CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Haven't been on in a while, but I'm still working on the 900 whenever I have time. I completely forgot I had started this thread but there are pics floating around the forum. I've changed my mind on where I wanted to go with the bike so many times I suppose it'd have been a cluster fuck of a thread anyway LOL. Here's how she sits right now, until I get the frame taken care of. I had a guy to weld the frame but that fell through but all the other little shit is pretty much done. I built a bare bones wiring harness using factory plugs, used a box from Home Depot to mount the switch and hold all the plugs for the ignition and charging system. All the old controls from the bars are gone, just a basic on/off and a starter button. The headlight is actually just a KC Daylighter housing with a Hella in it. The shocks are 11" and the forks have been lowered as well, and the kick stand was shortened a bit. Been riding the Biltwell seat for a while, once the frame is done I'll build my own custom seat. The tank is just an old Frisco'd peanut and the fender is from a Dyna, shortened it up and got it to fit. Oh, and the forward controls. I used TC Bros controls for the 750C, and modded them as well as the frame to make them work. It was close to begin with but not quite a perfect fit. They actually sit a little higher than they would normally but it helps with clearance so I can still lean her pretty hard and not scrape the pavement.

Last edited by ContractKiller; 09-21-2014 at 8:47 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool and more pics please

Get Adobe Flash player

This thing has tons of potential, get on it man!

Get Adobe Flash player

Move the bike a foot into the sunlight next time. I can't see shit but a bike silhouette, don't tease me man.

Get Adobe Flash player

LOL I'll get some better pics. I'll also get her done as soon as I find someone to handle the welding. I don't weld for shit and can't really practice since I don't have proper electrical service in the garage.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bike is coming together. One thing though, ditch the four square. I tthink it detracts from the look of the bike. If your stuck on using a box at least get an fs box. Of course this is entirely up to you.

Get Adobe Flash player

I tend to agree the electrical box isn't the best idea, but it was an easy solution at the time. Didn't have anything lying around that would have been suitable, and without a welder I couldn't have made anything better The battery is actually going to be relocated when the frame gets done and I'll come up with a new box for the electrics.

Get Adobe Flash player

Time to bring this back from the dead. I pretty much haven't touched this bike in two years and I won't bother with excuses but in the end I just lost fucking interest and I'm getting the itch to work on her again so here I am. I've gone back and forth on whether I want to hardtail her or not but I have ultimately decided to keep tue rear suspension. In fact I'm considering an entirely different direction after seeing a bike that was done by MHC in France. Kind of a tracker style, but they went single backbone with a really narrow tank that gives it a nice "all motor" sort of vibe. I look at that bike and it just looks fucking right to me. So I'm on the fence about going that route or keeping the brat-ish look and maybe doing a Kong job. Either way the outer backbones gotta go so...

Here's how it's sat for the last two years. I did strip the tank recently, thought about just letting it patina and was maybe going to run a bare steel bobtail fender, cut real short. But whatever...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160422_185458.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	69784

Stripped that bitch down...

Name:	20160423_141417.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	69785

Went to town with the Sawzall...

Name:	20160520_183448.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	69786

With the current tank and seat...

Name:	20160520_190252.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	69787

And here's the bike from MHC that really has become my inspiration.

Name:	Photo 001.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	69788

If I go this route I want to use a Wassell-style tank for a bit more capacity, with a high tunnel to let the tank hug the motor a bit. I'd of course be changing the bars and making a new seat, going back to mids, and I'd change the exhaust as well.

In the meantime I've mocked up the new battery location and I'm building an all new harness. Some of the old wires are really brittle and I had already gotten it down to the bare essentials but I wasn't happy with how hacked up it was. The electrical box will be either under the seat or right behind the battery but I'm still figuring that out.

Get Adobe Flash player

Forgot to mention I'm also ditching the stock carbs. I really wanted to get rid of the airbox and while it's possible to tune the CVs it's also a giant pain innthe balls. They also need a rebuild and between the cost of a decent rebuild kit and the hassle of splitting the bank apart I decided to go with a pair of 36mm Mikuni VMs. They'll be mounted on a set of 2-1 intakes I'm building. For those I'm going to braze up some 1.5" copper.

She sure is coming along. I have a pair of CB900C bikes, haven't really done anything to them yet tho

Get Adobe Flash player

good ole contract killer..

My CB900c build from a few years back:

Name:	376899_480728791937663_1485842401_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	77437

Name:	causeway.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	77438
    Last edited by bigjeff; 06-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.

To the op. I k ow this is an old thread. It I want that fairing of you still have it. Lol

Share This