Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notfondajane11
    • Jan 2012

springer length issue. need help!

ok. getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase a bad ass super narrow from acme. but nervous on which length to get. i have a stock stretch & rake frame. just removed my stock length DNA springer, which had a decent stance. but now mocking up new project it looks like a 2" under stock would be sick. can me getting a 2" under fuck me in some way i'm not seeing?? i never used anything other then stock, was hoping front 21" wheel would hug motor closer, as opposed to dropping front end 2"?? NEED HELP .THANKSClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	1330679
  • imtheslime
    • Aug 2009

Take a measurement and contact them. It looks like your bottom frame rails are level now without motor weight. You may want to prop the front up a little higher, 1" or so when you measure and set the rear right on the tire to account for the front dropping with motor weight. The way I understand it its better to be a little high in the front then low.
    Just did this the other day getting ready to order a acme as well.
    You can always look into getting a 23" wheel to fill the void a little better in the front.

Comment

• Incrediblah
      • Aug 2010

I'd just call them and ask. They probably know better than anyone else. I ran into this with my last build while choosing a springer. The Paughco I already had was listed as a 2 under, and the v-twin repop I ended up getting afterward, was "stock length". In reality they're both the same length, but the two manufacturers measure from slightly different spots.

Just call Acme. I'm sure they'll have an answer.

Comment

• notfondajane11
        • Jan 2012

Thanks guys. Yeah waiting to hear from acme tech. I am just impatient!,

Comment

• LEGACYTATTOO701
          • Apr 2024

Post some pics when u get it those things are ba

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...