Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wiseowl73
    • Feb 2011

Rectifier relocation ideas

Hey all, I am looking for examples of where you put your rectifier/ regulators. I know its common to put them under the front motor mount, but I want to see other options as well...if you have any pics to share, thanks in advance.
  • Daverous
    • Oct 2011

On my metric I got away with mounting it to the bottom side of a pan that fills up the seat area(Holds wiring and keeps it hidden). I'm not sure if it would be enough air for a Harley set up, but would love to know since I'm looking for a different place than the front as well on my build. The Honda I'm doing that on doesn't have an oil tank so its got more air space under there, could be a problem with an oil tank in the way. I'll try an snap a picture a little later.

Comment

• Daverous
      • Oct 2011

It's smaller than a harley and fit better mounted that way. Hasn't given me an issues. If you try yours that way let me know if it works and I'll do that same haha.

Comment

• punkrod
        • Jul 2011

Depends on the bike. I prefer them out of sight. Under the transmission on rigid's is a great spot. They also fit behind the transmission on most swingarm bikes. If you're running an open belt drive primary you can bolt them to the motor plate between the pulleys. It needs a good ground and should be mounted where it can get air around it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;