Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cajones
    • Jan 2012

Transmission problem!

Hello, well I am here to seek your infinite wisdom! My bike will start and run, badly but that's how it always ran, but not the transmission will stick in neutral when I try and shift to 2nd, so my bike is basically useless except for pissing of neighbors! Any ideas of why could be wrong? I know for a fact it isn't a bent shift fork, other than that I am clueless! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks home skillets!
  • BrandonThePleb
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Cajones
    Hello, well I am here to seek your infinite wisdom! My bike will start and run, badly but that's how it always ran, but not the transmission will stick in neutral when I try and shift to 2nd, so my bike is basically useless except for pissing of neighbors! Any ideas of why could be wrong? I know for a fact it isn't a bent shift fork, other than that I am clueless! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks home skillets!
    Have you opened it up to have a look yet? for all your know your shift rod popped out of the shitfer pawl thing. It happened to me...

Comment

• NHMike
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by BrandonThePleb
      Have you opened it up to have a look yet? for all your know your shift rod popped out of the shitfer pawl thing. It happened to me...
      Same thing happened to me on my Ironhead.

Comment

• Cajones
        • Jan 2012

Sweet, I'll take a look at that, hopefully its something simple!

Comment

• BrandonThePleb
          • Feb 2011

you own a Kawi so I don't know if you can But I would pull the tranny out if that isnt the problem and manually shift the pawl shifter with a screwdriver and rotate the gears to see if they're engaging. or even to check if they're worn out. Your manual should show you which gears should be moving in each gear. I know you probably don't want to do that but it's easier then you think. If I can do it surely you can! Good luck..

Comment

• Cajones
            • Jan 2012

Sweet, I'll order up some gaskets then dig in, hopefully I don't screw something up!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;