• Show
Clear All
  • Frankenfab
    • Mar 2010

also... this seems pretty blunt...

Comment

• Frankenfab
      • Mar 2010

Just left the dude one last voicemail. Said that I am baffled at this point not hearing from him. Gave him my address again. Said if you just don't want the damn thing send me the title, if you want me to drop it off send me your address. Tired of thinking about it.

Comment

• YOURADHERE
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Frankenfab

Yep...Looks like the only thing you'd be able to do is have it towed/impounded after affixing a "notice" to it for no less than 72 hours.

I think it's mighty nice what you're doing and I'd hate to see someone taking advantage of your kindness.

I see you have his phone number but no physical address? Place of employment?

I think you have the best idea. Just push it out of sight, throw a tarp over it and give it time.

I have a friend dealing with a similar issue. He runs an ATV/Dirt bike repair shop. Had a guy drop off a CRF50 for a full rebuild and now the guy will not return calls. It's been at his shop for 9 months.

Comment

• CRFyou
          • Mar 2010

You guys want to know what I think?

I bet you anything that this guy is Josef Mengele. All that experimenting he did with eugenics and body part joining...

I bet he's now rocking a youthful body and trying to avoid capture by the IDF, and the secret nazi hunting recruits.

Crusing an R1 is reckless though, he's old as sauce. He should know better.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
            • Dec 2011

I think the confusion with this thread is that most everyone is licking their chops at the thought of an abandoned R1 and Frankenfab is just a stand-up dude doin a stand-up thing.

Again, much respect to a cool dude willing to just store some strangers bike. Truly a "Good Samaritan".

I am seriously goin a lil nutty about how this dude isn't even responding. He must be embarrassed to come get his bike or something. If he would answer his phone (and I were you) I'd go drop off his bike. But that's what's making this thread so interesting.

Anyway, obviously you have my interest with this, and it is nice to know there is a dude like you out there.

He didn't by chance look like this dude did he?

Comment

• Nosebleed
              • Mar 2010

Agreed. People are def taking different views on this thing because frankly, it's pretty damned interesting. I'm pretty well down with the following philosophy, which should be evident from my previous posts:

1. It's always good to help another person in need, and "personal gain" should not be your motivator.

2. The above being said, it's also always good to cover one's ass and avoid unnecessary trouble with the law.

3. Sometimes there are unexpected blessings in life, and it's good to experience them, but even better to be thankful for them. "Unexpected Japanese superbike for free" blessings fall into this category. When life is good, rejoice and enjoy it!

Comment

• ThePete
                • Nov 2011

After reading Oregon's abandonment laws legally there is nothing to be gained by having the bike towed, it's only going to cause hassles for the guy who owns it. It doesn't look like there is any provisions for claiming anything that's been abandoned as yours in Oregon either. I say as long as it's not in the way or an eyesore let it be, it's not your problem you're just doing a guy a favor, although something's smelly in Denmark with the whole registered to a different guy tags expired etc. especially with a newer bike. If it eventually gets to the point where its been there forever and I mean like 90 days + and the vehicle still hasn't been reported stolen or whatever have it towed. I'm not saying I would or wouldn't but some or most of that bike may or may not make it to the impound yard. Motor and frame would definitely not be showing up on something else I had my name on later down the line unless there was a clause for allowing you to take ownership of the abandoned vehicle.

Comment

• Frankenfab
                  • Mar 2010

I've been having one hell of a shitty weak.. tired of dealing with this dudes bike on top of everything else. Going to push it into a spot tonight and call it good. I'll shoot a couple pics so you guys know this isn't a bunch of bullshit.

Beyond that,.... I'll post on here if I hear from the guy but otherwise going to let it go.

Comment

• BigBlue
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Skyhigh88
                    how did you get that bad ass smily guy...thats dope man...your an IT guy?
                    I collect smilies whenever I see something neat someone has posted. I posted it here as an attachment by clicking on the paperclip in the menu. Kinda like this:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• CRFyou
                      • Mar 2010

It was a cool thing you did for this guy.

I could even see myself doing it. But to be honest, I would have assumed the dude would come for it after 3-5 days. Or at least send a buddy/friend/gay lover, etc. to fetch it.

As far as his communication... A little dialogue goes a long way. I freak out when I don't hear from people because so many people like to fuck people over for profit.

You're doing this guy a solid you deserve a response.

I'm not going to google it because I don't give too much of a fuck... but what did Ben Franklin say?

"Guests are like fish, they smell like a sack full of assholes after 3 days.. and fuck them for not getting the fuck on when they know I'm sick of their shit."

Comment

• Frankenfab
                        • Mar 2010

Yeah dude.. burned the fuck out on helping out people.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by CRFyou
                          It was a cool thing you did for this guy.

I could even see myself doing it. But to be honest, I would have assumed the dude would come for it after 3-5 days. Or at least send a buddy/friend/gay lover, etc. to fetch it.

As far as his communication... A little dialogue goes a long way. I freak out when I don't hear from people because so many people like to fuck people over for profit.

You're doing this guy a solid you deserve a response.

I'm not going to google it because I don't give too much of a fuck... but what did Ben Franklin say?

"Guests are like fish, they smell like a sack full of assholes after 3 days.. and fuck them for not getting the fuck on when they know I'm sick of their shit."

hear that...used to invite this dude over drink skate the ramp on a friday...motherfucker wouldnt leave until sunday, and thats if i gave him a ride...like wtf dude...get a life...stinking up my couch and shit

Comment

• Frankenfab
                            • Mar 2010

Dude called me today at about 2. Says he's coming to trailer it home tomorrow
                            No real explanation why I had not heard from him...

Comment

• gyro
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Frankenfab
                              Dude called me today at about 2. Says he's coming to trailer it home tomorrow
                              No real explanation why I had not heard from him...
                              crazy!! ph well at least the mystery is sort of solved now.

Comment

• ThePete
                                • Nov 2011

Maybe karma is on its way back around, its not like the guy was mooching off you or anything he just needed a spot for a bit, and who knows maybe he had to deal with a shitload of drama on his end and this was the first chance he got to get shit rolling. He could have called or returned the message earlier, if that was my bike or a buddys bike I borrowed (whatever his case may be) I'd have been pretty paranoid about leaving it there more then a day.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;