• Show
Clear All
  • CRFyou
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BillyT
    And some non working safety wire...

Must have gotten that from DNA, too.
    Hahaha!

People jump on my example, but glide over all the other dudes with broken fork legs, huge failures, etc.

I don't get it.

This shit is like religion. Totally not worth arguing over anymore. It's fun, but I just don't believe in DNA.

Check this out... If you own a DNA that is working, I get it. You're stoked! Awesome! Super Kewl! BOSS!

But for all the dudes that have broken forks in their garage, wasted their money, had to buy another springer etc. DNA sucks pretty bad for those recruits, right?!

Comment

• BillyT
      • Dec 2010

I'm not here to say that DNA is good shit... or bad shit... People have mixed reviews for sure.

I just didn't think your buddy busting his nut on a DNA was really evidence of either...

Comment

• BillyT
        • Dec 2010

Be cool honey bunny...

Comment

• BillySlicks
          • Sep 2009

I personally don't know what people expect. Its a 300 dollar springer.
          Your gonna get $300 worth of quality out of it. I personally have no bad experience. A few guys know I ride them.
          Shit One guy I know rode one from here (Vancouver Canada to California) and back and the thing is still holding.

I just don't get re-hashing the same damn discussion over and over again when people choose to run a $300 springer. It's simple don't expect $1000 quality for $700 less the price.

We get it, you either like them or you loathe them but this debate is fucking pointless. Again....

Comment

• CRFyou
            • Mar 2010

Pulp Fiction?

Hhahaha!

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Comment

• BillyT
              • Dec 2010

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                • Dec 2011

It's not a motorcycle baby. It's a chopper.

Comment

• Sunny
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notfondajane11
                  CUSTOM DNA SPRINGER..one off!!
                  FARK!!! Hope yer alright!

Comment

• budman1876
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                    It's not a motorcycle baby. It's a chopper.
                    Zeds dead baby.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                      • Dec 2011

That "Modded" DNA.....that was from a wreck right.

BTW...I only have a "D" stamped right next to my neck stem. Don't really care if it is, cuz it is what it is. And if it's a DNA then pray for me

I only ever heard of a DNA failing once as a side note in an article about "The Long Road" about a rear leg that cracked.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                        • Jul 2010

Fuck DNA... Enough said. If you want to argue it, I don't have a complaint department so you're fucked. They are cheap trash. It's like wanting a Transformer and getting a fucking Go Bot.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80
                          Fuck DNA... Enough said. If you want to argue it, I don't have a complaint department so you're fucked. They are cheap trash. It's like wanting a Transformer and getting a fucking Go Bot.
                          Well put.

Its like when a kid gets a GoBot and is all happy about his toy and enjoys it all summer.
                          Then he gets to school and a group of kids have Transformers. And the kids with Transformers say

"GoBots are cheap trash. They're made out of cheaper plastic overseas. And you didn't pay as much for it so it must be junk and Transformers are cool and GoBots are just fake toys that do the same thing only they don't have a "correct" storyline. And I heard that GoBots break real easy cuz I heard that and I know this kid who said that his friend.....he had a GoBot....and he lost it's gun when he was throwing it at a tree in the woods so it must be garbage. It's probably dangerous cuz somebody is gonna choke on the gun cuz they didn't secure it to the toy properly and so it's dangerous and so it isn't cool and we only like Transformers so we are gonna go play with our Transformers and be cool, cuz they're made out of quality toy-grade plastic and anyone willing to risk they're life after my buddy's friend lost the gun to his GoBot then you aren't cool."
                          To which the GoBot kids retort...
                          "I dunno. I bought it for a good price. I haven't lost any of the parts. I make sure I don't throw it at trees and have enjoyed it very much for what it was designed for. I have had no complaints other than the kids that have Transformers have bashed about the GoBots. Really, I didn't have any problems except that the kids with Transformers don't like them because they look like their toys but aren't and say that because of that they must be inferior even though many of them have not played with GoBots before and now even kids that have not had Transformers nor GoBots are saying that GoBot's aren't cool and that they're dangerous and stupid. It sucks that everyone has to talk crap and cause divisions on the playground. This is a stupid thing to argue about."

To which the Transformer's Kids say..."Nuh-uh".
                          And the GoBot's Kids say..."Yeah huh".
                          And so on and so on until the recess teacher comes over and says....
                          "There's plenty of places to go on complaining about how stupid somebody else's parts are in this 'Big ol playground' we have but the 'Show pics of your Modded DNA' thread isn't one of them. You kids are dumb and this argument is played out. This thread is lame."

And all the kids without GoBot's or Transformers go forth and share what they had heard about the life-threatening, poorly made, chinese action figures that the cool kids with Transformers said are stupid. And then they proceed to rock the same Thundercats or Ninja Turtles with Tbars and play with their toys and have fun......

