Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whskytango
    • Apr 2024

"White Trash Dyna" 02FXD Build Thread

Well i guess i should start an official build thread for my bike, everyone else is doing it right?

To start off this is my 02 FXD i picked up for $4500 bucks

Motor work is already 95 upgrade, cams, heads, ect. ect.

it will be a slow process and not a fancy hard tail show bike so most of you will probably not even follow or comment but im doing this anyway.

Started out looking like this, sold some of the shit off it already and started buy other shit!!

THIS IS IT WHEN I RODE IT HOME, HAD A BADLANDER SEAT ON IT, SOLD THAT

PUT A CHOPPED FENDER ON IT, AND MOCKED UP A SET OF BROKEN APES. I HAVE A SET OF 16" STRAIGHT APES COMING THAT HAVE BEEN CHROMED, THESE ARE 18" SO A LITTLE BIT SHORTER, ME BEING 6'3" IT WILL BE THE SWEET SPOT.

TOOK OF THE STUPID LOOKING HEAVY BREATHER AND SOLD IT AT A SWAP MEET, AND PICKED UP A S&S AIR CLEANER SET UP.

TOOK THE 21" WHEEL OFF AND MOUNTED A 16" ON THE FRONT, PAINTED THE LEGS, AND HEADLIGHT WITH SOME GLOSS BLACK.

"HEY EVERYONE LOOK ITS "KackAttack" IN THE PICTURE!"

SO THATS IT FOR NOW, I HAVE A TANK FOR A SPORTSTER COMING SOON AND GOING TO MAKE THAT FIT, THE APES SHOULD BE HERE IN A COUPLE DAYS, NEED TO DO SOME WORK WITH THE REAR FENDER, AND FIND A NICE SOLO SEAT SETUP.

I WILL POST PICTURES AS I GO, THANKS FOR LOOKING STAY TUNED

P.S. THOUGHTS, QUESTION, OR CONCERNS ARE WELCOME. BUT IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BE A DICK, YOU CAN GO ELSE WHERE THANKS
  • brach77
    • Oct 2011

I like the hell out of it. I wish there were more twin cams here.

Comment

• whskytango
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by brach77
      i like the hell out of it. I wish there were more twin cams here.
      thanks man, yeah me too, i dose not have to be old or a sportster to be chopped up!!!

Comment

• Duttry
        • Jan 2012

+1 for Twins

I dig it bro, nice job. When I get the time I'll be doin' similar with the rear fender. How do you like the horizontal license plate? Any issues with it rubbin?

Comment

• ThePete
          • Nov 2011

Looks great so far, I'm in the process of a redux with my FXDX and its kind of nice to see which direction someone else has taken things. Kinda crazy I ended up with almost the same cuts on my rear fender, they must just beg for that treatment because it's exactly what felt right when I started. I'll keep checking back, I really love the look of the 16 swap on the front end, the wider thicker tire looks mean as hell.

Comment

• whskytango
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Duttry
            I dig it bro, nice job. When I get the time I'll be doin' similar with the rear fender. How do you like the horizontal license plate? Any issues with it rubbin?
            just did the plate last night so i have tried it out yet!!

Comment

• qballdsm
              • Sep 2011

Sweet!

Comment

• KackAttack
                • Apr 2011

you can tell its my place (we call it "the slab") when the tools and parts are scattered all over the floor or jammed in a 5gal bucket ROFL. we need a shop, not a slab.
                Last edited by KackAttack; 03-13-2012, 9:57 AM.

Comment

• TheSandman
                  • Apr 2011

Nice man, I like it!

Good to see a change around here beside's sportsters and shovelheads. Mainly sportsters though, lol

Comment

• TroubleLeather1
                    • Aug 2009

Nice to see a dyna getting molested! The tall T-bar & fairing ordeal has wore me out, They handle & ride like no other but......

What are you going to do with the 21"? Wanna sell it?

Comment

• whskytango
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by TroubleLeather1
                      Nice to see a dyna getting molested! The tall T-bar & fairing ordeal has wore me out, They handle & ride like no other but......

What are you going to do with the 21"? Wanna sell it?
                      yeah i want to sell it, i was going to put it on classifieds but PM me and u can have dibs on it

Comment

• GlassBikerNC
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by TheSandman
                        Nice man, I like it!

Good to see a change around here beside's sportsters and shovelheads. Mainly sportsters though, lol
                        Looking good!

I've got to agree with TheSandman. While I do like Sportsters and LOVE Shovels, there are other bikes. I just haven't found a Sporty that I am completely comfortable on (feel kind of like a money fucking a football).

Hopefully, I will be through with Wide Glide soon.

Comment

• whskytango
                          • Apr 2024

updates

took her for a test run to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts

new updates, mounted tail light off a bagger turn signal, and mounted plate

so the jackass before me basically spray painted the whole bike, including the rear rim and white wall tire, so i used some stripper and took most of it off. i have a chrome 40 spoke rear wheel coming soon so thats what i will be running.

heres a video of "KackAttack" taking it for a ride to the store to get smokes! lol

STAY TUNED!
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2012, 9:58 PM.

Comment

• whskytango
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by GlassBikerNC
                            Looking good!

I've got to agree with TheSandman. While I do like Sportsters and LOVE Shovels, there are other bikes. I just haven't found a Sporty that I am completely comfortable on (feel kind of like a money fucking a football).

Hopefully, I will be through with Wide Glide soon.
                            yeah i had a sporty for a while, and me being 6'3" and 215 pounds, i felt the same way lol, defiantly love the dyna, its a glorified sportster so im happy

Comment

• brach77
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by whskytango
                              took her for a test run to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts

new updates, mounted tail light off a bagger turn signal, and mounted plate

so the jackass before me basically spray painted the whole bike, including the rear rim and white wall tire, so i used some stripper and took most of it off. i have a chrome 40 spoke rear wheel coming soon so thats what i will be running.

heres a video of "KackAttack" taking it for a ride to the store to get smokes! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eR6U...e_gdata_player

you have to click the link to see the video, i dont know how to post videos if any one has an idea to help lol thanks. STAY TUNED!
                              you have to embed the video.

wheres your seat capn?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;