Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billdozer
    • Apr 2024

+1 on going to Nancy at cars. I've done it through them and chp. Out of state and other problem bikes need a vin verification which aaa doesn't do. (at least the last time I tried, last year.) chp can be a pain in the ass depending on who you deal with. I've seen Hal have to argue with officer friendly about why a sportster transmission didn't have a vin (seriously) and then a couple years later the dude registered a home built Honda for me with very little hassle and zero inspection other than the numbers. I've done probably close to a dozen weird old out of state, off the books bikes with mismatched numbers, missing paperwork, you name it, it's all possible. Chp will always be more of a pain, a third party will always be more expensive. I've never been asked about proving mileage, so I think you just got a dipshit. Be nice, but creative and firm and you will succeed. I'm not sure how far you are from temecula, but Nancy and her wizard girls are a good bet if you call first, make sure they will have a vin verifier there and bring the bike to em.

Comment

• Incrediblah
      • Aug 2010

I'm in Venice, so it's a little bit of a trip. If I get another DMV-tard and the decoy odometer doesn't work, I'll be taking a nice ride on down to Temecula.

Cheers

Comment

• Huero
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ansutton21
        Take a deep breath and relax. I don't think that anyone here misconstrued his comment as disrespectful to the military........At the end of the day, my point, if i even have one, is to take a look around and accept things at face value.
        And before anyone decides to run their mouth about my military rant, know this: I am a Sgt. in the United States Marine Corps, and you can suck my red white and blue dick.
        Let's meet in the middle here: It seems that where the problem lies is in the lack of integrity in a lot of people as a whole (regardless of employer: gov, civ, etc.) and that is the true beef we all have!

I don't take anything at face value, and as a Jr. NCO, neither should you. As a former Staff Sgt. I relied on my Buck Sarges to ensure my people and shit (sometimes one in the same) were squared away by standards NOT by face value stereotypes. FACE VALUE: I'm a Gov Employee who sits in a cushy ergo chair in my air conditioned office; TRUE VALUE: I earned a degree so that I could escape my M-4 and I sit in this chair because I'm 40% disabled and I've had my hips and feet destroyed by coming in hot on one too many fast ropes. When you meet me and see me limp, now you'll now why.

I'll stand down, I don't want this thread to end up in the Junk Pile, thank you Ansutton21 for your continued service.

AIR ASSAULT!

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
          • Apr 2010

Registration company, Duh

Originally posted by Incrediblah
          So I recently bought a 76 shovel from a guy in NJ, and just went to register it in CA. The bike doesn't have an odometer on it, so the woman wouldn't verify it for me, and thus no new title was issued.

There's a line on the title where you can check off that it's not the actual mileage, but I guess that doesn't get around the fact that they need to see SOMETHING on there. Trying to figure out my options. I was thinking I could just buy a used speedo with more mileage than is listed on the old title, and slap it on the bike just to get it registered.

Anyone run into this before? Or, if anyone has an old speedo with more than 15k on the ticker that they'd be willing to get rid of, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
          I always pay some one to do the leg work.

Comment

• Ansutton21
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Huero
            Let's meet in the middle here: It seems that where the problem lies is in the lack of integrity in a lot of people as a whole (regardless of employer: gov, civ, etc.) and that is the true beef we all have!

I don't take anything at face value, and as a Jr. NCO, neither should you. As a former Staff Sgt. I relied on my Buck Sarges to ensure my people and shit (sometimes one in the same) were squared away by standards NOT by face value stereotypes. FACE VALUE: I'm a Gov Employee who sits in a cushy ergo chair in my air conditioned office; TRUE VALUE: I earned a degree so that I could escape my M-4 and I sit in this chair because I'm 40% disabled and I've had my hips and feet destroyed by coming in hot on one too many fast ropes. When you meet me and see me limp, now you'll now why.

I'll stand down, I don't want this thread to end up in the Junk Pile, thank you Ansutton21 for your continued service.

AIR ASSAULT!
            Fair enough, i can get on board with that.

Comment

• Hooligan80
              • Jul 2010

Bill has the right advice

Just take it to CARS in Temecula and bypass the cunts at the DMV.
              Last edited by Hooligan80; 03-13-2012, 9:41 AM. Reason: I just saw Bill's post after I posted.

Comment

• hugodv01
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Huero
                Worthless pile of shit? I stomped ass all over Bell Gardens and then the SGV, then got a G.E.D. and served 7 years Active Duty military, deployed half-way across the world away from my Family, went to night school and received an AA, left Active Duty to obtain a BS in Accounting, deployed as again a Reservist, then put in applications for 3 years to finally land a Gov't job as an Accountant working 50 hours a week.

Who the FUCK are you calling a worthless pile of shit?! What mediocre job do you show up to everyday?

Oh, I was also a certified welder, too, just in case you thought we only push pencils in our cushy jobs.
                Huero,

I was not attacking the military (or police or firemen for that matter). If I offended you or anyone else I will rephrase my comment to specify "not all, but whole bunch of government employees" and yes I know there are exceptions.

If I ever run into you in Bell Gardens or the SGV I will buy you a round of beers in thanks for your service. But you better buy me one to make up for that two hour wait I had at the DMV last month.

Comment

• Huero
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hugodv01
                  Huero,

I was not attacking the military (or police or firemen for that matter). If I offended you or anyone else I will rephrase my comment to specify "not all, but whole bunch of government employees" and yes I know there are exceptions.

If I ever run into you in Bell Gardens or the SGV I will buy you a round of beers in thanks for your service. But you better buy me one to make up for that two hour wait I had at the DMV last month.
                  All Good Homie!

Looking at my post (hindsight is 20/20) I was a bit too aggressive and I got my panties in a wad, when I get back to SoCal I'll let you know and we'll throw a couple back...my treat (courtesy of my cushy job, of course)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                  Salud!

Comment

• Detale
                    • Jan 2012

And what happened, then?
                    Well, on the Cult they say -
                    that Huero's small heart grew three sizes that day.
                    And then - the true meaning of Riding came through,
                    and Heuro found the strength of *ten* Badasses, plus two!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;