Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HotSnotRocket

I'll give credit where it's due. I'm not a Varago... whatever hater. I just struggle with some of the new "foreign" made scoots selling for more than you can buy American with. (I'm trying hard.) I see tons of foreign V-Twins for sale on CL. I also see tons of Low Priced American Made Bikes.

I've seen some really nice Bobbers that many of you have built and you've done better than the factory in most cases or I like them better! I owned a truck load of "foreign" bikes before I bought my first American bike. (and that was when the American made bikes were Crap.)

It's all Good. The blue bike will look pretty cool when it's finished.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

nice bike
    I have a virago 535, is not finished yet

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Love the Virago

I have a 77cb 750F. I also have a 83 Kawi Spectre 750. I ride my 82 Yamaha Virago xv920. I rebuilt the Virago a year ago. My next door neighbor had it in his barn for 10 years. One day he said he was going to haul it off to the dump. I asked what was wrong and he didn't know. I found out the bearings where shot. I replaced the bearings the crank and new pistons. I have about 5000 miles on it now and I love it here are some pictures. I rode it stock for a while. I replaced the dash and the head light. I also have a single carb manifold with a mikuni 42mm flat slide. She runs great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vacation 009.jpg   vacation 010.jpg   vacation 006.jpg   vacation 012.jpg  

Deadweight

I hard-tailed a Virago ONCE. I have a strong appreciation for yer ride. Nice job.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Deadweight View Post
    I hard-tailed a Virago ONCE. I have a strong appreciation for yer ride. Nice job.
    how did the hard tail turn out? im doing struts pretty soon and inverted 08 gsxr 1000 front end on it, just curious if i should leave my burley lowers 10 1/2 shocks or just hard tail it with my 10in struts, any thoughts??

Get Adobe Flash player

Video of my bike running at idle, can't rev it, my phones Mic can't handle it lol

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150617788086769

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mhormell View Post
    you really dont like the no down tube look? thats whats all ways turned me onto the bike, its nothing but motor lol, just looks muscular for a little bike with no frame wrapping the motor
    This was one of the great featured of the fabled Vincent Black Shadow by the way.
    Makes a big gnarly engine look bigger and gnarlier.
    Or in the case of the virago, not so gnarly engines. :-)

Get Adobe Flash player

http://youtu.be/d9Xg6lpc9Ps

if that video before didnt work, this one will

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by davidabl View Post
    This was one of the great featured of the fabled Vincent Black Shadow by the way.
    Makes a big gnarly engine look bigger and gnarlier.
    Or in the case of the virago, not so gnarly engines. :-)

lol ud be suprised just how "gnarly" they virago engine can be when modded..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mhormell View Post
    lol ud be suprised just how "gnarly" they virago engine can be when modded..
    No doubt. An awful lot of mc engines seem to come to us "detuned" for reliability.
    I probably should have said gnarly LOOKING. Old engines had lots of covers,bolts,external oil lines etc. that modern ones don't. Iron barrels too. All that stuff made them look more gnarly
    than they actually were:-)
    Just compare the Virago power plant with the Vincent, or a TC88 with a knuckle/pan/shovel.

Deaver

I just found an 82 vx920 in my area on CL for $700 OBO, doesn't run and the guy has chopped a little on it but has all the original parts. My pick it up for my first go round. Nice bike man.

May I ask about the tank. I want one what kind is it where did you find it. Or any ideas where to get another like it

Share This