Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TyroninFXR
    • Sep 2011

88? Whatt pwer

Actually isn't the success rate much higher for people that taper off vs people that quit cold turkey. Let's not forget I broke myself in half about 17 months ago. I'm not trying to go thru full withdrawals and all my daily pain at the same time, I'm tough as fuck but not stupid. The hard part is gonna being staying clean when I know every street hookup around this town, been husslin here for 15 years. When I think of my 3 homies that lost their life to opiates in the last 4 years, it gives me the determination to stay off the dirty dragon.

Comment

• motorsurf54
      • Jul 2011

Good luck man. It wont be easy but just gotta suck it up and get where you need to be.

Comment

• AROK
        • Dec 2011

Good luck, and good job trying to quit dude.

Also, if you're in a 4:20 friendly state, you might want to consider going after your green card!

Comment

• AROK
          • Dec 2011

For whatever injury you were using opiates for, you can get a pot prescription no problem. That's the way it works in Washington, anyway.

Comment

• dartcustom420
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by AROK
            For whatever injury you were using opiates for, you can get a pot prescription no problem. That's the way it works in Washington, anyway.
            +1 No injury and $50 later I got my card here in Cali. Good luck dude.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
              • Sep 2010

Tyronin.....you can do this!! I've never been hooked on pills, but used to get black out drunk 4-5 nights a week! My wife is an RN, and actually read your post, and started telling me stories about "drug seekers" that come in to the hospital just fuckin tweaking!!! The worst was a young guy, 27 yrs old who fell off a roof and broke both his arms, 2years later, his girlfriend is cookin shit for hi, and helping him shoot it because "that's the only way he could feel it anymore" he had nothing, and he was stealing birthday card gift money from his 4 year old son. By chance I met the guy, and he's been 2 yrs clean, in fuckin great shape, and has a great job....he said rock bottom was mind numbing, was destroying his body, and claims he feels like he's 18 again. Hope this story helps ya...I know it opened my eyes! I've had several injuries in the last few years, and couldn't believe how easy drs like to hand this shit out!! Good luck takin your life back!

Comment

• crush1776
                • May 2011

Motorcycles...

Comment

• Hooligan80
                  • Jul 2010

This is another thread I can oddly chime in on. I've been clean from every drug and no addictions except cigarettes. Got clean from Speed, Coke, Weed, Acid, Shrooms, Pills, and all other kinds of shit by the time I was 16, went cold turkey. Only drugs I never tried or had the urge to try were Heroin, Crack or PCP. I've had to use pain pills before (I've broken over 40 bones in my body, including multiple fractures in my skull when I was in a bad accident when I was 13), and at one point I got addicted to Norco and Soma cocktails, but I pout an end to that too. Now, at 32, I rarely drink, and I don't touch any drugs unless it's a prescribed medication and it's absolutely necessary.
                  So far, I take Ibuprofen for the occasional headache I get, but haven't touched anything, and I went cold turkey. Hell, I can be around all of it, and I won't even get an urge.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Acosi151
                    Good for you man. Don't discount going to your doctor and explaining what you're up to and why. There's drugs like Naltrexone that can help

So replace a drug with a drug? Isn't that kind of counter productive? That's like replacing heroin with Oxycontin... Basically the same shit and just as addictive and just as deadly.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by AROK
                      Good luck, and good job trying to quit dude.

Also, if you're in a 4:20 friendly state, you might want to consider going after your green card!
                      Oh I got that handled, me and my boys keep the clubs stocked

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by coldsmokejr
                        Tyronin.....you can do this!! I've never been hooked on pills, but used to get black out drunk 4-5 nights a week! My wife is an RN, and actually read your post, and started telling me stories about "drug seekers" that come in to the hospital just fuckin tweaking!!! The worst was a young guy, 27 yrs old who fell off a roof and broke both his arms, 2years later, his girlfriend is cookin shit for hi, and helping him shoot it because "that's the only way he could feel it anymore" he had nothing, and he was stealing birthday card gift money from his 4 year old son. By chance I met the guy, and he's been 2 yrs clean, in fuckin great shape, and has a great job....he said rock bottom was mind numbing, was destroying his body, and claims he feels like he's 18 again. Hope this story helps ya...I know it opened my eyes! I've had several injuries in the last few years, and couldn't believe how easy drs like to hand this shit out!! Good luck takin your life back!
                        I've hit rock bottom 3 times now, third times a charm, finally saw the light, literally I was in ICU with a traumatic brain injury. I need to write a book before I die, I literally lived the "live fast die young" life, I wanted to die, but I kept getting lucky and surviving by the skin of my teeth. My awesome wife of 10 years put up with all of it and stuck by my side, now it's time to quit being a cyco, but it's hard, regular life is so dull compared to getting wasted every night and getting in huge brawls every weekend. I have to replace that rush with riding my FXR and I'll be aight.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                          • Sep 2011

Exactly!!

Originally posted by crush1776
                          Motorcycles...

Oi!

Comment

• TyroninFXR
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                            This is another thread I can oddly chime in on. I've been clean from every drug and no addictions except cigarettes. Got clean from Speed, Coke, Weed, Acid, Shrooms, Pills, and all other kinds of shit by the time I was 16, went cold turkey. Only drugs I never tried or had the urge to try were Heroin, Crack or PCP. I've had to use pain pills before (I've broken over 40 bones in my body, including multiple fractures in my skull when I was in a bad accident when I was 13), and at one point I got addicted to Norco and Soma cocktails, but I pout an end to that too. Now, at 32, I rarely drink, and I don't touch any drugs unless it's a prescribed medication and it's absolutely necessary.
                            So far, I take Ibuprofen for the occasional headache I get, but haven't touched anything, and I went cold turkey. Hell, I can be around all of it, and I won't even get an urge.
                            Sounds like me and you are peas in a pod, i quit heroin and crack cold turkey, while in the Manheim army brig in germany. I saw more crime in the barracks of the 3rd ID than i do on the streets. We used to hustle H and rock to the GI's, nobody parties like GI's. And hash from Amsterdam, rent a bmw and make a 3 day weekend out of it, sold E in Berlin, oh man, all this shit by 20 yrs old.

Comment

• r2d2u2
                              • Feb 2010

Hey Man, Speaking from experience... Yeah,been there done that...
                              After you manage to get through the physical shit, (the easy part) you might wanna take a look at the First Three Steps, and go from there. The drugs ain't the problem they work, it's what's causing you to take 'em that's the problem.You got a few things to work through man,I'm sure you're aware from past experience it ain't gonna be easy,but your moving in the right direction...Stay with it

Comment

• LEGACYTATTOO701
                                • Apr 2024

Best of luck bro!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;