What is the next major tool investment you will make?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibuiltmine
    • Jun 2010

What is the next major tool investment you will make?

Tax time is here, and while I ended up having to owe taxes, a lot of us have a chunk of money to spend.
    I have been spending time with my grandma sewing at her little shop called Grandma's Trunk in Nebraska, learning that. I have been watching for some good sewing machines that would do some light leather, and stuff like that. Making flannel shirts, and some cloths for my kids to practice. Its pretty fun to do. I found a couple walking foot light-industrial machines for less then 500 bucks, and I think that will be my next tool I buy.

I bought a nice little lathe, but hte boat must have sunk coming from china or something because its taking forever to get here. I finally decided on and got a Grizzly 10x22.

What is the next addition to your shop?
    Last edited by ibuiltmine; 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM.
  • Bandersnatch
    • Dec 2011

Always got my eyes open for a drill press at estate sales........or anything cheap.

Depending on how this season goes at work I'll be looking for a TIG on the cheap= Cuz it just seems to be an awesome investment and could seriously expand my fabrication abilities.

But odds are I'll end up blowin all my money an a bike.

Comment

• tgc
      • Jan 2012

+1 for the drill press. sears is going outa business in my area and I am playing the waiting game on the price to come down enough for me to buy it.

Comment

• GRHebard
        • May 2011

oxy torch is the next thing for me
        i'd like a mill and a TIG, but those are down the road a little more

Comment

• kawijake
          • Jul 2011

Just got a horizontal band saw, drill press, grinder, and logan lathe. Stocking pennies back for a knee mill and the rest for the year is to keep the ol ironhead on the pavement!!

Comment

• ibuiltmine
            • Jun 2010

I bought an old, but never used Delta drill press, a 12 inch one. It sucks...unless your wanting to make triangle shaped holes, so a good drill press is back on my list. And Im looking at getting a horizontal band saw and converting it to a stand up one to cut pipes better with.

Comment

• jluck27
              • Aug 2009

I just bought a bitchen digital height gauge and I'm eyeing a granite surface table at work that I plan on "Borrowing"

Comment

• coldsmokejr
                • Sep 2010

definitely new welders!

Comment

• elTee
                  • Aug 2009

Blast cabinet then better welder, love to find a used tig and learn that shit...

Comment

• OhioFlameThrower
                    • Dec 2011

Definitely a welding rig... I have a free-standing drill press, bandsaw, grinder, a sweet lathe and an Index vertical knee mill. A welding rig is noticeable by its absence!

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by elTee
                      Blast cabinet then better welder, love to find a used tig and learn that shit...
                      I bought a blast cabinet and I ahve used it twice. Takes up a ton of space. I should have waited to get one of those..... or went ahead and bought the entire rig for powdercoating along with it.

Comment

• rhollo87
                        • Nov 2011

Good for me I got some tax $ and have been in Afghan for 6 months so my spare change will Def fund a new welder. And I think a Lathe would be tits!

Comment

• tnichoson
                          • Sep 2009

i just bought a linciln pt 225 yesterday now i gotta sell my miller econotig poor me

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by tnichoson
                            i just bought a linciln pt 225 yesterday now i gotta sell my miller econotig poor me
                            both of those are transformer machines. I was debating between the Lincoln 225 or the Diversion 180. I chose the diversion for a lot of reasons, but one main one is that it is an inverter and draws a LOT less energy for the same weld output.

Comment

• tnichoson
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
                              both of those are transformer machines. I was debating between the Lincoln 225 or the Diversion 180. I chose the diversion for a lot of reasons, but one main one is that it is an inverter and draws a LOT less energy for the same weld output.
                              i have two girls and a girlfriend i work nights so the lights are on 15 hours a day a little more power won't hurt my $200 electric bill

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;