket
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by mhormell
                  Nah I just need to do some research, I can swap neck races and tree bearings my self, just need to find out if the tree length will work without modification
                  I believe I read they had to modify the trees themselves, though i don't what or to what extent

Comment

• mhormell
                    • Mar 2012

ya i read the fourm someone posted earlier on virago tech, the classified moto guy did the gsxr front end on this dudes virago, but he didnt really ave any information on what exactly they did to make it work... i know i can get the front end to fit, any front end can be made to fit any bike, thats the easy part, its just the change in geometry that im worried about, i know its going to lower my front end alot, which im cool with, but i can take my bike to 135mph and let go of the bars and its as smooth as butter right now, and i dont really want to loose that stability, but im willing to

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;