what if I went to born free and smoke out?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SleezyRider
    • Dec 2011

Must be nice to have a dependable bike. Mine just got upgraded from basket case project to running project

Comment

• cros36
      • Dec 2010

fuck these dicks (wait a minute, that doesnt sound right.....) i say do it. yes, it is about riding your bikes, but i totally understand not hoping on a bike thats status just went from basketcase to runner. confidence through miles, but cross country miles may not be the best miles.

its for sure an adventure even in a van, people take road trips in 4 wheel vehicles all the time, at least you will have to opportunity to pull off in different cities and blast around town, pick up chicks and rape and kill them in your van before you split town.

Comment

• jluck27
        • Aug 2009

No balls no glory...I rebuilt a 1980 XS850 motor and then three days later rode it on the EDR. Went off without a hitch. Sometimes you just have to leave it up to the road gods. Take a phone and charger and way to get on chop cult. If you break down hit us up where ever you are and I guarentee you won't be stranded. I've helped and been helped by members of this site while on a long ride. It works. Shit like this is what seperates the riders from the story tellers. This is just my opinon my man.

Comment

• NHMike
          • Apr 2024

Most of the people that'll give u shit for vanning it are probably the types that barely go out of state on their bikes. Do what feels right. My opinion is that you never know if the bike will make it, until you try. If I didn't have kids and bills, I'd love to jump on my bike for a month just to see how far I could get with just a backpack and a tent.

Comment

• starwolf
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by SleezyRider
            Very true but going from coastal NC top Cali and back to NC for smokeout on a 79 ironhead only didn't seem feasible
            Despite the IBR judges thoughts,John Young pulled all 50 states in 11 days on a '69 Triumph Trident (perhaps the most cantankerous and quirky of all Triumphs.) I think his biggest issue was his chain came off, and removed his license plate for him. As for having all your tools with you, John had enough tools to do a complete rebuild of his engine. You won't know if it'll make it or not, if you don't try.

On the same note, if you truly feel it won't make it, or your just unwilling to attempt it in its current state, its somewhat understandable. No shame in showing up with your shit in the back of a van, or truck, at least you showed up. I've done it before, and may do it again in April, because, I'm a broke looser and likely won't get my shit together in time for the Just Kickers event.

Comment

• purerockfury
              • Mar 2011

i say go for it if you want to, who cares what others think...there's a big difference between jumping on your bike solo, riding 6000 miles round trip and going on a run with a ton of other bikes and chase trucks.

from what your saying it makes sense to take the van, maybe get out there a little early and ride around cali for a bit. then at least if something does go wrong with ur bike your still not that far from your destination...it would suck to be broke down in the middle of east bum fuck and end up missing it all together...

if i had the time and money i'd love to do a cross country trip on a bike but i wouldn't want to do it if i had limited time and money...

Comment

• felon
                • Oct 2011

take the van and leave it a good 2-3 hours back maybe and ride the rest of the way.

that kinda sounds dumb but fuck it

Comment

• felon
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cros36
                  at least you will have to opportunity to pull off in different cities and blast around town, pick up chicks and rape and kill them in your van before you split town.

hahah awesome

Comment

• coldsmokejr
                    • Sep 2010

Dude, get the kinks worked out on the bike, and ride that bitch! Just take it easy, you don't have to set any records, just enjoy the fuck out of it! Maybe a little pre-planning,figure out your night stops, route and let dudes on chop cult in that area if you run into problems, check the travel assistance thread. I know this would be a fuckin awesome journey, and I'm a bit jealous. I say ride it, if the bike dumps out, at least ya tried, however, if you make it on a 79 IH, you will be a god. (at least in my eyes, which I guess doesnt mean much)

Comment

• SleezyRider
                      • Dec 2011

Another thing is the proximity of the event days. I want to make it to both of them. Not break down and miss one or the other... Or even both

Comment

• CRFyou
                        • Mar 2010

In order to get an ironhead running right, you need to put the lime in the coconut and stir it all up.

Comment

• jluck27
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SleezyRider
                          Another thing is the proximity of the event days. I want to make it to both of them. Not break down and miss one or the other... Or even both
                          If all else fails dude, you're in a van and vans are the balls right now!!

Comment

• 2stroketim
                            • Jan 2012

Weren't you making that trip with the van as a chase vehicle and riding the bike?

Comment

• SleezyRider
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 2stroketim
                              Weren't you making that trip with the van as a chase vehicle and riding the bike?
                              I've got no one to drive chase

Comment

• kzcupcake1977
                                • Oct 2011

It's not like there is a shop on every corner with parts for a bike of that vintage. I get it. It's not so much about the not wanting to ride as it is wanting to ride once you are out here.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;