Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frankenfab
    • Mar 2010

odd situation

So.. I'm working in the shop on Friday. Hear the customary bike rapppppppp out and smash sound out front.
    Run outside and a dude had hit some sand or something and highsided in traffic in front.
    Helped him out of the road... got his bike to the side and chilled out with him while the cops/ambulance came. Looked like he had a dislocated shoulder or a broken shoulder... but no concussion etc. He had good gear on.
    So the cop tells me they are going to transport him for his shoulder. So.. I offer to the guy to just put his bike in my garage so he doesn't have to deal with tow/impound. He was stoked on that.. wrote my information down (with a cop notepad and pen no less) and gave it to him along with the key.... Moved the bike in the garage.

So, at this point its been about four days and i've heard nothing from the dude? Doesn't that seem a bit strange????
  • felon
    • Oct 2011

when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.

Comment

• UncleMonkey
      • Jan 2012

Seems odd. Might have been more hurt then you thought. I'm assuming the cops know the bike is in your shop so if it was stolen it should come around. Otherwise he might figure biker helping biker. Keep an ear out. Maybe he lost your number, maybe you just got another bike.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
        • Sep 2010

Dude, that's cool that ya helped him out! Maybe he needed surgery or some shit, lost your info, had a warrant out...etc. I'd say give a day or two yet, then try to contact him through the hospital or through the cops, I'm sure they got his info.

Comment

• Ansutton21
          • May 2011

Are we gonna see a build thread soon?

Comment

• Pendulum
            • Jul 2011

Hey man, that's my bike... I ended up on a 4 day acid binge and I'm in Arizona now. PM me for shipping info. You can cover the shipping cost too right?

Seriously though, that's cool that you helped him out. You'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

Comment

• Spade115
              • May 2010

thats awesome that you helped out man karma is going to pay you 10 folds but I have to agree maybe it was something more then just his shoulder.

Comment

• CRFyou
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by felon
                when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.
                Hahahaha!

Comment

• Allen
                  • Apr 2024

There's always just calling the PD and asking, hey, YOU GUYS said you were going to contact me with the Rider info and you haven't done it yet... I gave officer so and so, my info on his pad with his pen, and still I've heard nada. When are YOU going to do your job????

Four days is nothing when you cant hold your dick to pee.

Comment

• bobbystat
                    • Feb 2012

Probably telling ya somethin ya already know but whatever.

If he leaves the bike for an extended time, I believe you can do a lien sale to yourself. You have proof the guy left it at your place and at least here in CA you can charge up to $40/day for a storage fee. If the dude doesn't come back for it, he essentially abandons it and you can sell it (to yourself) to pay the storage fees racked up.

Now dont fuck with your karma and do this to a guy who's just been down and needs to patch bacl up, but if you dont hear from this guy for a month or two, go for it!

Comment

• Frankenfab
                      • Mar 2010

Yup.. a buddy brought up the lien thing... Totally not my style though. just wanted to help the guy out in a rough time. I figure I'll let it sit in the corner a few months and if nothing comes about by then, call the fuzz and see what they say. I doubt it's hot being that their were cops on the scene/one helped me push..

Just seems weird. Hope duder is alright.. Given the crash style with head/sholder contact and that his shoulder was fucked up, I'm thinking that maybe he had a neck injury that had not shown itself yet... and is just high as fuck on his couch watching cartoons.

Nah... would never part another dudes bike. Sides, it's a modern sports bike with aftermarket exhaust. Not really my thing.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                        • Oct 2010

yah karma could kick ya in the ass...if its a month though then yeah...finders keepers kinda thing

Comment

• ARBY
                          • Apr 2024

You offered to hold his bike until he could pick it up. A week, a month, a year. Sooner or later he'll come for it. If your word to another man is good then I don't see an issue here.

Comment

• Ansutton21
                            • May 2011

Word.

Comment

• ShovelEd
                              • Mar 2010

Im with Arby.Its been 4 days.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...