Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kzcupcake1977
    • Oct 2011

Yep, I'm a JACKASS

I was getting onto I-5 today thinking I was pretty cool shit behind my husband and best friend on my scoot. Ya know that moment when your thinking man this is cool shit and really lay into it for some quick shifts? The breeze in in your face , the rocks in your face, the sun warming your skin. You really just feel like your shit really might be better than everybody else's, right up until you go to shift up and go down instead. My ego came down so quick that all I could see in the mirror were the remains of any dignity I once had going up like a box of tampons soaked in diesel. Once I caught up to the homies they were just shaking their little cocky heads in wonderment at my jackass like abilities. Needless to say I am humbled. The worst part is I have no excuse I was stone cold sober. After the ride however my whole clutch lever did roll right down into the hanging dead mans position that's always fun.
  • livingdeadmc
    • Apr 2024

Get a spree...and you'll put an end to your shifting problems

Comment

• kzcupcake1977
      • Oct 2011

Anyone that can say that they have never done stupid shit is either lying or hasn't been riding long enough. Spree? Are kidding me? It's a custom bike so it's not the average off the show room floor type. It is mine and I love it i just have to laugh and think dumb ass don't do that again. Spree? Really? Thats all you got?

Comment

• baconbutty
        • Dec 2011

That's the truth , the only problem is that you have to be honest enough to admit it . It's always a good laugh down the pub to get your indiscretions off your chest and too quite often find out one of your mates have done something very similar . One of my most embarrassing was trying to do a u turn in a tight up hill road on a foot clutch shovel ,at a charity run , foot got stuck under the right board so the bike toppled on top of me ,was a laugh . Couldn't do anything else as i was under the bike . The best bit was it was right out side the pub

Comment

• ThePete
          • Nov 2011

I pulled a really good one a while ago, I don't know what I was thinking, pulled into a dirt overflow parking lot on a hill (Balboa Naval Hospital) and decided that I didn't want to park there and needed to turn around put my foot down and wouldn't you know it hard pack with decomposed granite. I went down, the bike went down and my bad ass I'm cool factor took a back seat. Now I was just a fool on a purple motorcycle. I will say in my defense my boots are made for non-skid so they're almost totally smooth on bottom. Great for non-skid or rat trap pegs absolutely shitty for that moment. They're also shitty for asphalt and oil, but I'm pretty fond of them, they're bullet proof.

Hmmm sounds like bikes and turning around on hills isn't a good idea if you're going slow.
          Last edited by ThePete; 03-04-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
            • Dec 2011

Dropped my first bike, the first time I ever rode................turning around on top of a hill. Super embarrassing.

Then a bunch of drunks started cracking up. I looked up and realized there were a bunch of people in this garage that I was turning around in front of partying. So noob. It happened super slow too. Gently laid it down.

I got it up and the hell outta there pretty fast though.

I also got drunk and did a burn out in front of the bar late one night in like January. Went for the full monty smoke ring..........slipped on ice and dropped my bike into a pile of snow.
            Pulled it outta there and went back inside. "How not to do a burnout" bought my drinks for the rest of the night.

Comment

• ragnarok
              • Jan 2011

i eventually ended up making a street fighter for my first bike, while all of my friends were on 60HP jap bikes, i was on a more modern 1200 100HP jab bike.

Anyway they were telling me about this road that goes up into like steps, they were all riding up this road and doing sweet little jumps off of it.. BAD ASS! i thought.

so i wound that heavy breather 1200cc up to the top of 4th gear and WOOOSSHH off the hill i went..

I could tell by the looks on their faces that i WAY over shot it. I can remember my BMX instincts kicking in as i slightly leaned back and WHOMP my rear finally hit and up i sprang back up a bit SMACK the front end hit and i got a slight case of wobbles

I let the bike slow to a stop as i rolled up to them trying to look cool, nevermind mind that i was literally fighting the shit to go back up in my ass and not go flying down my leg.

one of my buddies dad's was laughing so hard he nearly dropped his bike and he said "wit dat rice rocket you gotta slow it down boi!" Advise taken...

Comment

• MTW
                • Apr 2011

I was riding my '71 Norton Commando with a buddy who was on a '73 Kawasaki Mach II. We decided to swap bikes for a little bit. We went tearing down a straight road. I had a brain fart while accelerating really hard. The Norton was right-side shift, one up and three down. The Kawa was left-side, one down and four up. I went to up shift on the Kawa around 50 mph and apparently forgot what bike I was on because I jammed on the rear brake! I slid around a little bit but kept it upright during my unscheduled stop. My buddy was sure to remind me every time we went for a ride what side the shifter was on.

Comment

• kzcupcake1977
                  • Oct 2011

This is why I posted this. I just assumed that i wasn't the only jackass out there. Maybe Jackass isn't the word more novice stunt rider? Anyway love the stories and want to hear more if nothing else to help me feel better about my indiscretions.

