what if I went to born free and smoke out?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SleezyRider
    • Dec 2011

what if I went to born free and smoke out?

Who would be up for that grinder of a round trip in my van. One bike in the van, one towed
  • VonMisfit
    • Apr 2011

isnt it about riding your bike? this isnt strugis

Comment

• SleezyRider
      • Dec 2011

Very true but going from coastal NC top Cali and back to NC for smokeout on a 79 ironhead only didn't seem feasible

Comment

• Jeffy
        • Apr 2010

Rad! I say go for it. Sounds like fun but I agree the van just takes away from it. Drive there roll em out stand around roll em in next show same shit. Sounds boring back and forth 2 wheel adventure sounds awesome. Id add a few extra days for the just in case and for going slowerish on IH

Comment

• CRFyou
          • Mar 2010

How did they do it in 1979?

In the late 40's to debut the new Triumph Thunderbird, they rode 3 production bikes to a track, rode them at an average speed of 92 mph for 500 miles, then rode them back to the factory.

Actually, chuck out that iron head and get a triumph.

Comment

• SleezyRider
            • Dec 2011

If it was 79, I'd hop on out and go, because it'd be brand new. Its 2012 unfortunately, and while I did rebuild the top end this month and the lower end is in good order, I'm going to wait until its had a few straight months of running well before I tempt fate like that. Plus I plan on sleeping in said van on the way (with an Aussie shower hanging off the side) and I want to have a way to transport parts etc back that I find. Plus I'll have my tools, including a small welder in case something happens to my bike or someone elses. Its ask about pppppp, that's what the army taught me

Comment

• DukeCityG
              • Nov 2011

You mean they didn't trailer bikes in 79?

Comment

• SleezyRider
                • Dec 2011

I.knew the trailer jokes were coming. I bought the bike as a non running basket case, I literally just got it running this week and I'm still working out the kinks. Its not like I have some show bike that I'm afraid to hurt, its a ratty ironhead that I'm building, and bring stranded on it doesn't appeal to me

Comment

• DukeCityG
                  • Nov 2011

You still have three months to work em out. I have a shit box EVO Sporty with a bent frame I plan on riding form here (Washington) to the Smokout. It's not running yet lol.

Comment

• CRFyou
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DukeCityG
                    You mean they didn't trailer bikes in 79?
                    That's not what I was getting at. The year of the bike doesn't preclude it from going cross country.

Originally posted by SleezyRider
                    I.knew the trailer jokes were coming. I bought the bike as a non running basket case, I literally just got it running this week and I'm still working out the kinks. Its not like I have some show bike that I'm afraid to hurt, its a ratty ironhead that I'm building, and bring stranded on it doesn't appeal to me
                    I feel you, man. The only way you get your bike reliable is riding it. If you're sleeping in the van, then the van is the way.

Just busting your vas deferens.

Comment

• DukeCityG
                      • Nov 2011

Same here man.

I'm just sayin you should shoot to ride it, and when it comes time and you don't think the bike is ready pack it in the van.

Comment

• SleezyRider
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by CRFyou
                        That's not what I was getting at. The year of the bike doesn't preclude it from going cross country.

I feel you, man. The only way you get your bike reliable is riding it. If you're sleeping in the van, then the van is the way.

Just busting your vas deferens.
                        once I finish up some small things on it over the next week its my main mode of transit, just like all my other bikes were when I had them. But its got to prove itself as a reliable method of transit before it goes out of state. I figure with my regular maintenance, come the end of July I'll be going on long trips with it, barring any unfortunate incidents

Comment

• SleezyRider
                          • Dec 2011

I'd ride it from Wilmington to the smoke out, but Wilmington to Cali then to smoke out and back to Wilmington? My bike has to assure me its ready for big boy pants first haha

Comment

• DukeCityG
                            • Nov 2011

best of luck

Comment

• carl609
                              • Jan 2010

I googled it yesterday, its about 50 hours for me, and thats nonstop. If I could get the time off I would put a change of clothes in a backpack and ride my ironhead all the way, or at least as far as it took me.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;