Hassled by the man .....for something I alleged did a week ago.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poopie
    • Jan 2012

Put logic to use and ask yourself if you have the time and money to pursue a win in the courts? What has the potential of costing you more in the end? The system isn't built for appeals it's built for processing, so if your truly innocent, the system will not work in your favor... I've run into 2 dickhead cops in my life, the other 10 were cool as shit. It's life. Ride it...

Comment

• bonesxl1100
      • Oct 2010

Pride tells me to fight it if it were me. But it's probably just best to let this one go. Now if something similar happens again with the same cop then I would make it my life's purpose to fuck his shit up.

Comment

• UncleMonkey
        • Jan 2012

Shitty deal. I get along with most cops but there are a lot of pricks out there. Sounds like a biker is fucking his old lady or his daughter and he was looking for pay back. Go to court. If the biker was going as fast as he is claiming it is pretty hard to see a tag. If he has a camera he should have to bring the evidence to trail. At worst it would be a flash of a bike going by. You might not win but you might not lose either. Then file a complaint either way.

Comment

• Spade115
          • May 2010

ask about seeing the tape, open records as long as it dosnt involve a current case you should be able to see it as well.

Comment

• 81xs650
            • Feb 2010

In my opinion, It is a bullshit reason to pull you over, therefore so is the insurance and inspection tickets. If I was you, I think I would go pick your cop buddy's brain and see what he suggests you do. He would know the in and outs as it were, and if he works with the guy he should be able to give you an idea on how much of a douchbag the guy is going to be over it. best of luck to you

Comment

• AngryJohnny
              • Jul 2011

There's no way out of the insurance violation. He got you on that one. Go to court and show your card and they'll waive the fine, but you'll still have to pay "court costs".. a scam to be sure, but that how it works.

As far as the "move over" violation. You can win that one. Especially since he admitted "you" were wearing a copper helmet. Without stopping you at the time of the offense, he cannot definitively prove it was you under that helmet. If a vehicle owner loans his car out to a friend and the friend gets a ticket for a moving violation, the cop can't issue the ticket to the owner of the vehicle... they issue it to the operator of the vehicle.
              They can issue tickets like inspection and tags to the owner of the vehicle, but for a moving violation, the ticket goes to the operator.. not the owner.
              So if the cop cannot prove it was you under that helmet and not a friend who looked like you, who borrowed your bike & helmet.. even if he did in fact see the license plate and it was in fact your vehicle... you should win on that violation... the judge will most likely waive your fine.. and then make you make you pay the "court costs"..a scam to be sure, but that's how it works.

Must be your neck of the woods, Salty. There was another thread on here a while back, where I described how a cop pulled out across three lanes of trafffic without looking to see if it was clear, taking my lane from me and almost taking me out in the process, and then pulled me over after I swerved, hammered it, and then swerved right back in front of him to take back my lane that he took away from me... That happened in Jacksboro..lol.. freakin' hicktown cops!
              Last edited by AngryJohnny; 03-05-2012, 2:05 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• ARBY
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by AngryJohnny
                As far as the "move over" violation. You can win that one. Especially since he admitted "you" were wearing a copper helmet. Without stopping you at the time of the offense, he cannot definitively prove it was you under that helmet....

But there's nothing to "Win" on that. No citation was issued just a warning. If the officer claims he wrote down the tag at the time of the initial infraction then later saw a person/vehicle matching that description (copper helmet) he can check to see if the vehicle tag matches. When it does, he can perform an investigative stop. If the O.P. had stated, "But officer, that was somebody else on my bike last week" that wouldn't mean a darn thing. The only thing that might do is place "reasonable doubt" in the mind of the officer who should then not cite for that previous offense - which he didn't. But, he will have already gotten the ID and vehicle info and would be allowed to take action on the newly discovered violations and cite the owner/operator which he did do.. As long as there is probable cause for a stop it's game on for what ever else the officer can find that is contrary to the law. Now, had nothing else had been in violation then Salty would have been on his way. It's not the cop's fault that things were not as they should be.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying that that's the way it is. 90% of the cops out there today are not dummies. They know EXACTLY what the laws are, they know the legislative intent of those laws and they definitely know their statutory authority to enforce those laws.

