Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. #41
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Fuck DNA... Enough said. If you want to argue it, I don't have a complaint department so you're fucked. They are cheap trash. It's like wanting a Transformer and getting a fucking Go Bot.

  2. #42
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan80 View Post
    Fuck DNA... Enough said. If you want to argue it, I don't have a complaint department so you're fucked. They are cheap trash. It's like wanting a Transformer and getting a fucking Go Bot.
    Well put.


    Its like when a kid gets a GoBot and is all happy about his toy and enjoys it all summer.
    Then he gets to school and a group of kids have Transformers. And the kids with Transformers say


    "GoBots are cheap trash. They're made out of cheaper plastic overseas. And you didn't pay as much for it so it must be junk and Transformers are cool and GoBots are just fake toys that do the same thing only they don't have a "correct" storyline. And I heard that GoBots break real easy cuz I heard that and I know this kid who said that his friend.....he had a GoBot....and he lost it's gun when he was throwing it at a tree in the woods so it must be garbage. It's probably dangerous cuz somebody is gonna choke on the gun cuz they didn't secure it to the toy properly and so it's dangerous and so it isn't cool and we only like Transformers so we are gonna go play with our Transformers and be cool, cuz they're made out of quality toy-grade plastic and anyone willing to risk they're life after my buddy's friend lost the gun to his GoBot then you aren't cool."
    To which the GoBot kids retort...
    "I dunno. I bought it for a good price. I haven't lost any of the parts. I make sure I don't throw it at trees and have enjoyed it very much for what it was designed for. I have had no complaints other than the kids that have Transformers have bashed about the GoBots. Really, I didn't have any problems except that the kids with Transformers don't like them because they look like their toys but aren't and say that because of that they must be inferior even though many of them have not played with GoBots before and now even kids that have not had Transformers nor GoBots are saying that GoBot's aren't cool and that they're dangerous and stupid. It sucks that everyone has to talk crap and cause divisions on the playground. This is a stupid thing to argue about."

    To which the Transformer's Kids say..."Nuh-uh".
    And the GoBot's Kids say..."Yeah huh".
    And so on and so on until the recess teacher comes over and says....
    "There's plenty of places to go on complaining about how stupid somebody else's parts are in this 'Big ol playground' we have but the 'Show pics of your Modded DNA' thread isn't one of them. You kids are dumb and this argument is played out. This thread is lame."

    And all the kids without GoBot's or Transformers go forth and share what they had heard about the life-threatening, poorly made, chinese action figures that the cool kids with Transformers said are stupid. And then they proceed to rock the same Thundercats or Ninja Turtles with Tbars and play with their toys and have fun......

    Until the cool kids with vintage GI Joes come and say that
    "AMF Harley Davidson was garbage and they stopped making real motorcycles in 69' and unless you are rolling a genuine Wishbone frame and an I-Beam springer you aren't cool."

    Dig it?

    Can I get a "D-O-N-E"?!?

  3. #43
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    Well put.


    Its like when a kid gets a GoBot and is all happy about his toy and enjoys it all summer.
    Then he gets to school and a group of kids have Transformers. And the kids with Transformers say


    "GoBots are cheap trash. They're made out of cheaper plastic overseas. And you didn't pay as much for it so it must be junk and Transformers are cool and GoBots are just fake toys that do the same thing only they don't have a "correct" storyline. And I heard that GoBots break real easy cuz I heard that and I know this kid who said that his friend.....he had a GoBot....and he lost it's gun when he was throwing it at a tree in the woods so it must be garbage. It's probably dangerous cuz somebody is gonna choke on the gun cuz they didn't secure it to the toy properly and so it's dangerous and so it isn't cool and we only like Transformers so we are gonna go play with our Transformers and be cool, cuz they're made out of quality toy-grade plastic and anyone willing to risk they're life after my buddy's friend lost the gun to his GoBot then you aren't cool."
    To which the GoBot kids retort...
    "I dunno. I bought it for a good price. I haven't lost any of the parts. I make sure I don't throw it at trees and have enjoyed it very much for what it was designed for. I have had no complaints other than the kids that have Transformers have bashed about the GoBots. Really, I didn't have any problems except that the kids with Transformers don't like them because they look like their toys but aren't and say that because of that they must be inferior even though many of them have not played with GoBots before and now even kids that have not had Transformers nor GoBots are saying that GoBot's aren't cool and that they're dangerous and stupid. It sucks that everyone has to talk crap and cause divisions on the playground. This is a stupid thing to argue about."