Until the cool kids with vintage GI Joes come and say that
                          "AMF Harley Davidson was garbage and they stopped making real motorcycles in 69' and unless you are rolling a genuine Wishbone frame and an I-Beam springer you aren't cool."

Dig it?

Can I get a "D-O-N-E"?!?

Comment

• Hooligan80
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                            Well put.

Its like when a kid gets a GoBot and is all happy about his toy and enjoys it all summer.
                            Then he gets to school and a group of kids have Transformers. And the kids with Transformers say

"GoBots are cheap trash. They're made out of cheaper plastic overseas. And you didn't pay as much for it so it must be junk and Transformers are cool and GoBots are just fake toys that do the same thing only they don't have a "correct" storyline. And I heard that GoBots break real easy cuz I heard that and I know this kid who said that his friend.....he had a GoBot....and he lost it's gun when he was throwing it at a tree in the woods so it must be garbage. It's probably dangerous cuz somebody is gonna choke on the gun cuz they didn't secure it to the toy properly and so it's dangerous and so it isn't cool and we only like Transformers so we are gonna go play with our Transformers and be cool, cuz they're made out of quality toy-grade plastic and anyone willing to risk they're life after my buddy's friend lost the gun to his GoBot then you aren't cool."
                            To which the GoBot kids retort...
                            "I dunno. I bought it for a good price. I haven't lost any of the parts. I make sure I don't throw it at trees and have enjoyed it very much for what it was designed for. I have had no complaints other than the kids that have Transformers have bashed about the GoBots. Really, I didn't have any problems except that the kids with Transformers don't like them because they look like their toys but aren't and say that because of that they must be inferior even though many of them have not played with GoBots before and now even kids that have not had Transformers nor GoBots are saying that GoBot's aren't cool and that they're dangerous and stupid. It sucks that everyone has to talk crap and cause divisions on the playground. This is a stupid thing to argue about."

To which the Transformer's Kids say..."Nuh-uh".
                            And the GoBot's Kids say..."Yeah huh".
                            And so on and so on until the recess teacher comes over and says....
                            "There's plenty of places to go on complaining about how stupid somebody else's parts are in this 'Big ol playground' we have but the 'Show pics of your Modded DNA' thread isn't one of them. You kids are dumb and this argument is played out. This thread is lame."

And all the kids without GoBot's or Transformers go forth and share what they had heard about the life-threatening, poorly made, chinese action figures that the cool kids with Transformers said are stupid. And then they proceed to rock the same Thundercats or Ninja Turtles with Tbars and play with their toys and have fun......

Until the cool kids with vintage GI Joes come and say that
                            "AMF Harley Davidson was garbage and they stopped making real motorcycles in 69' and unless you are rolling a genuine Wishbone frame and an I-Beam springer you aren't cool."

Dig it?

Can I get a "D-O-N-E"?!?
                            Well, I just bought an AMF Harley, the last year of AMF actually, and DNA's are still trash. I've seen one in person, and they are actually quite flimsy compared to most other springers. I never bought one, because everyone, and I mean everyone I know that i9s running a springer said they are shit quality and bad news all around.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
                              • Sep 2010

I remember seeing a DNA dealer flyer last year, and dlr cost on a standard length was like, $259!!!! I've seen them used on bikes before, and yes, the axle nuts like to fall off! And they're loud, they flex like a motherfucker, and spring bolts like to break.....sorry of the OP wanted to see pics of modded DNA springers, and instead got an earful....but yes, they are shit! Fucking garbage! Save your pennies and buy a solid American product, backed up by people who test and use them and actually speak English when you have a question.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                                • Dec 2011

You got new bike? Awesome dude. Total thread jack here but that's cool man.
                                Congrats. Easy bikes to play with. You gonna do a build thread?
                                Get some wind in your hair yet or does it need work still?
                                Naturally I wasn't talkin trash about AMF bikes....just proving a point.
                                Also I run a DNA....I think. And I have no complaints as subtly explained in my previous post.

Haven't had any flexing I can tell. Springs are good. I run Red Loctite on EVERYTHING....including front axle nut, so it hadn't been an issue.

Everything that isn't LOC'd down shakes off on a rigid. At least my experience.

BTW: I got my front end at a swapmeet with a bunch of other stuff in a package deal so that's why I don't know what it is exactly. But I can't really tell the difference between it and a MidUsa or whatever the other one is. I guess it's the design of the rear legs that look shady compared to the traditional "builder's springer" of rods through a plate/triple tree.
                                Last edited by Bandersnatch; 03-15-2012, 1:18 PM. Reason: other stuff.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;