Comment

• AngryJohnny
                  • Jul 2011

Oh yeah. I just went back and re-read the firts post.. I thought he said the cop had given him a citation for the moving violation. ..and yeah cops can pretty much pull anyone over any time they like. They can just say, "It looked like your blinker bulb was burned out" and then stop you, run a check, and search anything within your reach, and then get you for anything they can find.

For the insurance you won't need to go before a judge, Salty. You can just take your car to the cout clerk, she'll waive the fine, then she'll charge you for the court costs. . then just do your best at avoiding that cop.
                  If your cop riding buddy can't convince the guy to ease up, then you should file a complaint with the chief of police, if the guy doesn't let up. They do not like dealing that kind of thing, and the cop will most likely hear about it from his supervisor. I've done that a couple of times when I've seen cops blatently break the traffic laws wthout a justifiable reason for doing so.

Comment

• ShovelEd
                    • Mar 2010

^^^^^^^ +1000000000

Comment

• Saltytonk
                      • Mar 2011

Like I say my bad on inspection and not haveing the card on me, They will get thrown out. I just dont like him looking for me.

Now I'm catching hell from all my "stock" rideing buddies...."See what you get for "chopping" stuff and wearing that weirdo helmet." .........

Comment

• Saltytonk
                        • Mar 2011

Went and got the bike inspected $14.50. Took the receipt for inspection and my insurance card to city hall. Got it all dismissed with a $20 dismissal fee.

So I'm putting this ticket in a safe place and waiting to see if this dick stops me every time he sees me. Will keep a paper trail on his Fife ass.

Comment

• jbone357
                          • Oct 2011

"Damn punk kids, with their rock and roll music and hopped up motor scooters!!"

Comment

• xllance
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by AngryJohnny
                            There's no way out of the insurance violation. He got you on that one. Go to court and show your card and they'll waive the fine, but you'll still have to pay "court costs".. a scam to be sure, but that how it works.

As far as the "move over" violation. You can win that one. Especially since he admitted "you" were wearing a copper helmet. Without stopping you at the time of the offense, he cannot definitively prove it was you under that helmet. If a vehicle owner loans his car out to a friend and the friend gets a ticket for a moving violation, the cop can't issue the ticket to the owner of the vehicle... they issue it to the operator of the vehicle.
                            They can issue tickets like inspection and tags to the owner of the vehicle, but for a moving violation, the ticket goes to the operator.. not the owner.
                            So if the cop cannot prove it was you under that helmet and not a friend who looked like you, who borrowed your bike & helmet.. even if he did in fact see the license plate and it was in fact your vehicle... you should win on that violation... the judge will most likely waive your fine.. and then make you make you pay the "court costs"..a scam to be sure, but that's how it works.

Must be your neck of the woods, Salty. There was another thread on here a while back, where I described how a cop pulled out across three lanes of trafffic without looking to see if it was clear, taking my lane from me and almost taking me out in the process, and then pulled me over after I swerved, hammered it, and then swerved right back in front of him to take back my lane that he took away from me... That happened in Jacksboro..lol.. freakin' hicktown cops!
                            That's funny it happened in Jacksboro. Only about 30 miles from where all this took place. I assume you mean Jacksboro Tx. Can't see too many places called "Jack-ass-boro" !!

Wouldn't it be a trip for the cop if about 10 guys had copper Biltwells ......
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2012, 9:53 PM.

Comment

• Spade115
                              • May 2010

Jacksboro Copper Helmet Run, Grab a lot of people to ride around town with the same helmet.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by brach77
                                I would go to court and make him prove it was me. then I would file a complaint agents him for harassment.
                                That right there is truth. Unless he caught you on camera a week before, or had some physical evidence that it was you that blew by him, he had no right pulling you over and it is harassment. His word doesn't actually mean anything.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;