CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Wow did he touch a nerve there Huero?
    I've been fighting stereotypes my whole life; something's never change.

I own a Harley Davidson, too, does that make me a weekend warrior "bagger"? Hahahahahaha

Salud,

Big Huero

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediblah View Post
    Thanks for that link. I was under the impression that it didn't matter, provided that part on the title was filled out correctly and signed by both parties, confirming that the mileage is not accurate (which it was, and I showed her). She wasn't having it. She just snapped back at me and said, "WELL what am I supposed to look at in order to verify the mileage then??" I wasn't in the mood to argue, so I turned around and left.
    Isn't that the whole point of checking that the mileage is inaccurate? Some people...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by petemcgill View Post
    I tried bringing my Shovel to AAA in CA, it had an out of state title and was a special construction. They said I had to go to the DMV office for VIN verification. That was last Sept.
    I'm willing to bet that was because it was special construction.Each state is different and they dont necessarily accept each others BS. MSO's and all that shit is not theyre area of expertise. Also willing to bet if you tried to take it to the DMV theyre gonna make you hit the CHP office first. Never been to AAA with an outta state spec. const., so you have me on that one.Ive been by CHP for fixit tickets to be written off a few times. They seemed cool, one guy just asked me if my brake light was working now, signed it and I was gonzo. I could see the logic with the truck and trailer angle.

CHP= AAA w/ a badge, Cant Handle Police work, etc, etc. We've all heard em. Been hassled more by local cops and DMV than CHP, so they're ok in my book.

Get Adobe Flash player

It used to be a lot easier, I registered a lambretta fresh off the boat from Italy with nothing but a bill of sale I wrote myself. The most trouble I had was with a 90cc Vespa I was trying to get together real quick and the headlight hadn't come in yet. The guy was being a bitch, went crying to his superior about the headlight. I saw her practically yelling at him that if it had a seat and handlebars to shut the fuck up. DMV just wants to see something there. Don't know about CHP, never had to mess with them.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Huero View Post
    Worthless pile of shit? I stomped ass all over Bell Gardens and then the SGV, then got a G.E.D. and served 7 years Active Duty military, deployed half-way across the world away from my Family, went to night school and received an AA, left Active Duty to obtain a BS in Accounting, deployed as again a Reservist, then put in applications for 3 years to finally land a Gov't job as an Accountant working 50 hours a week.

Who the FUCK are you calling a worthless pile of shit?! What mediocre job do you show up to everyday?

Oh, I was also a certified welder, too, just in case you thought we only push pencils in our cushy jobs.
    Take a deep breath and relax. I don't think that anyone here misconstrued his comment as disrespectful to the military.
    When was the last time you were in the DMV? When was the last time you saw a law enforcement officer asleep in his patrol car? Have you never see Caltrans leaning on their shovels all day? When you were in the military did you never run into lazy contractors working for the government? Have you ever experienced bad customer service at the PX? Have you taken a look at Congress lately? Or the Department of Transportation?
    Lets take our roads for example. Why are they full of pot holes? Why does my girls car drive sideways and have to be realigned once a year? Why do the wheels on my bike feel like they are about to fall off? Where is that money going? As an accountant for the government (i am curious to know where and what you do exactly) you may agree or disagree with me, but when i walk down to city hall, it looks like that money has taken form in a gaudy fountain full of little kid's pennies. Step inside and you find fancy little offices, each equipped with state of the art computers with ergonomic keyboards and a fancy little ergonomic chair for someone to sit in comfortably while they so blatantly ignore their jobs. To me that qualifies as lazy, which in turn makes one worthless.
    You may slave your ass off day to day. If you do, i commend you. But it is widely known that government workers are generally lazy, do not care about their jobs, do not care about you, cheat the system, are rude, disrespectful and generally worthless. If not, then why does everyone think that? Its not stereotyping, its admitting that you are irritated that your tax money goes towards someones paycheck, and that same person turns around and treats you like some sort of subhuman piece of shit . Its just seeing it for what it is.
    And since you brought the military into this, i will throw my two cents in. Keep in mind that at this time, i am not discrediting your service, or anything you accomplished during that time. I am merely speaking in a broad sense. I understand that there are members of the military who fill critical roles such as grunts, EOD techs, mechanics, some drivers (not all), avionics technicians, pilots and so on and so forth. These people, and a few like them actually earn their paychecks. However, i know for a fact, every day, all around the nation, there are hundreds if not thousands of service members sitting on their cell phones all day, complaining about how hard their lives are. While civilians think that our armed forces are out slaying dragons all day, rescuing people and punching the taliban in the dicks, they are actually crying about how they don't feel like two hours is a long enough lunch break. They sit around all day, not once doing anything that could be even remotely confused with work. The public praises them, and they act like they are entitled to some sort of special treatment, when really, they should be slapped in the mouths like the spoiled children that they are. So really when you think about it, the military as a whole is full of a bunch of lazy piece of shit people too, who just sit around sucking up a paycheck that they take for granted.
    At the end of the day, my point, if i even have one, is to take a look around and accept things at face value.
    And before anyone decides to run their mouth about my military rant, know this: I am a Sgt. in the United States Marine Corps, and you can suck my red white and blue dick.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default ?

