ATTN: fools, rant on Bates Seats, Anderson Pegs, more...

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonesxl1100
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Loaf
    You forgot that Pabst is swill and typing the word "Ghey" doesn't make it or you less gay. (not You, the hipster douche)
    I always have and most likely will continue to drink pabst. I fucking hate that its a trendy hipster beer now. Its 6 bucks for a sixer of pounders and it taste good to me. cant wait till they move on to something else. maybe someone should introduce Old Milwaukee to them

Comment

• HumblePie68
      • Dec 2010

Nothing wrong with period correct,,but it is just like any trend or fad,,Someone sees it..its cool gotta have it,,then they sell for more than they could ever be worth.

x amount of years ago you could not give away a Flathead Ford motor,,,then everyone and there motor had to have one,,now they are not worth anything again,,lol

and turn them on to Red White and Blue beer

Comment

• CriminalKZ
        • Jul 2010

So all that stuff isn't cool???? Great, now I gotta go pull it all off my bike. Someone please tell me the cooler replacement parts so that I may be socially accepted amongst my peers. Thanks.

Comment

• BillySlicks
          • Sep 2009

There is something essentially wrong with period correct in the way we have been duped into buying parts that are of sub-par quality.
          If it was shit back then its shit now. And there was so many shitty parts being made, these "period correct" parts were plentiful, cheap and readily available.
          There is a whole lot of shit they did back then that is questionable at best, but so many people continue to follow it blindly because it's considered cool.
          I prefer know my parts are of good quality and my bike is not dangerously unsafe.

i'd rather learn from the trials and failures of the shit those guys did back then and not repeat the any of the same fucking mistakes

Comment

• HumblePie68
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BillySlicks
            There is something essentially wrong with period correct in the way we have been duped into buying parts that are of sub-par quality.
            If it was shit back then its shit now. And there was so many shitty parts being made, these "period correct" parts were plentiful, cheap and readily available.
            There is a whole lot of shit they did back then that is questionable at best, but so many people continue to follow it blindly because it's considered cool.
            I prefer know my parts are of good quality and my bike is not dangerously unsafe.

i'd rather learn from the trials and failures of the shit those guys did back then and not repeat the any of the same fucking mistakes

Well when folks are offering new copies of that same stuff what is that saying? Many folks complain about Bates seats being uncomfortable ,,yet all the chuckleheads with a bare seat pan for a seat,,,lol ( but I do agree they are overpriced,,but still many to be found at a reasonable price )

I think it's more "period correct" has its place, same as restoration. To many blurred lines and definitions anymore

unsafe is unsafe and if the builder can't tell that well ,,that's another story

Comment

• bobbystat
              • Feb 2012

It's fucking ridiculous to go "period correct" on custom builds, IMO.

How can you be "correct" when the only "correct" to the guys who built them in the "period" was just buying whatever that fuck they could with the lint in their wallet to make something custom and push the limit. It's the same as the whole fucking hipster problem (we like the IDEA of the 'ol timey working man, so we're gonna dress like them). If you wanna be correct to the period of chopper/bobber/cafe pioneers, replicate their mindset.

In 30 years dumbfucks are gonna be buying $600 (adjusted for inflation) repros of the $7 auto store trailer brakelight because they saw a few poor 2012 fucks using them on their bikes (guilty!)

Comment

• ScottyScott
                • Nov 2009

Righteous responses. Thanks!
                Good to see some old friends from EDR and Jockey Journal circa 2005,6,7 when it was actualy cool, you could say anything, and it was the first and only way people with impractical-motorcycle-syndrom could finaly communicate.

OK, true story - around the same time someone had one of the items on that list. But it wasnt worth shit and they wanted to see if they could trick people into paying shitloads of money for it. So a plot was hatched to see if they could create demand by creating the illusion that it was rare and desireable.

