Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ContractKiller
    • Feb 2012

Tips on building a beefy frame to handle 2-up

I'm working on a bike for myself and I'm sorting out the frame and suspension. Everything is getting built from the ground up and I want to make sure the bike will handle not only my weight but my wife's as well. I'm a hefty 300+ so my weight alone is pushing the limits of most bikes which is why I'm asking.
  • GummoYuckmouth
    • Jan 2011

Im an asshole......

Ive never heard of frames having a weight limit but you might try calling Jenny Craig.

Comment

• AfterHours
      • Jul 2009

Dude, if you're that concerned just buy a built frame. I think we'd all say building one yourself is cool but that's not a part to learn with. Frames are cheap anyways, and it's easy to register something with an MSO. There's a reason we keep frame builders in business.

if you're just talking about an existing frame, no worries, hefty aftermarket shocks and go. HD has based it's business on heavy people - nothing new there.

Comment

• turtlem1969
        • Sep 2010

I would start by using either inch and a half or two dom tubing, and a couple extra supports and should be good to go.

Comment

• ContractKiller
          • Feb 2012

Who says I'm building a Harley??

I'm not exactly building my first frame, I just haven't built one for this situation. I could go to Jenny Craig, sure, but they're no fun, telling me I can't have my beloved BBQ. Fuck them. And yes, every bike has a weight limit they can handle. Even Harleys.

Originally posted by turtlem1969
          I would start by using either inch and a half or two dom tubing, and a couple extra supports and should be good to go.
          Cool. Thanks for the help.
          Last edited by ContractKiller; 03-01-2012, 4:32 PM.

Comment

• calicruiser
            • Aug 2009

bike don't have weight limits BEYOND the ordinary. If you throw 2 500lb fatties on one, yes the tires might give out but i doubt the frame would. Gusset the sucker, use the typical 120 wall DOM 1 1/8- 1 1/2 tubing.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;