Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyhigh88
    • Oct 2010

Shipping handle bars need help please

So sold some bars on classifieds here...first mistake,'didnt figure shipping be so much (22$ according to ups website). 2nd...how the hell do I ship them? There some 6" z bars. Could I make my own triangle box thing? And if so would USPS take them? Gotta be cheaper than ups I would think. Feel like a jackass...new to paypal so
    Figured I'd use the dudes money he sent to send them out tomm (Friday) and have a feeling they wont go until Tuesday when get unemployment check. Who knew takes 3-4 business days for money to get into your bank act... Only got 15 to my name at moment.

So in the end thought make at least a beer and dinner at local diner but now it's 217 and I'm stressing this shit...got a headache and at end maybe make enough for a redbull and bag of cheetos...suggestions???? As in how can ship and who'd be cheaper? Thanks
  • poonslammer
    • Apr 2011

pizza box?cut 2 corners off and bam triangle box

Comment

• cros36
      • Dec 2010

i recently shipped some t bars. 2'3" across with 10" rise. i put them in a box that i found in the basement. ripped up and balled up a giant phonebook for padding, and used lots of tape. crossed out all the writing on the box. usps was like 11 bucks with tracking (which is pretty much pointless with usps)

and dont sweat not being able to ship them right away. just COMMUNICATE!!!! with the buyer. alot of us know what its like not to have 2 bucks to our name untill payday. they arnt going out till you get paid, let them know whats up and it should be fine.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
        • Jul 2010

USPS will be cheaper. The quote you get online is usually more expensive than when you actually go to the store. You need to make the box as small as possible. That's the best advice I can give you. Make the box SMALL!

Comment

• tattoo2303
          • Aug 2009

USPS has a triangle box pre-made, and theyll let ya take it for free to see if it works size wise i was gonna cut it down but ended up using the little extra on each end for packing meterial

Comment

• Spade115
            • May 2010

ive shipped tons of stuff and its usually cheaper usps. The trackins not bad was able to follow it all the way to the peoples house's.

Comment

• JMFNC
              • May 2011

I got my z bars shipped to me wrapped in pipe insulation (hardware store foam tubing for insulating exterior pipes), taped with packing tape and thru USPS. They arrived just fine. Your experience may differ.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                • Oct 2010

Cool...thanks for everyones input. Gonna email th guy today. Guess next time I'll be more prepared...and should of done my home work...figured could transfer the money right away from paypL.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                  • Jul 2010

If you are going to be doing a lot of paypal transactions in the future you should get a PayPal Debit card. I got one cuz that's how my boss pays me my check. We sell auto parts on eBay so it just works out well. It's also a mastercard so I can use it almost anywhere

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by poonslammer
                    pizza box?cut 2 corners off and bam triangle box
                    cant afford a pizza at the moment haha

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                      • Oct 2010

sent him a message...hopefully dudes cool...find out i guess...at worst can refund his money, and resell on here...but definitely add shipping. last time i shipped something was like 7 years ago...and it cost maybe 5$...what does everything go up price wise except my salary

Comment

• purerockfury
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Skyhigh88
                        sent him a message...hopefully dudes cool...find out i guess...at worst can refund his money, and resell on here...but definitely add shipping. last time i shipped something was like 7 years ago...and it cost maybe 5$...what does everything go up price wise except my salary

dude should understand, it sucks waiting for your shit but if he wants them and got a good deal it should be fine.

handle bars do suck to ship i make my own odd shaped box and make it as small as possible

usps parcel post is definitely the cheapest as stated, they usually tell you two weeks but it always gets there quicker especially if it's only a few states, i've shipped from mass to florida parcel post and it gets there in 3-4 days tops...

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                          • Oct 2010

yah hes in washington...well the bars were 40 shipped...when traded parts to get them cost me like 60...kind of did the math...so if shippings 20 or so thru ups id think thats a great deal...havent heard back...now i know how pay pal works though...thought as soon as he sent the money could transfer to my bank...have it asap...guess not

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                            • Oct 2010

will usps take them if i wrap them in pipe insulation and tape them up good??

Comment

• purerockfury
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Skyhigh88
                              will usps take them if i wrap them in pipe insulation and tape them up good??
                              not sure...maybe if you tape a a good size piece of paper or card board on there so you can right the address and return address.

you can go online and pay/print a shipping label with paypal but you need to be kinda set up for it.
                              dimensions, weight and a printer..then you just drop it off at the post office

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;