    To which the Transformer's Kids say..."Nuh-uh".
    And the GoBot's Kids say..."Yeah huh".
    And so on and so on until the recess teacher comes over and says....
    "There's plenty of places to go on complaining about how stupid somebody else's parts are in this 'Big ol playground' we have but the 'Show pics of your Modded DNA' thread isn't one of them. You kids are dumb and this argument is played out. This thread is lame."

    And all the kids without GoBot's or Transformers go forth and share what they had heard about the life-threatening, poorly made, chinese action figures that the cool kids with Transformers said are stupid. And then they proceed to rock the same Thundercats or Ninja Turtles with Tbars and play with their toys and have fun......

    Until the cool kids with vintage GI Joes come and say that
    "AMF Harley Davidson was garbage and they stopped making real motorcycles in 69' and unless you are rolling a genuine Wishbone frame and an I-Beam springer you aren't cool."

    Dig it?

    Can I get a "D-O-N-E"?!?
    Well, I just bought an AMF Harley, the last year of AMF actually, and DNA's are still trash. I've seen one in person, and they are actually quite flimsy compared to most other springers. I never bought one, because everyone, and I mean everyone I know that i9s running a springer said they are shit quality and bad news all around.

  4. #44
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    637

    Default

    I remember seeing a DNA dealer flyer last year, and dlr cost on a standard length was like, $259!!!! I've seen them used on bikes before, and yes, the axle nuts like to fall off! And they're loud, they flex like a motherfucker, and spring bolts like to break.....sorry of the OP wanted to see pics of modded DNA springers, and instead got an earful....but yes, they are shit! Fucking garbage! Save your pennies and buy a solid American product, backed up by people who test and use them and actually speak English when you have a question.

  5. #45
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    You got new bike? Awesome dude. Total thread jack here but that's cool man.
    Congrats. Easy bikes to play with. You gonna do a build thread?
    Get some wind in your hair yet or does it need work still?
    Naturally I wasn't talkin trash about AMF bikes....just proving a point.
    Also I run a DNA....I think. And I have no complaints as subtly explained in my previous post.

    Haven't had any flexing I can tell. Springs are good. I run Red Loctite on EVERYTHING....including front axle nut, so it hadn't been an issue.

    Everything that isn't LOC'd down shakes off on a rigid. At least my experience.

    BTW: I got my front end at a swapmeet with a bunch of other stuff in a package deal so that's why I don't know what it is exactly. But I can't really tell the difference between it and a MidUsa or whatever the other one is. I guess it's the design of the rear legs that look shady compared to the traditional "builder's springer" of rods through a plate/triple tree.
    Last edited by Bandersnatch; 03-15-2012 at 1:18 PM. Reason: other stuff.

  6. #46
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    637

    Default

    The Mid USA "hardbody" springer is almost the same as DNA, the front lgs are a bit beefier, but still Chinese.

  7. #47
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    I love how the thread's name was changed.

    And yet nobody rips Mid USA "hardbody" springer owners a new one.

    "Whoa Jack, lay offa me....can't you tell this ain't no DNA! It's a MidUsa! Note the axle nuts.....they're attached."

  8. #48
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    I love how the thread's name was changed.

    And yet nobody rips Mid USA "hardbody" springer owners a new one.