To the original poster, why she even looking at the bike? I have never been inspected by the DMV in California, they just looked at the paperwork i gave them and signed off on it. Are they normally supposed to inspect the vehicle?

Get Adobe Flash player

I've been fighting stereotypes my whole life; something's never change.

I own a Harley Davidson, too, does that make me a weekend warrior "bagger"? Hahahahahaha

Salud,

Big Huero
    I don't succumb to the labels without meeting anyone bud, from the other thread you seem like a hell of a nice guy I'm sure I'll meet up with you soon. Cheers big ears.

Get Adobe Flash player

Once again refer to my previous post. The lady at CARS in Temecula, will be able to get you through this. If you have to go to CHP, like previously mentioned have it in the back of a truck. All they care about are the numbers.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Ansutton21 View Post
    To the original poster, why she even looking at the bike? I have never been inspected by the DMV in California, they just looked at the paperwork i gave them and signed off on it. Are they normally supposed to inspect the vehicle?
    I've only had to bring in bikes that were bought out of state. The others have been fine with just paperwork. Pretty sure it's specific to out of state vehicles, and the "inspection" usually just consists of them looking at the VIN #s and signing the sheet. I just happened to get some ol' cranky bitch who couldn't accept the "not actual mileage" section on the title, without seeing an odometer, as if it matters.

Ordered a cheapo $20 speedo to pry open and roll to the desired mileage. At least I can use it again later if I run into the same issues.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rustrocket84 View Post
    Once again refer to my previous post. The lady at CARS in Temecula, will be able to get you through this. If you have to go to CHP, like previously mentioned have it in the back of a truck. All they care about are the numbers.
    If I get a shitty inspector again and it doesn't work, I'll definitely check them out. Thanks man.

billdozer

+1 on going to Nancy at cars. I've done it through them and chp. Out of state and other problem bikes need a vin verification which aaa doesn't do. (at least the last time I tried, last year.) chp can be a pain in the ass depending on who you deal with. I've seen Hal have to argue with officer friendly about why a sportster transmission didn't have a vin (seriously) and then a couple years later the dude registered a home built Honda for me with very little hassle and zero inspection other than the numbers. I've done probably close to a dozen weird old out of state, off the books bikes with mismatched numbers, missing paperwork, you name it, it's all possible. Chp will always be more of a pain, a third party will always be more expensive. I've never been asked about proving mileage, so I think you just got a dipshit. Be nice, but creative and firm and you will succeed. I'm not sure how far you are from temecula, but Nancy and her wizard girls are a good bet if you call first, make sure they will have a vin verifier there and bring the bike to em.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm in Venice, so it's a little bit of a trip. If I get another DMV-tard and the decoy odometer doesn't work, I'll be taking a nice ride on down to Temecula.

Cheers

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Ansutton21 View Post
    Take a deep breath and relax. I don't think that anyone here misconstrued his comment as disrespectful to the military........At the end of the day, my point, if i even have one, is to take a look around and accept things at face value.
    And before anyone decides to run their mouth about my military rant, know this: I am a Sgt. in the United States Marine Corps, and you can suck my red white and blue dick.
    Let's meet in the middle here: It seems that where the problem lies is in the lack of integrity in a lot of people as a whole (regardless of employer: gov, civ, etc.) and that is the true beef we all have!

