Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibuiltmine
    • Jun 2010

what kind of bike is it? damaged bad? id hold onto it..... Look it over, see if theres a stash tube with the dude's registration in it. look him up on facebook, or call him and see how he is....

I bet hes just messed up and trying to recover and trusts you with it for a while. Probably in shock and doesnt even remember you keeping it.
    Hes probably been down at impound throwing a god damn fit because they lost his bike! LOL!

Comment

• Frankenfab
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ARBY
      You offered to hold his bike until he could pick it up. A week, a month, a year. Sooner or later he'll come for it. If your word to another man is good then I don't see an issue here.
      My thoughts too. I pushed it over to the side of the garage when I got back today and put a plastic sheet over it.

My reason for posting was not so much the free bike scene but that it seems odd that a biker would not call.. Like... even if I was laid out I would call someone and give them a heads up... Hence "odd situation."

Thanks for everyones thoughts on it.

Comment

• Frankenfab
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
        what kind of bike is it? damaged bad? id hold onto it..... Look it over, see if theres a stash tube with the dude's registration in it. look him up on facebook, or call him and see how he is....

I bet hes just messed up and trying to recover and trusts you with it for a while. Probably in shock and doesnt even remember you keeping it.
        Hes probably been down at impound throwing a god damn fit because they lost his bike! LOL!
        It's an R1. Totally fine/ridable sans some rash on the right lower side. I think that the reg would be in the trunk... I'll look later.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Frankenfab
          It's an R1. Totally fine/ridable sans some rash on the right lower side. I think that the reg would be in the trunk... I'll look later.
          there you go. hopefully not locked. I bet it would be easy to get ahold of the owner of the bike. Shit maybe it wasnt the dudes bike....

Comment

• Sighless
            • May 2010

4 days, yeah he's still high as fuck on pain meds. I got banged up really bad a few years ago, after I got home and ate a couple vicodin I literally slept the whole weekend. I know I got up and pissed and maybe even ate something; but when I actually woke up I had no idea it was Monday until my Ol Lady said she's called me into work. I literally though it was Saturday and she had to remind me my car was totaled.
            I agree give the guy some time.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
              • Dec 2011

Yer a stand up dude for hangin on to it. I would say maybe hang onto it for a week before trying to get in contact with him. He may have had warrants or blown .13 or something. Also it's possible he was more jacked up than you guys thought.

My mom got an xs650 that was like 5years old back in the day for 300bux cuz the guy who bought it new got the engine guard wedged between a rock and a concrete post and shredded his face on the windshield he had on it. He was too afraid to ride it after that. So maybe he might not want it back? I dunno.
              That's a classy move of you either way.

Comment

• Frankenfab
                • Mar 2010

shit man... I can say with a lot of confidence that most people one here would do the same. Has nothing to do with the fact that I build bikes/he was on one... it's just common fucking decency. If you'd leave some dude/his shit in traffic you should re evaluate some shit.

Comment

• RadfordWooly
                  • Oct 2011

He'll come back for it when he gains his senses!!

Comment

• ARBY
                    • Apr 2024

Besides, you said you take care of it so he probably isn't worried.Probably just needs to take care of medical issues first.

Comment

• starwolf
                      • Apr 2024

i have ta agree, ya said you'd hold onto it for him, a words a word !

Comment

• Frankenfab
                        • Mar 2010

I guess that I should explain that I live next to the freeway... So.. it's common for people to break down in front of my place. But living in a industrial area makes it OK to have bikes starting at 4am with no mufflers and having big bully dogs.. etc.. I don't mind it.

Anyhoo.. Rolled home today after work. Was pulling dudes bike to the side of the garage to get the bike I was riding closer to the center as I brought it in. Older lady like my moms age walks up and asks if I have any gas to spare because she ran out. I'm usually caught off guard when people talk to me because im completely covered in tattoos and ride bikes... Puts some people off.
                        She was really nice to me though and didn't seem worried.... I put a half gallon or so into her truck from the can in the shop and sent her on her way.

She just came back not five minutes ago (so five hours later) and brought me a can of gas and a thank you card? Fucking rad. Totally caught me off guard and made me smile.

Still some totally cool people out there for sure.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                          • Mar 2010

Did the cop see the bike and understand what had happened? And, did you get his contact info as well?

I tend to agree with everyone else in general. You gave your word to a man in need and it sounds like you are a stand up guy who will keep it.

Still, I'm wondering if there isn't something out of place here. Maybe the bike is stolen or the guy doesn't have it registered/titled in his name and is worried about the consequences.

I've had a bad wreck before, which didn't look so bad at first only to find out that I had 10 broken bones and a punctured lung (damn broken rib fragments will tear a lung right up). Spent 4 days in the acute trauma unit at the county hospital and then another month in a pharmaceutical fog, sleeping in a rented hospital bed in the living room before I came to my senses and got up and around again.

I say give it 90 days. If dude hasn't called you by then, he's either still in jail, still in the hospital, or dead.

Comment

• Frankenfab
                            • Mar 2010

Told the cop the whole story/where he was lying and the bike settled... the cop even helped me get the bike into the garage with his flashlight because the lights were out.

Me and a buddy looked the bike over on saturday and noted that the tabs are two years out and it looks like it's garaged. Seems like he's prolly a fair weather rider... but the tabs thing dunno. That would suggest to me that he's not insured which is illegal for bikes in OR.
                            I'm just going to leave the thing in the garage with a cover on it and forget about it. I'm sure that in the long run if need be I can call the cops and give them my address to back track the information on the guy.

Comment

• Carman34L
                              • Apr 2011

yeah, do yourself some good karma. hang on to it for a few weeks. see what happens. I know here in Minnesota you have to have it for 90 days before you can file a lien on it. Mechanics lien only 30, but a private lien in 90.

I would say wait it out, see what happens,

Comment

• cros36
                                • Dec 2010

fuck that, he wasnt riding a chop. not worth your time, roll it out to the street on garbage day.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;