    "Whoa Jack, lay offa me....can't you tell this ain't no DNA! It's a MidUsa! Note the axle nuts.....they're attached."
    Calm down, I wasnt ripping on you or your springer, just saying the MID USA "hardbody" (that's what they call it, by the way) is also Chinese outsourced. And trying to explain WHY the DNAs suck.

  9. #49
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Haha, No dude I'm not being serious. I just think that it's funny there are like 5 different "brands" of the same springer and DNA is the "trash" one.
    Like I said. I can't really see a difference except the Paughco rear leg's "tree" is a lil thicker and curved but they share the same "weakness" from what I can tell.
    Which is why it'd be funny for a dude with a MidUSA to be offended if it were mistaken as a DNA.

  10. #50
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    361

    Default

    I don't think there's much of a way to modify a DNA to make it truly reliable. Just considering the inferior metal the Chinese use, even if you modify springs, front legs, etc., the rest of it is still born from an inferior product. A lot of guys talk about tools from Harbor Freight being "disposable", and "if it breaks, I'll just buy another". Well, I prefer not to think of essential suspension pieces in the same light. If someone has good luck with them, or has modified them and been successful, more power to ya. Not my cup of tea to start with that kinda product and try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

  11. #51
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    371

    Default

    I've had but one experience with a DNA springer. My old boss had one on his dyna. Is been on there a few years. He runs a shop so he is super stringent on upkeep. He's never had problem one with it. Its like running an ironhead...alot of people says the are sorry and always break down. Our seems mostly, at least to me, that its all in the owners upkeep. Zeng

  12. #52
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Got some pics

    Alright. I did an image search originally to pull up the three brands that look the same and found a thread on a different forum that actually had some modified DNAs. Anyway so here's some pics....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And here's a Paughco, MidUsa, and a Paugco Narrow...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I actually dig the way that milled one looks. Maybe this winter if I don't find a Harley 6+over.

  13. #53
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    I love how the thread's name was changed.

    And yet nobody rips Mid USA "hardbody" springer owners a new one.

    "Whoa Jack, lay offa me....can't you tell this ain't no DNA! It's a MidUsa! Note the axle nuts.....they're attached."
    I've never even seen a MIdUSA springer. I've seen plenty of Paughco springers, a few Sugar Bear springers, a few Denver springers, and those are all still running and riding to this day

  14. #54
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,010

    Default

    To me, front ends are like space shuttles.

    If one fails and breaks apart...It's like, WTF!?!?! Oh my god! Are you kidding me?!?! Did you fucking see that?!!?! Jesus Christ monkey balls!!!

    If two break... Okay, I need to invoke the powerful words of President George W. Bush...
    "Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again."

    Just like we retired out shuttle fleet that had 2 catastrophic disasters, let's retire the DNA fleet. Some worked some did not.

    You ever ride on the freeway, doing 80, look down and wonder what would happen if your fork went full on Palestinian Bomber on you??

    Fuck that.

  15. #55
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I think they look like shit, even if they worked i wouldent run one.
    Would rather save up and buy a good one.

  16. #56
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Does that broken one look like a Paughco? It looks like the bottom "tree" is curved like a Paughco........
    BTW the three smaller pics are to show the similarities....the top one is a Paughco, the middle is a MidUSA hardbody, and the bottom one is a Paughco Narrow. And the top two are DNA.

  17. #57
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    371

    Default

    I think the fact that they are ugly is why the dude wanted modded pics. It takes balls and know how to polish a turd good and right

  18. #58
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Atleast it hasn't turned into pics of some dudes nuts.

  19. #59
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    I'll be a sonofa B.


    My front axle nut was loose today. That loctite held for about 1year.

  20. #60
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    715

    Default

    that is scary to hear. I may drill a hole through mine to add a split pin to avoid eating pavement.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
NEWS   FORUM   EVENTS   CLASSIFIEDS   BLOGDUMP   COMMUNITY   MEMBERS
CHOP CULT HOME

Advertise    |    Contact    |    2009ChopCult    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct

Chopcult on Facebook