Comment

• MTW
                    • Apr 2011

Show me someone who says they've never botched a shift and I'll show you someone who is either a liar, has memory trouble, or has never ridden.

Comment

• Detale
                      • Jan 2012

Honestly, EVERYONE makes a mistake or a bad choice at times. I for one think it's a good thing. It keeps me grounded and makes me pay better attention to what I'm doing when riding which is something I'm sure we ALL should do more of. Too humble will only keep you safer, too cocky you will end up hurt. Maybe it's just me.

Comment

• 2stroketim
                        • Jan 2012

Watched one of my buddies go into the stealership for a new rice-burner.

Me: "Dude you really oughtta start out on something a little more upright and with less power."

Dude: "Nah, I'll take it slow, and it's not like I've never ridden before." (he has, a very little, one a very small bike)

Me: "Bro, check out this new Triumph! It looks like one of the desert sleds from back in the day! It would be perfect for you to start out on, then we could chop it up."

Dude: "Nah, I really like the looks of this GSXR."

Me: "He man, it's your deal, not mine, but I strongly suggest you get something smaller..."

Soooo.......dude does his thing, signs his life away etc. We're outside the dealer, and the shop-hand brings the bike out to go over controls with Dude.

Dude: "Yeah I know where all the stuff is. I'm good."

Me: "Dude, you know that bike is faster than shit right? The front wheel comes up pretty easy....and those new tires may be pretty slick."

Dude: "Fuck bro, I know what's goin down......" (As he starts the bike)

Me: "be careful man, it's gonna really fucking suck if I gotta trailer that bike home......."

Dude blips the throttle, pulls out into traffic, goes about 40 feet. All I hear is a VROOMVROOMVROOMVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM. BANG!!!!!

Dude flipped the bike no further than 50 feet from the dealers front door. I laughed as I was running to make sure he was ok, then trailered the busted, broken, fucked up, brand new bike home. Dude was fine, more ashamed than anything. I didn't even strap the bike down, just rolled it up on the trailer, laid it down, and drove home in (almost) silence.

Me: Damn man, that was fuckin funny. I told you that bike had some power.

Dude: "my girlfriend's gonna kill me."

Nothin like the old 10 thousand dollar wheelie/crash in front of the dealer.......

Comment

• gyro
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                          I also got drunk and did a burn out in front of the bar late one night in like January. Went for the full monty smoke ring..........slipped on ice and dropped my bike into a pile of snow.
                          Pulled it outta there and went back inside. "How not to do a burnout" bought my drinks for the rest of the night.
                          Damn dude!!! please tell me you got this video....

everytime I have dropped my bike or got fucked up it was always doing something dumb. oh well thats just how it works I guess. Ride slow die slow

Comment

• Detale
                            • Jan 2012

Im sure this is way more common than we think it is. Ego's are a dangerous thing.

Comment

• brach77
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 2stroketim
                              Watched one of my buddies go into the stealership for a new rice-burner.

Me: "Dude you really oughtta start out on something a little more upright and with less power."

Dude: "Nah, I'll take it slow, and it's not like I've never ridden before." (he has, a very little, one a very small bike)

Me: "Bro, check out this new Triumph! It looks like one of the desert sleds from back in the day! It would be perfect for you to start out on, then we could chop it up."

Dude: "Nah, I really like the looks of this GSXR."

Me: "He man, it's your deal, not mine, but I strongly suggest you get something smaller..."

Soooo.......dude does his thing, signs his life away etc. We're outside the dealer, and the shop-hand brings the bike out to go over controls with Dude.

Dude: "Yeah I know where all the stuff is. I'm good."

Me: "Dude, you know that bike is faster than shit right? The front wheel comes up pretty easy....and those new tires may be pretty slick."

Dude: "Fuck bro, I know what's goin down......" (As he starts the bike)

Me: "be careful man, it's gonna really fucking suck if I gotta trailer that bike home......."

Dude blips the throttle, pulls out into traffic, goes about 40 feet. All I hear is a VROOMVROOMVROOMVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM. BANG!!!!!

Dude flipped the bike no further than 50 feet from the dealers front door. I laughed as I was running to make sure he was ok, then trailered the busted, broken, fucked up, brand new bike home. Dude was fine, more ashamed than anything. I didn't even strap the bike down, just rolled it up on the trailer, laid it down, and drove home in (almost) silence.

Me: Damn man, that was fuckin funny. I told you that bike had some power.

Dude: "my girlfriend's gonna kill me."

Nothin like the old 10 thousand dollar wheelie/crash in front of the dealer.......
                              holy shit that has got to suck. As soon as I found out he was ok I would have laughed in his face and said I told you so.

a fool and his way to fast for him motorcycle are soon parted......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;