Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordanGdrummer
    • Sep 2011

BSA chop ignition help

I need some wiring and tuning help on my BSA chopper. I've got a new battery and plugs, but still can't get a spark. Running a dual coil and electronic ignition set-up for kick only. Any and all help would be appreciated.

• starwolf
    • Apr 2024

Its kind of difficult to attempt to help with such little info. Here's some things to check/ think about.
    Are you certain that you've wired everything correctly ? Are you getting power to the E.I Trigger box ?
    what type of E.I are you running? pos or neg ground,some electronics don't like pos ground like L.E.D's, and some voltage regulators will only work pos or neg, though some will work either way. You may even have a dead short, or incomplete circuit somewhere ? Too high amp of a fuse ? It may even be possible that your dual output (unknown voltage)coil may be the culprit. It may be how you have the coils wired. Are you trying to use the old condensers from the points ignition with the new E.I?, if so, ditch them, you don't need them. Ignition timing incorrectly set (you may want to start here). Is the rotor bug of the E.I. installed correctly ? Is the rotor bug of the E.I hitting the E.I pickups, not allowing the rotor bug to spin freely in the path of the pickups ? Just some shit to think about, but I would start by trying to get it static timed. If it does not know when to make the spark, it may not make one at all. Are you sure you have the HT leads going to the right place timing side coil to timing side plug, and Primary side coil to primary side plug ?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2012, 6:09 AM.

Comment

• jordanGdrummer
      • Sep 2011

That gives me a lot more info and stuff to check out, thanks for your help. I'll certainly be digging into that and let you know.

Comment

• jordanGdrummer
        • Sep 2011

Turns out it was a blown fuse. Been riding all around town since then and having only minor troubles here and there that nothing a roadside fix didn't cure.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;