Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrkil
    • Dec 2010

just buy a roller hardtail. Isn't a blast motor just half a sporty motor?

Comment

• Spade115
      • May 2010

nope, I know Dan Collins built the Booby trap for his wife. (Amazing bike) but it had to do with ALOT of welding,

Its not a plug n play type of bike. Found out Voodoo Vintage out of Austin Tx (whoo TX!) is going to start making blast frames, which is nice, I wanted to buy another blast to chop if I managed to do one first. lol
      Last edited by Spade115; 02-29-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
        • Dec 2011

Callem up. Tellum yer Spade 115 from Chop Cult.......You didn't wanna say anything but.......Yer kind of a big deal. And then they will definitely sell you a prototype frame for dirt cheap. And you will spread the glory that is their frame to fellow motorcycle enthusiasts across the wild wonder world of innernet.

Comment

• Spade115
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
          Callem up. Tellum yer Spade 115 from Chop Cult.......You didn't wanna say anything but.......Yer kind of a big deal. And then they will definitely sell you a prototype frame for dirt cheap. And you will spread the glory that is their frame to fellow motorcycle enthusiasts across the wild wonder world of innernet.
          I ever win the lotto im buying you a bike

Thats funny as hell man. But I have them added on FB, they know im poor

Its cool though gotta stay positive.

Comment

• Madav8tr
            • Apr 2024

Blast motor sure looks similar to the engine my XB chopper, minus the rear cylinder of course. That said, a lot of welding and fabricating is going to be needed on almost any frame so might as well get one that will require the least amount of fabricating AFTER the motor is installed. My Buell XB Chop uses a Bare Knuckle Chopper frame and I bet the engine mounting is similar enough that little modification would be required in a XB style frame.

Comment

• Spade115
              • May 2010

Ill take a piure of the bottom of the bike where i was planning on connecting the frame.

Comment

• Anvil
                • Sep 2011

Rotax?

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                There's a Johnny Pag in the window of the tattoo shop next to the liquor store. They're askin 2,800 for it. It's got all the sweet parts, looks real clean. It's just got some no name motor that's 300cc. I'm sure I would bend that thing, But I guess I did see a guy on one and thought it was a pretty rad bike. Then I couldn't recognize the motor and that put me off. Maybe for my OL, but she says she wants me to pick up a Harley Hummer for her.

Anyway, if your blast motor fits in a sportster frame then go that route. Or even for that kind of money (Johhny Pag), keep yer eyes open for a whole other bike. You'd be happier if you built it yourself instead of explaining to people it was a JP that you swapped a blast motor into. Everyone would just be like "Huh? Is that a triumph?" anyway. I did see a rad video of a Buell Blast "bobber" in a rigid frame somewhere that looked and sounded awesome.
                Look real close that might be a Rotax engine they make mills for snomobiles and now there are more than a few guys running them in ulta-light airplanes...

I've seen more than a few Pagster's running Rotax engines.

If it is you can probably get more than a few bucks back selling it off to someone building an ultra-light or powered para glider.

Comment

• Spade115
                  • May 2010

The motors a LIfan from my understanding. a knock off of a knockoff. but if you could mount a BMW single in there its suppose to be like 85 hp

Comment

• UncleMonkey
                    • Jan 2012

Sounds like you are shoe stringing it. Best advice for the cheapest and quickest way is to sell the Blast and put that money with the money you have for a roller together and buy a complete bike.

You can either build a bike quick or cheap. Not both.

Comment

• Detale
                      • Jan 2012

I agree sell the motor and pick up a small bike. You can get a Honda rebel 250 for cheap. I love mine the thing is bullet proof!

Comment

• Spade115
                        • May 2010

Thats the same reason I havnt sold the blast lol

Ive had an 86 sportster that would break down every saturday, rode a roadking i nearly destroyed in 9 months, and my kz550 was reliable but sold that to help parents pay bills.

The blast has actually been the most reliable bike ive ever owned and thats kind of scary. just with more frames out there for it. Found out about Voodoo vintage through bikermetric and they are going to start producing frames for the blast. so if that happens ill start collecting parts I cant weld so bolt on frame is my friend right now. lol

Comment

• UncleMonkey
                          • Jan 2012

I'm not knocking the Blast. It is a great bike but you are not going to build a bike in a weekend. You have to be honest with how long can you live without a bike. A weekend, a week, a couple of weeks, month, longer. Figure at least a month of down time to build a bike. There are lots of brackets and tabs that have to be welded, removed, relocated not to mention parts that you'll have to source elsewhere so plan on having deep pockets to have it finished in a month.
                          If you want a chopper now - buy one. If you can wait slowly collect the parts over time to build one and sell the Blast when the other one is done. Otherwise come to terms that you may be without a bike for possibly a long time.

As for the Pag Barhog around here they are not DOT approved. Guys ride them because they go 125cc and smaller and call it a moped. Check with your local DMV. Stick with a reputable builder and save some heartbreak. Tell them what you have and what you want to do. I assumed the Blast had Sporty mounts but it sounds here that might not be the case.

Comment

• Spade115
                            • May 2010

no sportster mounts which is why I had originally looked at GS motor co, they made a blast frame direct bolt on, but they are out of buisness and have found a shop or two that are planning on making blast specific frames so thats the route I will be going.

Comment

• Detale
                              • Jan 2012

Oh yeah the blast is great also. i was just figuring money wise. Whats a new frame gonna cost along with the parts needed. Factor that in with the time and energy spent it may be worth it to look for something else is all I was saying. If you still want your blast by all means man, just post pics of the progress. I eat that shit up.

Comment

• worn
                                • Apr 2024

There was a Pag bike at Heavy Duty here in Toronto to repair cracks at the axle plates and in the down tubes under the steering head.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;