Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfos
    • Sep 2011

Best affordable mx helmet

im lookin to get an mx helmet before it gets hot around here. Whats the best one for around a $100 or less? Thanks
  • BillyT
    • Dec 2010

I like my Bell enough for the price... Paid 60 bucks for it on sale at Cycle Gear. Doesn't look like they have the solid ones anymore though... but they do have some on sale for 79 bucks. Can't go wrong with Bell...

Maybe this link will help you put a lil...

Mine is the older model of the SX-1

Comment

• CM
      • Nov 2010

Got this one and I have no complaints. Super lightweight and feels like your barely wearing anything. Get some Biltwell goggles to ice the cake.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
        • Sep 2010

got the same one as CMhttp://www.chttp://www.chopcult.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24356&stc=1&d=1331139276hopcult.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24355&stc=1&d=1331139251
        Attached Files

Comment

• sfos
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by CM
          Got this one and I have no complaints. Super lightweight and feels like your barely wearing anything. Get some Biltwell goggles to ice the cake.

Thats the one i was gona get if no one gave any suggestions. Is the afx a sticker or painted?

Comment

• coldsmokejr
            • Sep 2010

its painted, but covers up easy enough with stickers..

Comment

• nerdsports
              • Mar 2010

I love how MX helmets look but I can't get over how it probably feels with the visor. Doesn't that crap pull your head up?

Comment

• coldsmokejr
                • Sep 2010

The visors got a ton of air relief holes/venting in it, I thought the same thing, but I dont feel it pulling til about 90 mph.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                  • Mar 2010

Ive been looking at the same kind of thing, in fact, just got back from running over to Cycle Gear on lunch break. I was looking at an HJC online that looked cool. I'll have to grab the model number but the price was right at $105 and I like HJC helmets, generally.

Fly Racing makes one called the Trekker that's cool and a couple of CC guys have had good things to say about them. Pretty sure it's www.flyracing.com

Comment

• Ansutton21
                    • May 2011

Hjc

I got this HJC about a month ago, and i love it. No problems with wind. Just over a hundred bucks and well worth it.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
                      • Sep 2010

denniskirk.com has a ton of good MX helmets on closeout right now in the dirt bike section!

Comment

• BillyT
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by coldsmokejr
                        The visors got a ton of air relief holes/venting in it, I thought the same thing, but I dont feel it pulling til about 90 mph.
                        My head gets tossed just as much in my Biltwell as it does in my MX helmet. As long as it fits right, you will be golden. Don't get one that is comfy when you buy it, get one that hurts a little take off and on. It will break in. Pretty much goes for all helmets.

Comment

• Slayer63
                          • Aug 2011

Ebay man. I just scored a bell moto 3 for like 20 bucks.

Comment

• purerockfury
                            • Mar 2011

i've had many mx helmets and by far i like my fox the best, little more expensive but definitely worth it. really good air venting & circulation, light weight and comfortable..night and day between an hjc and fox...think mines a v2 or v3 can't remember but it was around $200 like 3 years ago and it was a left over from the previous year so it was marked down but as most things you get what you pay for...

Comment

• RIPshitRIOT
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nosebleed
                              Fly Racing makes one called the Trekker that's cool and a couple of CC guys have had good things to say about them. Pretty sure it's www.flyracing.com
                              Yep. I got mine for around $125, if I remember correctly. It's the only fullface I've worn on the street, but I love it. I rode from San Francisco to Phoenix in a day and was plenty comfortable the whole time. And, it's got a regular shield, so you don't need to wear glasses or goggles, or carry clears with you for night riding.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;