Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyhigh88
    • Oct 2010

interviewing for a new job

monday interviewing for a awesome job...outside sales rep for a family owned construction company. anyone with any tips...havent had an interview in like 10 years... my gf was asking me like my strengths, weaknesses etc...was stumped...anyone with good ideas? examples? i know this is the junkpile but i see talent here haha. this could be my way off of a roof and a steady income to buy a house.
  • poonslammer
    • Apr 2011

tell them your only real weakness is that you tend to care too much about other people but thats also a strength....and that your clever....idk

Comment

• NHMike
      • Apr 2024

Good luck man!!!

Just don't tell them how much you enjoy sucking on man tits.

Comment

• livingdeadmc
        • Apr 2024

Ive always used being a perfectionist as a weakness...its a better positive than negative. Have you done sales before?

Comment

• ridemore16
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by livingdeadmc
          Ive always used being a perfectionist as a weakness...its a better positive than negative. Have you done sales before?
          That's good advice. Just make sure you study up on their company, have some questions prepared for them. Try to keep it in conversation tone, not just question/answer. Stay calm and good luck!

Comment

• MetulMunky
            • Nov 2011

dont bad mouth your previous employer, find positive ways to relate your previous work ethic and look forward to progression.

Comment

• NHMike
              • Apr 2024

Think about it...

"My weakness is I care too much, and I'm a perfectionist"....seriously?!?!

Don't you think these people will see right through the bullshit? Do some research on the Company (as stated), write down some questions, take notes if need be. It'll show them your organized and actually give a damn about this job. THINK about your weaknesses and be SINCERE about it. Don't script what you're going to say. I'm sure the people that are interviewing you have been doing it a long time and feeding them a load of shit will probably just get your resume tossed in the can as your walking out the door.

Just be you man.

Comment

• starwolf
                • Apr 2024

sky ,as a fellow roofer, I feel yer pain, and desire to get away from the rooftops, I don't know about you, but personally I kind of enjoy being able to smoke when ever, take a break whenever, not punch a time clock, going to the same damn place every day, day in and day out. I like being outside,working with my (sometimes arthritic) hands, and I don't mind getting dirty.I don't like to wear slacks or button ups or long sleeve shirts. I say "fuck" a lot and I won't pee for a job( I like to smoke the devil lettuce) I don't like having to fuck with a bunch of paperwork. Nor could I lie to someone to sell them something, are you prepared to lie to customers? Salesmen usually tell the customer whatever they want to hear so that they sign the damn contract,"oh you want a 50'x100' upside down boat gazebo,a 1,000' rock sidewalk, Olympic size in ground pool, no problem, thats all included in the $22,000.00 price!" (be careful you can easily fuck yourself!) Since your working for someone else, you'll likely be on salary, + commission, which means 40-60 hr weeks with no overtime. You said your a roofer by trade, I think you are WAAAY over qualified for a salesman position, you know WAAAY too much about construction !

Comment

• randommayhem
                  • Dec 2011

Just be honest and highlight your strengths, that has always worked pretty well for me. Try to think of stuff other than the generic "I'm patient, hardworking and motivated", when people say that it sounds like they took it right out of a how to get a job book. Good Luck!

Comment

• malloy
                    • Feb 2010

just be professional. i used to conduct interviews and shit like that. dress the part, doesn't matter.. you can never over dress, but you can def. underdress. ( ex.. i'm a mercedes-benz tech and I went to my interview in a suit) , be clean shaved, tidy hair, etc.. if you have to go into a room, just don't plop your ass down, asked to be seat, just be professional. hand and leg movement is very important, take note of your body langauge. ( most people don't even realize, and keep the word"LIKE" to min.. other than that you'll be fine.. if they ask, " you have any questions for us, keep it to a min.. usually 3 is good. it's shows you have intrest. ask general shit about work load, schedule. company hist, etc.. best of luck

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by starwolf
                      sky ,as a fellow roofer, I feel yer pain, and desire to get away from the rooftops, I don't know about you, but personally I kind of enjoy being able to smoke when ever, take a break whenever, not punch a time clock, going to the same damn place every day, day in and day out. I like being outside,working with my (sometimes arthritic) hands, and I don't mind getting dirty.I don't like to wear slacks or button ups or long sleeve shirts. I say "fuck" a lot and I won't pee for a job( I like to smoke the devil lettuce) I don't like having to fuck with a bunch of paperwork. Nor could I lie to someone to sell them something, are you prepared to lie to customers? Salesmen usually tell the customer whatever they want to hear so that they sign the damn contract,"oh you want a 50'x100' upside down boat gazebo,a 1,000' rock sidewalk, Olympic size in ground pool, no problem, thats all included in the $22,000.00 price!" (be careful you can easily fuck yourself!) Since your working for someone else, you'll likely be on salary, + commission, which means 40-60 hr weeks with no overtime. You said your a roofer by trade, I think you are WAAAY over qualified for a salesman position, you know WAAAY too much about construction !

You work year round? Been off about 2 months now, 65 degrees tomm...need a steady pay check. Salary is 46k plus commission, and the best yr had roofing did 55k but was gone 7 months in bum fuck Indiana. I'm 13 credits shy of a business mgmt degree...used to work for a roofing distributor so I did some inside sales, and true love working outside, but its not steady. This year made 26k...sucks. But yah working outsides dope, but I quit smoking so one of the perks is gone hAha. I gotta piss to get on big prevailing wage jobs so been clean a while.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by malloy
                        just be professional. i used to conduct interviews and shit like that. dress the part, doesn't matter.. you can never over dress, but you can def. underdress. ( ex.. i'm a mercedes-benz tech and I went to my interview in a suit) , be clean shaved, tidy hair, etc.. if you have to go into a room, just don't plop your ass down, asked to be seat, just be professional. hand and leg movement is very important, take note of your body langauge. ( most people don't even realize, and keep the word"LIKE" to min.. other than that you'll be fine.. if they ask, " you have any questions for us, keep it to a min.. usually 3 is good. it's shows you have intrest. ask general shit about work load, schedule. company hist, etc.. best of luck
                        Going in a shirt and tie. Can't afford a suit haha. If was summer and working be another story. Thanks all. Nervous but stoked..,more job means more fun money foe my bike

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                          • Oct 2010

This construction co does roofing siding widows doors. Guess it's more of a remodeling/ residential construction co

Comment

• jluck27
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by NHMike
                            Just don't tell them how much you enjoy sucking on man tits.

God dammit I hate this pic

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jluck27
                              God dammit I hate this pic
                              That's gonna end up being a cc shirt haha

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;