Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cannonballcustomcycles
    • Mar 2012

04-06 sportster 1200 stripped wiring diagram HELP

First off I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and I own and operate Cannonball Custom Cycles out of Redding California. I am new to posting on the site however I have been a lurker around here for a while.
    I am doing a rigid frame 04 sportster 1200 bobber build for a customer right now and I am having a hell of a time finding a stripped down wiring diagram/schematic anywhere. The more stripped down the better.
    If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Ryan
  • Jeffco
    • Dec 2011

One of the common questions I hear quite a bit is "How do I get rid of all the bullshit wiring on my Evo Sportster"? It's really not rocket science, especially on earlier ones but it can be intimidating to hack up the bundle of perfectly operating wires just for the sake of getting the bare-bones aesthetic. For

Comment

• cannonballcustomcycles
      • Mar 2012

Thanks Jeffco, will this work for the 2004? I was under the impression the 2004-2006 non efi was different that the earlier bikes. Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

• shitbike
        • Aug 2011

I am in the same boat on my 06. Theres a ton of info on 03 and older, and 07 and newer, but not much at all for 04-06. I'm going as bare as possible (key and start switch), but wiring is chinese to me.

Comment

• cannonballcustomcycles
          • Mar 2012

Yeah Shitbike, I am looking for the same thing, just the bare minimum on wiring.

Comment

• Saltytonk
            • Mar 2011

sorry not any help other than I can confirm the wireing on 04-06 xl is different. there is nothing in the nose cone. no rotor no sensor. there is a crank position sensor on front of the engine by the oil filter.it has an ignition module under the seat, a bank angle sensor and a map sensor. my suggestion would be to find all these componants aling with statot and voltage regulator, and keep all these wires intact and run your own circuits for lights.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;