A chopperificly worded ebay bay add was placed with the item at a realy high price. Several fake bids later, the item sold for that high price. Did this a few more times (create ebay item history) and after a few strategicly placed promotional hints on the JJ, the previously worthless item finaly sold at a stupidly high price.

The seed was sown, and it is what it is today.

Comment

• RoadtoGlory
                  • Apr 2024

I so agree period correct is no different then over restoring a knuckle with way to much chrome. I love alum cast pegs and not because they say anderson. I also buy them for maybe $15 at the bottom of a box full of other shit. they use to be a fun find that i would pickup. swap meets use to be full of this shit. I would go in with $ 50 and come out with all type of shit that now would cost me $200 or more. It sucks and now the old parts dealers are on to the old chopper shit being trendy so the prices are up. Which I can't always complain about because selling some of my cheap scores on ebay has helped pay the mortgage. I've been wrenching and selling parts long enough to see a few trends come and go. Fuck honestly I would rather see "period correct" choppers (what ever the hell that means) then the days of flat black and red wheels and whitewalls return. Fuck the late 90's and early 2000's just had some horrible chops running around, just look at old Horse mags. the people i knew that rode chops started building cafes (suspension,they were all getting old))so that became trendy.Naturally bates solo seat are uncomfortable but your riding a chop and when has that ever been really comfortable! fuck living around Detroit metro area you have to run mid controls so you can mx the holes in the roads!I've joked and talked about all this shit, I mean how many pendelton flannels can you own? Look at all the pic of every chopper show. every mfer looks the same. Dickies a flannel a beard and sunglasses, 10 yrs ago everyone was mr. Rockabilly. Yes i dig the look but a chopper is about being a individual its a expression of yourself. I really don't see it any more, I see a bunch of sheep. Since long bikes are now in trend again are all you going to start wearing polyester pants and flat soled shoes? cause if you open a 70's street chopper that was the fashion!. So fuck the dickies get som polyester pants! I come to enjoy any well put together bike what ever it maybe as long as it has heart and soul which you can't buy off ebay or from any magazine!

Comment

• Flatironmike
                    • Jul 2009

^^^ wow, feel better now, binky? hmmmm?

Comment

• HumblePie68
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ScottyScott
                      Righteous responses. Thanks!
                      Good to see some old friends from EDR and Jockey Journal circa 2005,6,7 when it was actualy cool, you could say anything, and it was the first and only way people with impractical-motorcycle-syndrom could finaly communicate.

OK, true story - around the same time someone had one of the items on that list. But it wasnt worth shit and they wanted to see if they could trick people into paying shitloads of money for it. So a plot was hatched to see if they could create demand by creating the illusion that it was rare and desireable.

A chopperificly worded ebay bay add was placed with the item at a realy high price. Several fake bids later, the item sold for that high price. Did this a few more times (create ebay item history) and after a few strategicly placed promotional hints on the JJ, the previously worthless item finaly sold at a stupidly high price.

The seed was sown, and it is what it is today.

Would that be the Bates Tail Light ??

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                        • Apr 2024

Are you so sure it's worth it to be different?

Comment

• HumblePie68
                          • Dec 2010

Comment

• Sunny
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ridemore16
                            I agree! This needs to be in the greatest hits. I love my "Period Incorrect" stickers from Biltwell!
                            Me too, tryin to invent my own rare period pieces.
                            Funny post dude.

Comment

• hotrodkid
                              • Nov 2011

awesome post i just go by the if you didnt build it cut it up or modify it in some way big or small it just aint cool all parts new and old dont matter too me cut it up and make it work

Comment

• HumblePie68
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hotrodkid
                                awesome post i just go by the if you didnt build it cut it up or modify it in some way big or small it just aint cool all parts new and old dont matter too me cut it up and make it work

Well any fool can chop / cut something up. and parts that fit are the best and safest bet. Now IF you have to modify something to fit or as a substitute well then thats another matter.

bottom line,,the missing link anymore is common sense

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;