I don't take anything at face value, and as a Jr. NCO, neither should you. As a former Staff Sgt. I relied on my Buck Sarges to ensure my people and shit (sometimes one in the same) were squared away by standards NOT by face value stereotypes. FACE VALUE: I'm a Gov Employee who sits in a cushy ergo chair in my air conditioned office; TRUE VALUE: I earned a degree so that I could escape my M-4 and I sit in this chair because I'm 40% disabled and I've had my hips and feet destroyed by coming in hot on one too many fast ropes. When you meet me and see me limp, now you'll now why.

I'll stand down, I don't want this thread to end up in the Junk Pile, thank you Ansutton21 for your continued service.

AIR ASSAULT!

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Registration company, Duh

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediblah View Post
    So I recently bought a 76 shovel from a guy in NJ, and just went to register it in CA. The bike doesn't have an odometer on it, so the woman wouldn't verify it for me, and thus no new title was issued.

There's a line on the title where you can check off that it's not the actual mileage, but I guess that doesn't get around the fact that they need to see SOMETHING on there. Trying to figure out my options. I was thinking I could just buy a used speedo with more mileage than is listed on the old title, and slap it on the bike just to get it registered.

Anyone run into this before? Or, if anyone has an old speedo with more than 15k on the ticker that they'd be willing to get rid of, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
    I always pay some one to do the leg work.

Get Adobe Flash player

Let's meet in the middle here: It seems that where the problem lies is in the lack of integrity in a lot of people as a whole (regardless of employer: gov, civ, etc.) and that is the true beef we all have!

I don't take anything at face value, and as a Jr. NCO, neither should you. As a former Staff Sgt. I relied on my Buck Sarges to ensure my people and shit (sometimes one in the same) were squared away by standards NOT by face value stereotypes. FACE VALUE: I'm a Gov Employee who sits in a cushy ergo chair in my air conditioned office; TRUE VALUE: I earned a degree so that I could escape my M-4 and I sit in this chair because I'm 40% disabled and I've had my hips and feet destroyed by coming in hot on one too many fast ropes. When you meet me and see me limp, now you'll now why.

I'll stand down, I don't want this thread to end up in the Junk Pile, thank you Ansutton21 for your continued service.

AIR ASSAULT!
    Fair enough, i can get on board with that.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bill has the right advice

Just take it to CARS in Temecula and bypass the cunts at the DMV.
    Last edited by Hooligan80; 03-13-2012 at 9:41 AM. Reason: I just saw Bill's post after I posted.

Get Adobe Flash player

Worthless pile of shit? I stomped ass all over Bell Gardens and then the SGV, then got a G.E.D. and served 7 years Active Duty military, deployed half-way across the world away from my Family, went to night school and received an AA, left Active Duty to obtain a BS in Accounting, deployed as again a Reservist, then put in applications for 3 years to finally land a Gov't job as an Accountant working 50 hours a week.

Who the FUCK are you calling a worthless pile of shit?! What mediocre job do you show up to everyday?

Oh, I was also a certified welder, too, just in case you thought we only push pencils in our cushy jobs.
    Huero,

I was not attacking the military (or police or firemen for that matter). If I offended you or anyone else I will rephrase my comment to specify "not all, but whole bunch of government employees" and yes I know there are exceptions.

If I ever run into you in Bell Gardens or the SGV I will buy you a round of beers in thanks for your service. But you better buy me one to make up for that two hour wait I had at the DMV last month.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hugodv01 View Post
    Huero,

I was not attacking the military (or police or firemen for that matter). If I offended you or anyone else I will rephrase my comment to specify "not all, but whole bunch of government employees" and yes I know there are exceptions.

If I ever run into you in Bell Gardens or the SGV I will buy you a round of beers in thanks for your service. But you better buy me one to make up for that two hour wait I had at the DMV last month.
    All Good Homie!

Looking at my post (hindsight is 20/20) I was a bit too aggressive and I got my panties in a wad, when I get back to SoCal I'll let you know and we'll throw a couple back...my treat (courtesy of my cushy job, of course)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Salud!

Get Adobe Flash player

And what happened, then?
    Well, on the Cult they say -
    that Huero's small heart grew three sizes that day.
    And then - the true meaning of Riding came through,
    and Heuro found the strength of *ten* Badasses, plus two!

Share This